Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Just flippin WOW!!!!

This stat blew me away!!!

There have been almost as many deaths in one American city as there have been in the two major wars carried out by the U.S. military this century.

Chicago’s death toll from 2001-November, 26 2015 stands at 7,401. The combined total deaths during Operation Iraqi Freedom (2003-2015: 4,815) and Operation Enduring Freedom/Afghanistan (2001-2015: 3,506), total 8,321.

Unreal stats and most meaningless. Nice post if people read it correctly?

We need more good guys with guns to kill bad guys with guns. Think about it, if we had one more good guy with a gun to kill the bad guy with a gun used in those Chicago shootings, then you could double that number of dead.

And of course, if some bad guy with a gun whips it out and starts shooting, the good guys with guns will all pull theirs out and start shooting too..... at anyone who is holding a gun and shooting at someone shooting a gun.....

Sounds like Darwin was right to me.

Good liberal spin on guns. Problem is, it is non sense. Then again, the whole liberal agenda is nonsense. BTW i do not think most people are in the mood to hear they should have their guns taken away. Liberals need to fade out of the leadership needed in this country, they have made enough of a mess. Time for some powerful leadership. Here is another thing. It is time for someone to step up and declare that Islam is not a religion of peace. I believe in their right to practice it, we live in a free nation. While I think most Muslims live peaceably, the Koran does not teach harmony with non believers. It says destroy non believers.

Ok. I'll bite. How do you tell the good guys from the bad guys with guns when the shootout starts?

Seriously, I would like to know. When I am standing in line at the grocery store and the firefight breaks out, I want someone to tell me how do I know which guys are the good guys blasting away versus the bad guys.

Do they have a sign? A t-shirt that says "Bad Guy with Gun" versus "Good Guy with Gun" on? How do you tell the difference? How does the good guy with a gun know who to shoot when they go barging into the movie theater and there are multiple people shooting at each other? Telepathy?

It's a valid question. How do you know who the undercover cop is with a gun versus the bad guy when both are dressed in jeans and t-shirts? How can you tell who the good guy with a gun is when he is blasting away and you come up on the scene with your concealed carry permit and the gun in the shoulder holster and your finger trigger is itching to get in on the action?

It's not some liberal nonsense. It's a practical, common sense question. And since we are moving toward a society of gunslingers with permits and packing heat everywhere, I would seriously like to know that all these people carrying deadly weapons have been trained in how to identify their targets correctly.

LOL, you have been watching to many Western cowboy shootem ups. It is called protecting one's self. No more needs to be said. 2nd Amendment.

I guess you don't know? Trump said that in the Bataclan theater in Paris if good guys had guns, the bad guys would have been killed. So my question is, once the shooting starts, assuming you're the gun toting good guy in the crowd, how am I supposed to know if you are a good guy or a bad guy when all I see is you firing away at other people firing away?

I know it's not the kind of question the gun advocates like to hear, but I really want to know. In the dark of a crowded concert hall, or movie theater, or out in a parking lot of a grocery store, when the shooting starts and the guns come out, how does one know who the good guy with a gun is versus who the bad guy who started shooting first is, if you weren't paying any attention of didn't see the action start?

Kind of a sticky situation if you ask me. Good recipe for innocent gunslingers to get themselves shot by other good guy gunslingers who mistake them for bad guys.

How about some common sense here? If people see someone shooting back at the bad guys then many will "get a clue".

These shootings are happening in gun free zones. So they are really are working right?

Would you rather that only Muslim terrorists, mental whackos, and criminals have the guns and the public sit there like a good little shooting gallery?

This mentality of taking guns away from law abiding citizens has NO other reason than the purpose of controlling them.

Never said anything about taking a gun away from anyone. Far from it. I own guns.

But, in this day and age, if someone opens fire in a movie theater and other folks start shooting back, how does anyone entering that theater after the shooting starts know who the good guys are versus the bad guys when all you see is people in a theater shooting at each other?

Common sense indeed. If a bunch of people in jeans and t-shirts open fire in a crowded place, and then another group decide to pull out their concealed guns and shoot back, common sense tells you in an instant you aren't going to be able to tell a "good guy" from a "bad guy" at all. It's just going to be chaos and mayhem and a bloodbath.

Welcome to the world the NRA wants us all to live in. Which, by the way, is very advantageous to people who would walk into crowded places and open fire.
    Last edited by t.nie; 12-03-2015 at 04:58 PM.

We don't seem to get to even find out do we. They only do these acts where they know the public is unarmed, do they not?

In the case of Chicago, if the public was armed, some would die, but the real criminals would be dropping like flies, thus vastly reducing the criminals will reduce the crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    Never said anything about taking a gun away from anyone. Far from it. I own guns.

But, in this day and age, if someone opens fire in a movie theater and other folks start shooting back, how does anyone entering that theater after the shooting starts know who the good guys are versus the bad guys when all you see is people in a theater shooting at each other?

Common sense indeed. If a bunch of people in jeans and t-shirts open fire in a crowded place, and then another group decide to pull out their concealed guns and shoot back, common sense tells you in an instant you aren't going to be able to tell a "good guy" from a "bad guy" at all. It's just going to be chaos and mayhem and a bloodbath.

Welcome to the world the NRA wants us all to live in. Which, by the way, is very advantageous to people who would walk into crowded places and open fire.
    The NRA is being unduly targeted. The public has a second amendment that is still SUPPOSED to be the law. To blame the NRA is totally unfounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    We don't seem to get to even find out do we. They only do these acts where they know the public is unarmed, do they not?

In the case of Chicago, if the public was armed, some would die, but the real criminals would be dropping like flies, thus vastly reducing the criminals will reduce the crimes.
    Look at the numbers of people killed. Assume they got shot. Assume that for every shooting, there was a "good guy" with a gun to "kill the bad guy."

Common sense logic says the numbers of people killed would HAVE to go up. Chicago is a gun free zone, littered with people with guns shooting each other. So obviously that law isn't stopping people from killing each other or having guns.

Simple question. You are in a room with ten people. 3 of them have guns. Is it possible to get shot and killed in that room?

Part 2 of the simple question: You are in a room with ten people. No one has a gun. Is it possible to get shot and killed in that room?

Hmmmmmm.......... that's a puzzler right there. If there are guns in the room, is it possible to get shot.... if there are NO guns, is it possible to get shot.

Look at the numbers of people killed. Assume they got shot. Assume that for every shooting, there was a "good guy" with a gun to "kill the bad guy."

Common sense logic says the numbers of people killed would HAVE to go up. Chicago is a gun free zone, littered with people with guns shooting each other. So obviously that law isn't stopping people from killing each other or having guns.

Simple question. You are in a room with ten people. 3 of them have guns. Is it possible to get shot and killed in that room?

Part 2 of the simple question: You are in a room with ten people. No one has a gun. Is it possible to get shot and killed in that room?

Hmmmmmm.......... that's a puzzler right there. If there are guns in the room, is it possible to get shot.... if there are NO guns, is it possible to get shot.
    I dont know where you're from, but down here in the South, it dont happen that way. When an armed citizen starts firing back, the perp is usually dead. If they had an accomplice, they usually run. Perps are just cowards and when they are confronted, they run or get killed!
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

Reagan (11 mass shootings)
    Bush Sr (12 mass shootings)
    Clinton (23 mass shootings)
    Bush Jr (16 mass shootings)
    Obama (162 mass shootings)

I just thought it was a stunning statistic...

Ask the criminals, terrorists, and mental whackos that question, not me.

Obummer stirs the pot and promotes violence, and sets back to reaps the rewards. Like ranting for gun control.

Yep again Obama's fault. LMAO. We know for the last 60 years it's been Obama's fault. Oh wait he isn't that old. LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Yep again Obama's fault. LMAO. We know for the last 60 years it's been Obama's fault. Oh wait he isn't that old. LMAO
    Wrong again kid!....Have you ever heard, "the buck stops here"! Yes its 100% his fault, the stats don't lie, but you being a liberal still WONT believe them!
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

Ok enlighten me. I will be waiting. This should be good. LMAO. Don't forget since I'm a liberal you are talking to the devil LMAO.
    Last edited by kidrock; 12-03-2015 at 09:36 PM.