Thread: Arca head

Default Arca head

I ran ministock several years ago but sold out and moved up. Now my son is starting racing full size cars and we are going to run a mini mod class that is wide open on engine rules. I bought an Arca top end from a guy the other day. We have the complete head with roller cam, intake, and thunder valley header.
    Can someone tell me anything else different compared to a steel head that we will need? I take gasket?header gasket? Head gasket? I plan to run head studs.

We are putting this on a long rod 2300 with Manley rods and Weisco pistons and putting it in a dirt works mod chassis. We have to weigh 2200 lbs and run up to 10" tires. We plan to run American racer mod tires and gear it for 8200-8300 rpm

We have a 2233.5 was longer roller in the head

Thanks in advance for any help

with the flow of the arca head,you will probably want to turn more rpm
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

Thanks. I figured that head would need more than that. Was just gonna keep upping his gear till we get lil over 8000 then get him to learn to drive and keep the rpms up

Watch valve cover gasket mesh and pay attention to the valve cover you are running. I like the esslinger casted valve cover. Some distributors *if you are running one* will be close to the intake tube. Place distributor before installing intake.

Make sure the cam seals are pinned good front and back as well as that softplug in the back. Pay close attention to your oil drainbacks in the back of the head. Some dry sump heads have problems on a wet sump engine because of the drain back issue. You'll likely need to turn some R's on a 2.3 to get it to run good. 9-9200 would be a good place to target. Prime that engine good and make sure all oil holes in cam are oiling.

Put that thing on alky for best results.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by let-r-eat View Post
    Watch valve cover gasket mesh and pay attention to the valve cover you are running. I like the esslinger casted valve cover. Some distributors *if you are running one* will be close to the intake tube. Place distributor before installing intake.

Make sure the cam seals are pinned good front and back as well as that softplug in the back. Pay close attention to your oil drainbacks in the back of the head. Some dry sump heads have problems on a wet sump engine because of the drain back issue. You'll likely need to turn some R's on a 2.3 to get it to run good. 9-9200 would be a good place to target. Prime that engine good and make sure all oil holes in cam are oiling.

Put that thing on alky for best results.

Thanks for the info! Do I need a special intake or head gasket?

I use hondabond for intake gasket and a standard 1035 felpro or 8992 head gasket works. Silicone RTV for exhaust gasket.
    Last edited by let-r-eat; 12-21-2015 at 07:26 PM.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?