Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel monopoly

Regarding the idea of monopolies in racing, i've always thought it was a very bad idea. Racing should allow everyone to be involved. And that's especially true on the local racing scene. All local engine builders, machine shops, parts stores, and speed shops should have the ability to participate. Same goes for all manufacturers. Tires, race fuels, cams, oils......everyone should be able to participate. Then, you have 30 possible track, or series, or team sponsors. You have 30 possible billboard advertisers. You have 30 possible contingency sponsors. And you have numerous choices of companies and services.
    Racing needs a lot more people and companies involved, not fewer. All it takes is good rules packages to keep the sport as inexpensive as possible while keeping competition as level as possible.

Mike I have been using your fuel for years, Recently started using the oil.Will the semi-synthetic Withstand higher heat ranges better than the mineral? How long should you run the semi. vs the mineral.I've been running the mineral but as you can tell I'm hunting for any reason to run the semi.,lol
    Last edited by RCJ; 02-18-2016 at 09:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick question how many will be goin with the 91 by the drum or the 110?

110 - simply for the hope of keeping temps lower.

110 will have lower exhaust temps over 91 which is somewhat relatable to engine temps but what we are looking at is detonation issues

if the 91 detonates under load conditions it will naturally make heat and cut power

Brad
    www.race-1.com

Econ 101....Supply and demand.
    When the demand goes up the price goes up. When the supply goes down the price goes up.
    When the supply is high and the demand is down, the price goes down.
    When the demand is high but the PRICE is set....the quality goes up.

If sanction really wanted to save the racers money they would legislate a price point and not the product.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    So you have ran Alky?

I ran alky for over a year, I know the facts.

14-16 gallons for 20 laps. 20-22 gallons a night on average for heat feature.

Gas 2-4 gallons. 5-6 in the whole evening. (oxy fuel)
    Have run alcohol as much or more than gas.

around 10 gallons on a 1/4 mile. (25 laps)

around 15 gallons 1/2 mile (30 laps)

Switching to gas saved about half the volume burn off.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 03-01-2016 at 10:43 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Your so bored you want to reply to a post from 3 months ago? Man move on you bore the heck out of me.
    I just realized you asked the question. You didn't mean enough for me to keep track of it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Yep and it really kills us Canadians running that series, 1000 for a drum is what we r told....
    Not good , they need to be more cautious with these jumps..

Plus Rush is talking about everyone MUST run a Bilstein shock soon, that will save us all money buy having to buy shocks and not be able to run what we already have.

What is next we all have to run the same spring on the right front.....this isn't nascar...don't let the box get so small no one will play in it !

I don't think she will go with the bolstering unless they r putting up a big chuck of change like Sunoco did. They will lose to many people if they switch shocks

Sorry Bilsteins

This is pricing in Canadian funds. Sunoco standard 110 55 gallon drum is $975.00 and from another sunoco dealer standard 110 55 gallon drum $955.00. I have engine builder that sell vp fuel that lives 5 minutes down the road from me and vp is cheaper but I have to run the sunoco fuel.

Anyone having a luck/problems with the 91?

i haven't personally had either with the 91 but his is what i do know (running 110):

1.) i know of fewer cars (1 in 10 or more) that are on 91 and winning than i do of cars that were on 91 and having issues that switched 110 and the problems went away (restarts, mid-corner stumble, vapor lock, etc.). i haven't heard anyone complain about the 110, other than being twice the money.

2.) everyone would rather be running a different fuel than these 2 options.

110 can overcome a lot of issues that 91 can't.