Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I'm sure Austin will be much happier racing all season instead of the couple months a year Davey J likes to.
    for sure, Austin lives to race.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    Interesting move by Wilmoth.
    Paul and Austin had their Bloomer at Charlotte last month.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Here are a few other drivers I was wondering about:

Mason Ziegler (Has too much talent to not be racing Nationally)
    Bub McCool (Would like to see him back racing Nationally)
    Randy Weaver (Going to continue just running regional events?)
    Tim Fuller (heard he lost/is losing his BBM ride)
    Jordan Yaggy (What is he going to be doing if not running WoO)
    Ricky Weiss (Making the jump to the National Stage?)
    Bobby Pierce (Going to continue just running regional events?)
    Clint Smith (Back to the National tour? Ultimate would be a good fit for him)
    Kent Robinson (Just running regionally?)

Also heard some news regarding Clint Smith's former car owner? Will he be on tour?

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Weiss has intentions every year but never makes it through Florida before changing his mind.

Clint and Kent own and operate their businesses, I see them running regionally.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Weaver try Lucas up until Wheatland.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Paul has had that car for awhile. I believe he ran it at the UFO race at Tyler back in July. It was rumored that is Madden's Sweet/Bloomquist car.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 12-11-2015 at 09:59 PM.

how about these guys, Ryan Gustin? Chris Simpson?

I heard Eddie Carrier might run the outlaws somewhere on facebook.

How about Mike Marlar, what are his plans? Same for Chris Madden?

Paul has had that car for awhile. I believe he ran it at the UFO race at Tyler back in July. It was rumored that is Madden's Sweet/Bloomquist car.

Believe DaveyJ and Austin ran a Bloomer too in limited action during 2015. Good luck to Paul Wilmoth, local guy I've watched his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBandit12 View Post
    how about these guys, Ryan Gustin? Chris Simpson?

I heard Eddie Carrier might run the outlaws somewhere on facebook.
    Gustin will probably run the MLRA tour again, not sure why he doesn't run a national tour we all know he can wheel it. Must be afraid to run with the big boys since his f-up at the Silver Dollar a few years back.
    I'm sure Simpson will stay around Iowa, probably couldn't hack it on such a grueling national tour schedule.
    Not sure about Carrier but he'll probably run the Lucas tour or stay around home I don't see him jumping on the WoO tour at all

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    Gustin will probably run the MLRA tour again, not sure why he doesn't run a national tour we all know he can wheel it. Must be afraid to run with the big boys since his f-up at the Silver Dollar a few years back.
    I'm sure Simpson will stay around Iowa, probably couldn't hack it on such a grueling national tour schedule.
    Not sure about Carrier but he'll probably run the Lucas tour or stay around home I don't see him jumping on the WoO tour at all
    Living out west, it would cost a fortune to run a tour. No way Carrier runs Lucas after giving up his Lucas rent a sponsor.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I highly doubt Gustin is afraid of running with the big boys considering he is at virtually every Lucas show in that part of the area. The guy has a family and such. Those things go into consideration when deciding how to race. I know it's hard for your mind to wrap itself around that concept. But give it a shot.

You do know that Carrier ran the WoO for a couple years before he ran Lucas, right? Considering the number of WoO races within relatively short distance from home base in 2016, It's not out of the realm of possibility that he could do it once again.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    You do know that Carrier ran the WoO for a couple years before he ran Lucas, right? Considering the number of WoO races within relatively short distance from home base in 2016, It's not out of the realm of possibility that he could do it once again.
    Additionally he never had a brand name corporate sponsor when doing so. Seems everyone forgets that Eddie didn't start the year with Optima, that deal was originally with Mastersbilt and Ray Cook.

He ran all of 15 with optima on the car, 14 he started the year without them.

Gustin most likely runs with the MLRA/MARS because many of those races also offer decent purses for Modifieds on the same night/weekend, and he can run both. Also on off weekends from late models he won't be hung out on the east coast somewhere and can run USMTS in the midwest for 2-3k a win on a regular night, and more than that for some of those races on his home turf. Plus, his car owner likes to be at the track with the team and I don't get the impression that he is too excited about running back and forth across the country. He doesn't need the money, just wants to race.

Kinda of the same with Stovall, minus the modified part. Lots of decent races 3,4,5 hours or less from the house.
    Last edited by zach51; 12-12-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    I understand that, it's an interesting move that he is chasing WoO. Paul is a good driver, and I think he could have a great year if he ran regionally. I've watched him run at Tyler County since i started going to races. The last couple years he hasn't ran very well.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    He ran all of 15 with optima on the car, 14 he started the year without them.
    You're correct on that. Just pointing out that Eddie had toured for many years without the corporate type sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Gustin most likely runs with the MLRA/MARS because many of those races also offer decent purses for Modifieds on the same night/weekend, and he can run both. Also on off weekends from late models he won't be hung out on the east coast somewhere and can run USMTS in the midwest for 2-3k a win on a regular night, and more than that for some of those races on his home turf. Plus, his car owner likes to be at the track with the team and I don't get the impression that he is too excited about running back and forth across the country. He doesn't need the money, just wants to race.

Kinda of the same with Stovall, minus the modified part. Lots of decent races 3,4,5 hours or less from the house.
    Actually Gustin does need the money. His winnings put food on the table. He can run in the midwest with his mod and late model and make just as much as running a national tour.

If you actually read what I said, the OWNER doesn't need the money, and likes to keep his cars fairly close to home.

And yes you are right, that's my whole point.
    Last edited by zach51; 12-12-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Has Bloomquist
    confirmed that he will run the Lucas tour in 16'?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtMAN007 View Post
    Has Bloomquist
    confirmed that he will run the Lucas tour in 16'?
    I'd have to imagine the moonshine and Mark Martin sponsorships will have him on the Lucas tour and their TV stuff.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Bloomquist said tonight that they were going to try to win "it" this year, and he was referring to Lucas