Thread: Pullbar Spring

Default Pullbar Spring

What happens if u soften spring rate versus stiffing spring rate in pullbar

It slows the reaction down and will sometimes make the car seem lazy and slow to rotate

Softer for slick, Stiffer for tacky. To put it into basic terms. I went from a 1200# to a Progressive and could tell the car was lazier in the middle of the corner when I picked up the throttle. Had to retrain my right foot.

A softer Rate does not make more traction in any situation. some drivers like a softer rate but its usually because they have issues in other places or a ratchet leg and there's no cure for the later. A three stage system is ideal its the best of both worlds basically.
    EFR Motorsports / Team EERC
    www.teameerc.com
    erik@teameerc.com
    573-330-8462
    6103 Highway DD
    Farmington Mo 63640

What if your on the clamped set-up

If you are clamped then its a whole different ball game you need more travel to allow the suspension to build traction. So in that case yes a softer rate can provide more traction. with that said I would look more at where the location is on the rear to increase travel instead of going to a softer rate. lowering on the housing will make the spring act softer and on a clamp car you generally don't need as much angle anyway. If you would like more detailed info feel fee to call the shop any time.
    www.teameerc.com
    erik@teameerc.com
    573-330-8462
    6103 Highway DD
    Farmington Mo 63640

Does moving the pull bar down on the housing tighten car up overall?

Team EERC What rate should you use on the clamp I have always used a 600/ 1200

The rate really depends on where it mounted on the rear end. Get me the height from centerline and where it is front to rear in relation to center and what tire you're on. With that I can get you what you need.
    www.teameerc.com
    erik@teameerc.com
    573-330-8462
    6103 Highway DD
    Farmington Mo 63640