Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Could Kyle Larson Be In the 100th Running Of The Indy 500?

This article was posted on the NSSN website today. I REALLY hope Ganassi decides to prepare a car for Kyle to attempt to qualify next year's Indy 500. I may be way off base here but I just have a feeling Larson would be pretty good in an Indy Car.

Keeping fingers crossed that this deal materializes!!

INDIANAPOLIS — Kyle Larson has visions of Indy cars dancing in his head.
    The open-wheel ace and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series regular said during an appearance on behalf of Chevrolet Friday morning during the PRI Trade Show that he “is constantly bugging” team owner Chip Ganassi to let him have a crack at one of his Indy cars.
    Larson, who drives Ganassi’s No. 42 Chevrolet in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, sat in one of teammate Scott Dixon’s Verizon IndyCar Series machines earlier this week and sent a photograph of him in the car to Ganassi.
    “I sent him the picture,” Larson said. “He basically told me that I needed to win a Cup race before I worry about getting in an Indy car.”
    Larson said he’d be very interested in racing an Indy car, especially the Indianapolis 500.
    “I would love to run the Indy 500,” Larson said. “I bug Chip about it all the time. I would love to be a part of the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500. I am going to keep bugging Chip about it.”

I'd say if Ganassi wants to keep him in his NASCAR stable he would be very wise to give him a shot at Indy.
    If not i'm sure Stewart-Haas will be more than happy to make room for him once his contract is up at Ganassi and i'd be willing to bet Stewart would make the Indy deal happen.
    It is well known Stewart wanted Larson in the 14.

Larson is and will continue to be a bust in NASCAR.

What are you doing here??
    No "light up" ceremony tonight with the "boys"??

Larson is gonna be running the Indy 500 TONIGHT!!!! They have not ran 3 continuous laps all night at the indy invitational!!! I bet if they run a 30 lap feature, the cars will physically drive over 250 laps.... he//, we had a heat a minute ago that ran over 100 laps!!! This race blows

I would hardly say that Larson is a bust. I love Indycars and maybe I don't have the balls these guys do, but he has a great career and newborn child, I'd stay out of the Indycars. Too much to lose, not much to gain.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart50 View Post
    I wouldn't say that. it was dumb to sign with the 42 team though.. should have waited a little bit for a top level ride to open up.. we'll never know how good he is in the 42 car, that would be true of anyone.

Larson is going to replace Bowyer in a couple years at Stewart-Haas

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Larson is going to replace Bowyer in a couple years at Stewart-Haas
    In three years it will just be Haas racing with Tony nowhere to be found... In five years Larson will not be around either. Someone will give him a second chance when he gets fired from the 42, and then that will be it...

^^^ You nailed your username I'll give you that...

^^^ You nailed your username I'll give you that...
    Was that meant as an insult?

Yes. If you think Larson sucks, who are you a fan of?

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart50 View Post
    Do you post anything that isn't plain stupid? The next time you have something remotely intelligent to say will be the first.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Heard from a very very reliable source the Larson will be in a dirt late model in 2016 and will run the Lucas tour

Larson had the last cup race won until NASCAR decided they didn't like that outcome
    And threw a pointless caution ... How is that a bust ?

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Larson had the last cup race won until NASCAR decided they didn't like that outcome And threw a pointless caution ... How is that a bust ?
    That is kinda like saying you would have won Eldora if all those other teams stayed home, it didnt happen. You dont have to believe me, but he will be on the chopping block if he doesnt perform in 2016. Time will show you that.

Everybody has their opinion, but he is young, marketable, can drive, a racial minority (even though most people don't realize it).......He'll be in Nascar as long as he wants to be.

You still never answered my question as to who you are a fan of?

Maybe I should pose the question this way.....If Larson is a bum, who are you going to put in the seat that runs better?

My answer: Nobody.

What is yours?

In the closing laps he was running down the leader like he was stopped and already drove right around bush ... How do to figure that's like saying if no other cars came he would have won ? If there was a legit caution I wouldn't even mention it. It was a typical NASCAR phantom caution that has driven real fans away in droves. Larson is a legit talent period

Yes. If you think Larson sucks, who are you a fan of?
    I dont believe I ever said that. I guess you could check with Rico. I said he was a bust as he is. He isnt the first to fail in NASCAR after being so good in other type cars.