Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default UMP Tire rules posted

Looks like headed towards one tire after 7/1/16 . Unless you use an H on RR

Same as last year. Except no d's for Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdirt View Post
    Same as last year. Except no d's for Florida.
    Same as last year...? They're taking the A tire out after July.

Just anotha guy on 4m who think's they know what they're talking about...

Typical UMP .... Help Hoosier make more $$$......... get rid of one of the harder tires and make the A40S a tire and a H tire after everyone has A's .... and then in other classes let them run everything.... UMP NEEDS TO GO TO THE MOON AND NOT COME BACK!!

This will cause an issue in the area where I race. The "a's" tire has been banned around my area due to horrible wear issues. I myself think The rule will change. And we will be back to the to the same rules.

Same problem they had last year..... UMP CANT EVER STAY WITH A RULE..... HOOSIER CAN MAKE MORE MONEY with the A40S

Quote Originally Posted by blackdirt View Post
    This will cause an issue in the area where I race. The "a's" tire has been banned around my area due to horrible wear issues. I myself think The rule will change. And we will be back to the to the same rules.

slowly but surely this is one of the things that is making me lose interest in racing...money racket from the word go trying to figure out a way to stick to the drivers...you'd think as much as the price of a tire has went up over the last five years, the product would be better..
    powerslave

The power is in your hands to get things changed. 1. Don't buy a UMP license 2. Don't take your car to the tracks that supports these rules. The problem is it need to be a unified effort which I'm not sure people have it in them to do it.

sad, AMRA looking better every minute, time to show at track and tell promoters you want a change and you will NOT buy a UMP card

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    The power is in your hands to get things changed. 1. Don't buy a UMP license 2. Don't take your car to the tracks that supports these rules. The problem is it need to be a unified effort which I'm not sure people have it in them to do it.
    needs to happen, the tire rules make no sense. sounds good for Hoosier and UMP time to let promoters know, by telling them flat out that you will not by a license from ump. promoters want cars they will have to cave.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzxxx666 View Post
    needs to happen, the tire rules make no sense. sounds good for Hoosier and UMP time to let promoters know, by telling them flat out that you will not by a license from ump. promoters want cars they will have to cave.

I'm just wondering if more drivers are ok with the way things are going then are not. You don't really get a good read on here as to how many lean one way or another or if some just don't want to up set the apple kart and will put of with it.

It would interesting to actually find out the number.

You will never get a good read on this forum again, because of a few certain people!

My guess is that you will see just as many cars as last year at ump tracks. I may not agree with some stuff but I will race anyway since the local tracks are ump and I want to race.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtrace09 View Post
    My guess is that you will see just as many cars as last year at ump tracks. I may not agree with some stuff but I will race anyway since the local tracks are ump and I want to race.
    Your probably right, that's what I'm thinking guys want to race so bad they are not willing to try and make a change or don't even want things changed.

At least this new rule eliminates one compound, so I only have to keep A-s and H in the trailer. That is better than having 3 compounds in the trailer, so that is a savings. The A-s is a good tire IMO. Way better than an "A" I havent chunked one like a "A" and it always refires, unlike an "A" so if I had to get rid of one it would be an "A". I guess I'm in the minority or only the people who arent happy post on here.

Dave
    Last edited by Racer96m; 12-09-2015 at 10:06 PM.
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports

I agree with Racer96m - going to one tire, even if it isn't the one you like is better than the 4 compounds. The A-S isn't as bad as most imply, I think it is just a preparation issue. I'm very happy to see this move towards the 2 compounds. Very happy

2 compounds and an avenue to sell your used tires to the other dirtcar classes. Sounds like a move in the right direction to me.

Move in the Right Direction would be 1 Tire...ONLY..... this way EVERYONE IS ON THE SAME TIRE...... AND EVERYONE CAN BUY USED TIRES

To my pocket book, it is a move in the right direction....not the end all answer for sure.

I really like the new rule, eliminates the D which most tracks were doing anyway. And also gets rid of the A which was what was supposed to happen last year. I really like the As anyway. I really hope they let us sipe in 2017, if not it will be chemical warfare worse then it is now.