Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default AMRA viable option to replace UMP ??

AMRA regular racers would like your take on this sanction please. Likes and dislikes. Got a call last night about options other than UMP and would like to get others take. I know from a previous trip years ago that AMRA has a tech person at the track and they run a few different compounds of Hoosier tire. PLUS spoilers are allowed !! Those that race this sanction please provide details. If you are not comfortable with posting then drop me a PM or email me at maptracksolutions@yandex.com
    Last edited by mapracer; 12-06-2015 at 12:01 PM.

if you would like more info then year is there website http://www.amramodified.com/

Not going to happen for obvious reasons!
    I absolutely know what I am talking about!

thanks for those that have emailed and PM keep info coming, getting some interest thanks

Quote Originally Posted by $UMP$ View Post
    Not going to happen for obvious reasons!
    you are just a clueless. AMRA would allow spoliers and same tires as UMP and same engines.

Would not even affect the 36L you work on. BTW AMRA has there rules our already.

UMP could not organize a two car funeral.

Besides you do not race so NONE of this affect you at all. I was in Lakeville on Friday picked up some tires, did not see you around coward.

Every track is required to have a tech person...drivers get tech points...if you don't tech, you don't race...annual meeting for techs and track owners to go over rules. Pays $5,000 to the AMRA National Modified Champion and mods pay top 35 spots. Points are a little weird, I think you take top 15 races towards your points, but is broken down by weekend, so if you win twice in one weekend you only get points for one win. I could be wrong on points, but I don't think I am. No track fees for the track outside of paying the tech person, if you have to pay them. Drivers have an annual registration fee of $75. The quality of drivers in the AMRA are top notch, so when you run with them, you are running with some of the best in the nation.
    Last edited by Mr. Highside; 12-07-2015 at 06:53 AM.

[QUOTE=buzzxxx666; just a clueless. AMRA would allow spoliers and same tires as UMP and same engines.

Would not even affect the 36L you work on. BTW AMRA has there rules our already.

UMP could not organize a two car funeral.

Besides you do not race so NONE of this affect you at all. I was in Lakeville on Friday picked up some tires, did not see you around coward.[/QUOTE]First of all I raced every week you on the other hand raced maybe 6 times at best! Now it's time to educate! You see people all you care about is modified sanctions when as you all know UMP sanctions more than just modifieds and that is why racers race and promoters promote! Promoters know it is a package deal! And as you know I run a successful business and business is all about leverage! You see people ump has that! Promoters know that leaving ump would be business suicide especially in this economy!

Quote Originally Posted by $UMP$ View Post
    First of all I raced every week you on the other hand raced maybe 6 times at best! Now it's time to educate! You see people all you care about is modified sanctions when as you all know UMP sanctions more than just modifieds and that is why racers race and promoters promote! Promoters know it is a package deal! And as you know I run a successful business and business is all about leverage! You see people ump has that! Promoters know that leaving ump would be business suicide especially in this economy!
    so far all anyone knows for certain about you $UMP$ is that you type on 4m and you crew for the 36L. Thats it and you are unable to prove otherwise. Make all the excuses you want but you have NEVER been able to prove any different and everyone on 4m knows it.
    Furthermore I dont drive and never said I did not sure who the hell you are talking about racing 6 times, must be one your pals that you see at Plymouth when you are wrenching on 36L, so keep guessing. Get back to work getting 36L ready for trip to FLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Highside View Post
    Every track is required to have a tech person...drivers get tech points...if you don't tech, you don't race...annual meeting for techs and track owners to go over rules. Pays $5,000 to the AMRA National Modified Champion and mods pay top 35 spots. Points are a little weird, I think you take top 15 races towards your points, but is broken down by weekend, so if you win twice in one weekend you only get points for one win. I could be wrong on points, but I don't think I am. No track fees for the track outside of paying the tech person, if you have to pay them. Drivers have an annual registration fee of $75. The quality of drivers in the AMRA are top notch, so when you run with them, you are running with some of the best in the nation.
    Highside thanks for sharing and others please keep emails coming as there is some interest being noted. Buzz and $ump$ please take your discussion elsewhere I have no concern with either of you. I am trying to gather information and if you have nothing of value to add then please move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Highside View Post
    Mr. Highside and Mapracer, do you have any info on where Poske fits into AMRA last I heard Poske has some strong influence with the sanction, dont know how much it matters to what goes down, but good to know.

Poske is a major sponsor of AMRA and is one of the main reasons the points payout is so good.

I would be in favor of a new sanction similar to AMRA in the Midwest (Central Illinois) where they have TECH and not keep playing games with Tires and Body Rules Like UMP

I think Poske might be or has previously been an owner of AMRA. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Like I said, it will take a good sponsor or two to make tracks interested in changing sanctions. Some promoters are in bed with ump so, they won't change until their racers go elsewhere. A good point payout with a good set of common sense rules that are enforced will go a long way.

Looking at something like 2017 for a change. I wouldn't be surprised to see a track maybe make a change for 2016 with more to come on 2017 but, that's going to depend on what the drivers do.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Like I said, it will take a good sponsor or two to make tracks interested in changing sanctions. Some promoters are in bed with ump so, they won't change until their racers go elsewhere. A good point payout with a good set of common sense rules that are enforced will go a long way.

Looking at something like 2017 for a change. I wouldn't be surprised to see a track maybe make a change for 2016 with more to come on 2017 but, that's going to depend on what the drivers do.
    Poske is heavily involved in AMRA. If you have questions about AMRA in my opinion he is the person to talk to. I spoke with some of the other people involved and didn't make near the progress I made talking to Dave. In our (PA) region it is not an option for 2016 given the current landscape (the big issue being tires) but they have their stuff together and they are only growing. I expect them to become a much bigger blip on the WRG radar in the coming years.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

With this years tire mess and last years A40S tire mess I can certainly see why AMRA would be growing. What about tires from the rules looks like several options, but was the best tire option in AMRA ?

thanks again to all ! getting good feedback and compiled. Lots of racers wanting the spoilers back rules out before season etc.

UMP track promoters are happier with UMP than some of you guys give credit. If you are in Illinois or Indiana you may as well count on UMP being the dominant promoter in those areas for years to come. It's a lot about geography boys. Figure it out.

BTW, who said AMRA is growing. Their web-site only list 10 participating tracks. That is probably why it is easier to have Tech Guys at every track. This is not even a good comparison to UMP/Dirt Car.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtDirtCrazy View Post
    UMP track promoters are happier with UMP than some of you guys give credit. If you are in Illinois or Indiana you may as well count on UMP being the dominant promoter in those areas for years to come. It's a lot about geography boys. Figure it out.
    Like I said not going to happen for obvious reasons and that is one of them!