Default Dr. Dirt and the Ice Bowl

Seen it posted in a release, that Johnny Stokes would be in charge of track prep for the ice bowl. That being said, can he really make a difference with that many cars and that many laps????? What are you guys and gals opinions???

I think there will be a improvement, but how much of an improvement is the question. I really do believe that it will be better than what we've seen in the past. It'll be interesting to see though...

Here is some first hand info, the track has been worked on the last few days. We are going to have practice sessions on Sunday. Gates at 11:00a.m. the practice will be from 12 noon until dark.

What will the track be like? Who the heck knows, mother nature will dictate that. Come Ice Bowl weekend, of course it is daytime conditions with a boatload of cars, what do us in the know expect, who knows, all depends on the weather.

Bottom line it will be 300 cars in January in Bama, we all bet together for a happening and a race breaks out. Probably be over 130 Late Models!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

I'm wishing for the best. Mark I agree boatload of cars, boatload of laps in the day time. The man impressed me back at the Lucas race at the Mag in the spring. I drove through a monsoon from Tuscaloosa to Columbus, I mean wipers on high and running 40 mph type monsoon. I almost turned around and came back home but went anyway. Get to the parking lot, MUDDY, walk to the ticket booth, MUDDY, get in the grandstands and there's Dr. Dirt watering the track. He knows what he's doing!!!!

Track prepping is like moonshining...............there is a bunch of folks that do it, then there are a few that are really really good at it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Who all is going? Racers and or fans on here? I am down in Mobile, may make the trip up if the weather looks decent.

Just come up Zach and see some racing. You come up to TST and I will set you up for some future races in 16.

Late Model Mark
    TST Racecaller

stokes has been doing it for a long time, ill bet there will be an improvement , but who knows, its still a fun gathering. ill be up to see you LMM on Friday.......

Hope he makes an improvement, should be easy! Work on it every night after the action is over too. Having good weather before & during the event should help too. Some of us will be there regardless!

If anybody can Johnny can 🚜🔬🏁

I'm "thinking" of coming, prices? Is Saturday good day or just Sunday? What time does it start? On those days?

go to talladegashorttrack.com for all the scoop , if you want to see all the cars, then Saturday is best day , sunday will be a few consolation races and features. sat will be all the qualifying races and features for lower classes , lot of good racing Saturday....

May not be an Ice Bowl... Saw on Facebook where the tower/concession stand on the frontstretch has burned down. Looks like possibly everything was lost. A real shame considering the history in there and just how iconic symbol the tower was to TST. If they are lucky enough, they may be able to get it rebuilt but it will be a challenge. Hope they can get it done and be able to run the 25th edition of the Ice Bowl.

Latemodel86, I hope what they are saying is true and they are still gonna race......But if this freaking rain doesn't stop, it's not gonna matter!!!

Hope you all have a good track for the ICEBOWL. Pictures from the last few seasons made it look more like the Black Ice Bowl. How do you get a track that hard packed and that dryslick in January?? lol

We are going to race the Ice Bowl, got that right from Mr. Philips today.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer