Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Poske is heavily involved in AMRA. If you have questions about AMRA in my opinion he is the person to talk to. I spoke with some of the other people involved and didn't make near the progress I made talking to Dave. In our (PA) region it is not an option for 2016 given the current landscape (the big issue being tires) but they have their stuff together and they are only growing. I expect them to become a much bigger blip on the WRG radar in the coming years.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Jeff,
    I don't have any questions because, I don't have a horse in this race that's going to be up to the guys that actually have a car or is a car owner.
    But like I said it's going to take money to make a change and if Poske is heavenly involved then that's a good thing and that's what it's going to take. I say good luck

Quote Originally Posted by DirtDirtCrazy View Post
    BTW, who said AMRA is growing. Their web-site only list 10 participating tracks. That is probably why it is easier to have Tech Guys at every track. This is not even a good comparison to UMP/Dirt Car.
    They have added the Renegades of Dirt and the Southeast Dirt Modified Series. They have also added tracks in North Carolina just this off season. Their website may not be updated yet.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

No comment. 🔥⚾️

In my opinion, it seems like the AMRA has their stuff together right now and look to have the backing to do some good in 2016. I believe Dave Poske is a major sponsor and supporter, and they have some solid backing and good sponsorship from some good companies, or at least it seems that way. I believe they've added a number of tracks over the past few seasons (Hilltop in Ohio, Princeton WV) and have just added the ROD and SEDMS tours to their rules package along with a few more tracks for 2016, which should be a big help in actually getting the rules a little more unified across the Ohio Valley/Southern region. They attract some TOP NOTCH drivers in the Ohio Valley region and have had some good car counts. I think they do mandate a tech at each track and I've heard they have some training for them each year? Hope they do well. At least someone is trying to make the class a little more unified.

AMRA looks like an upgrade as UMP has no tech people other the ones that show up every once in a while to make it look like they are checking safety items or body panels.
    This latest twist on tires makes ZERO sense, and they need to go.

thanks to all that shared, I have circulated as asked, the tires/rules posting today from UMP could certainly move things along.