Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New tire for UMP in 2016?

Has anyone heard of a new tire for 2016? These are the rules for the Eldora Stock Cars which were updated 11/17/15. TIRES & WHEELS (subject to update by bulletin) a. All wheels must be steel 8" maximum with 1" lug nuts. b. Right front and right rear must be racing wheels. c. Stock D.O.T. radial passenger tires that fit 10 1/2" inch hoop are permitted for use in 2016. d. Approved DIRTcar Modified Hoosier compounds D-40, A-40 plus the Hoosier H-500 will be permitted for 2016. The “NEW” DIRTcar UMP National Modified compound will not be permitted.

thanks for posting this tip. Last I heard they (UMP) were going to push all on the A40, but based on your post it sounds like we maybe getting one tire. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by team jarvis View Post
    thanks for posting this tip. Last I heard they (UMP) were going to push all on the A40, but based on your post it sounds like we maybe getting one tire. thanks
    Who knows what they are doing, but it appears that the powers to be at Eldora know more than all of us.

lol that would not surprise anyone. UMP does not get actual rules before we need them.

from STL looks like new tire is on the way for 2016 http://www.stlracing.com/community/i...d-tire.227043/

I was told by a Hoosier rep, 2 weeks ago that the new tire would be in 2017.

Another money making scheme for ump and hoosier

I had heard from UMP a while back, that the new (one compound) tire was coming for the 2016 season. One compound will save me money for sure but the problem will be that they will let you run the other tires for at least half the season and that will make just one more tire I have to carry with me. When we run down south you can use "D's" at certain tracks, then its A's, As and H at others and who knows where this new compound will fit in, so now I will have a "D or "AS""on LF, "AS" or "A" on RF, "A" or "H"on RR and who knows on the LR? One tire compound is the way to go just make it start on April 1! (Fools Day should be fitting)

Dave
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports

Also the problem is with 1 compound they will make them softer and then we will go through more tires ... like the A-S Tire ....which equals costing more money and more tires

Quote Originally Posted by Racer96m View Post
    I had heard from UMP a while back, that the new (one compound) tire was coming for the 2016 season. One compound will save me money for sure but the problem will be that they will let you run the other tires for at least half the season and that will make just one more tire I have to carry with me. When we run down south you can use "D's" at certain tracks, then its A's, As and H at others and who knows where this new compound will fit in, so now I will have a "D or "AS""on LF, "AS" or "A" on RF, "A" or "H"on RR and who knows on the LR? One tire compound is the way to go just make it start on April 1! (Fools Day should be fitting)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by indyboywilliam View Post
    Also the problem is with 1 compound they will make them softer and then we will go through more tires ... like the A-S Tire ....which equals costing more money and more tires
    Maybe I'm in the minority but I loved the "AS" tire. Ya at the start of the season they were fresh out of the mold and didnt hold up, but after that they were great, you could wear them to the cords and they kept working all the way down, unlike an "A" that as soon as there was a long caution they wouldnt refire and had a tendency to chunk out. I had used AS's on the car for the 100 lap feature at FALS, ran the AMS show at Farmers and ran the same tires in the 100 lapper at Peoria. I guess it all depends on your set-up and driving style.

Dave
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports

Yes its all in everyone's opinion ... majority that I spoke to didn't like them

Quote Originally Posted by Racer96m View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority but I loved the "AS" tire. Ya at the start of the season they were fresh out of the mold and didnt hold up, but after that they were great, you could wear them to the cords and they kept working all the way down, unlike an "A" that as soon as there was a long caution they wouldnt refire and had a tendency to chunk out. I had used AS's on the car for the 100 lap feature at FALS, ran the AMS show at Farmers and ran the same tires in the 100 lapper at Peoria. I guess it all depends on your set-up and driving style.

Dave

I know the new tire has been tested. Different tread pattern also.
    Find me on Facebook: Impetus Dirt Racing Technologies

Anonymous does it look like the G60 or what.?

The new tire is the same tire that Wissota series uses.

anyone have a picture of this Tire?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdirtracingfan View Post
    The new tire is the same tire that Wissota series uses.

I loved the a-40s... however if it is the same as the wissota 35w. It will be almost the same tread patter and according to the Hoosier durometer spec chart it's just slightly softer than a g-60/H40. but harder than a d55 you would see on a DLM.

The 35w tire is a very good tire. Always seems to refire, good traction, only time Ive seen any problems with them is when the track rubbers up then they can have some wear issues but this was the excption. This was on a very abrasive track that rubbered up very badly.

Default purple mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Cust Susp View Post
    I loved the a-40s... however if it is the same as the wissota 35w. It will be almost the same tread patter and according to the Hoosier durometer spec chart it's just slightly softer than a g-60/H40. but harder than a d55 you would see on a DLM.
    I would be all for that tire.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    I would be all for that tire.
    If its same as Wissota then this could be trouble since I have yet to talk to anyone that runs Wissota that has anything good to say about that tire.

I dont know who you talk to up in the Wissota sanction but I still think its a good tire. We did have some trouble with them a couple of years ago but Hoosier changed something in the formula and never told anybody about it until everybody started to have severe chunking issues with them. But since then they have been good.