Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

On one hand I can see JD and Rumley comin back to lucas and show em up like last year but I can see em jumping ship and run woo.

If I was choosing a series Id look thru each schedule to see which has the most tracks that fit my driving skills. Not all smarts are in the car, its what suits the driver (car and tracks) to win

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    If I was choosing a series Id look thru each schedule to see which has the most tracks that fit my driving skills. Not all smarts are in the car, its what suits the driver (car and tracks) to win
    This is true but it would sure help if the 0, 5, 6, 15 , and 20 cars weren't at that track that night.

On one hand I can see JD and Rumley comin back to lucas and show em up like last year but I can see em jumping ship and run woo.
    Yes my thoughts exactly dd45

Quote Originally Posted by wiswildmanfan View Post
    this is true but it would sure help if the 0, 5, 6, 15 , and 20 cars weren't at that track that night.
    i like that answer lol

ANYBODY can be beat wildman on any given day

ANYBODY can beat ANYBODY on any given day

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    ANYBODY can beat ANYBODY on any given day
    I guess the lucas oil officials didn't see it that way

That picture on an earlier page of this thread that aint what I seen on the (JDs)car. What I seen was two canisters with a rubber hose going in between them. What was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    It's a new day. If the nay sayers looked at Davenport or Clanton, this time last year, they would have said, Why, they don't have a chance.
    This! I read every post in this thread and that was the one that really hit it on the head to me.

I'm a fan of JD, but I'm more of fan of good racing. It was exciting to watch what JD did last season, but if it continues this year it will get old really fast. In spite of that, I hate the thought that any driver/team would get singled out because they were too good and I sure hope that wasn't the case.

I don't know squat about how the rule changes will effect the #6 team, but I believe the cream will rise to the top. Will it be JD and Clanton again? Maybe. But as Bubstr alluded to, who was picking the #6 and #25 last year? I wasn't. If someone was, well...I wish I had a set of crystal balls like they do.

The point is that for all we know someone else might come out of the blue and dominate this season, but there is a reason the K&L Rumley team's 2015 season has been called historic by just about everyone...because it was special. It's very hard to believe Davenport or anyone else will do that well again this year and it may never happen again.

It sounds like all y'all are excited for the season....much more so then I remember the past couple of years I've been reading these boards. I'm excited for it to get started too. For all the doom and gloom I keep hearing and reading about the sport, at least from a fan perspective it seems like it's quite healthy to me.

But back on topic, there was a videocast on DoD with Chris Ferguson in which he said that if he can find the money that he would like to run the WoO tour. That may not be earth shattering news, but if it happens that will certainly up my interest in the series.

There's a piece on DoD saying Joey Coulter has a Rocket and plans to run the WoO events for Speedweeks and possible follow the tour as well, so I guess put him on the maybe list for that series.

I'm very impressed with the sheer amount of drivers looking at potentially running a tour full time. Last year there were a bunch that dropped off both and I expect that again, but we are starting out with a bunch more than usual on both tours. If both tours can get 13-14 to stick it out for the full season that will be a big improvement over the last few seasons. It is nice to see some young talent injected into the field as well with Dillon Wood, Joey Coulter, and potentially even Chris Ferguson. I think that is a huge deal for Dirt Racing, as (I believe it was) Earl Pearson Jr. mentioned he was concerned about the age of the people running Nationally. I hope this trend continues, but at least for now it is looking like a great season! If only we can get Birky and Tim Fuller back we can all be happy and there will be no more complaining on 4m!

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    I'm very impressed with the sheer amount of drivers looking at potentially running a tour full time.
    I'm with you on that, amigo.

If only we can get Birky and Tim Fuller back we can all be happy and there will be no more complaining on 4m!
    BAH HA HA HA! What fun would that be? With the Fun Police paTROLLING anti-social media, this is the only place we have left!

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    I'm very impressed with the sheer amount of drivers looking at potentially running a tour full time. Last year there were a bunch that dropped off both and I expect that again, but we are starting out with a bunch more than usual on both tours. If both tours can get 13-14 to stick it out for the full season that will be a big improvement over the last few seasons. It is nice to see some young talent injected into the field as well with Dillon Wood, Joey Coulter, and potentially even Chris Ferguson. I think that is a huge deal for Dirt Racing, as (I believe it was) Earl Pearson Jr. mentioned he was concerned about the age of the people running Nationally. I hope this trend continues, but at least for now it is looking like a great season! If only we can get Birky and Tim Fuller back we can all be happy and there will be no more complaining on 4m!
    Yes it is impressive. But I don't really read into what guys are running a tour (especially RoY guys) until April/May. The winner circle programs and the point fund only pays the top ten. So that's really all you can count on. A couple of years ago... WoO had like 6 RoY guys. By the time the season ended you had 2 RoY guys left among the 11 that followed the tour.

This might have been said already on here but from Moyer Jr's latest DirtNation interview sounds like he might try to run for Outlaws ROY

The way Brian Shirley is running at Golden Isle, I hope he decides to race one of the touring series. The new equipment and support he has hopefully will allow him a chance to run one of the touring series and give us midwest guys and gals someone to cheeer for. Go Squirrel!

That picture on an earlier page of this thread that aint what I seen on the (JDs)car. What I seen was two canisters with a rubber hose going in between them. What was that?
    a double enema bag to contain all the #$%@ that gets thrown they're way.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by hayfever View Post
    The way Brian Shirley is running at Golden Isle, I hope he decides to race one of the touring series. The new equipment and support he has hopefully will allow him a chance to run one of the touring series and give us midwest guys and gals someone to cheeer for. Go Squirrel!
    I believe he has designs on at least starting out with the WoO.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

If I only would have won the lottery. I was hiring Birky and we were going to go racing.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    This is true but it would sure help if the 0, 5, 6, 15 , and 20 cars weren't at that track that night.
    and those guys don't want to see the blue 1