Thumbs up Chris Feguson - via His Facebook page what fans think if we traveled WOO Late Models.

Chris Feguson - via his Facebook page asking what would fans think if we traveled with the World Of Outlaws Late Model Series in 2016?

Personally I think he would do good.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

In my opinion, he has plenty of talent to run a national tour & he'd be an instant contender!

He literally puts this discussion out once a month...unless someone writes him a fat check, he isn't going anywhere.
    Just anotha guy on 4m who think's they know what they're talking about...

Money is what it is gonna take. He would do good. Would he have a shot at the title? Possibly. He is gonna have to make all the shows. He probably wouldnt make the ride out to the west shows

Quote Originally Posted by AnothaBenchRacer View Post
    He literally puts this discussion out once a month...unless someone writes him a fat check, he isn't going anywhere.
    Say, did you know he has a small team and doesn't have a fancy toter? Been a minute since he tweeted that.

Yes he'll need a diff toter for the long trips. He'll also need some $funding$.

If he could find someone with the money to back him I could see him in the top 5 in woo points

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    If he could find someone with the money to back him I could see him in the top 5 in woo points
    no offense, but I would hope so.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    no offense, but I would hope so.
    I don't think it is necesarily the easiest thing to do. Its not like finishing in the top 5 in Lucas but still with guys like Richards, Clanton, Eckert, Frank, Wells, Junghans, Bagley, Heckenast, Overton, etc. it is still definitely an accomplishment to finish in the top 5. That is with drivers like Moyer Jr. and Casebolt aside who are also considering it.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Run the Battle Of the Bluegrass tour

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    I don't think it is necesarily the easiest thing to do. Its not like finishing in the top 5 in Lucas but still with guys like Richards, Clanton, Eckert, Frank, Wells, Junghans, Bagley, Heckenast, Overton, etc. it is still definitely an accomplishment to finish in the top 5. That is with drivers like Moyer Jr. and Casebolt aside who are also considering it.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Has Chub even confirmed he'll be back on tour next year? Only guys I've heard as a sure thing are Richards, Clanton, Heckenast, Eckert and Bagley

As much as I would enjoy watching Fergy kick tail on the full WoO tour, as others have stated he'll need a lot more money. I'm pretty sure his team only had one car and ran on a shoestring budget.

I have no doubt he could run top 5 for a full season if he had an adequately funded team. He might not embarrass the WoO regulars week in and week out, but Chub Frank finished 3rd in points and didn't even win a race. Fergy won two of the three WoO races he ran.

Someone only has to write him a check for about 300k and he would have to find a job that accommodates that schedule because even with the infusion of 300k he would still break even. I'm sure he would win some races and I'm sure he would spend a fukton of money and have nothing but those trophies to show for it .

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Someone only has to write him a check for about 300k and he would have to find a job that accommodates that schedule because even with the infusion of 300k he would still break even. I'm sure he would win some races and I'm sure he would spend a fukton of money and have nothing but those trophies to show for it .
    We only get one shot at life, Huck. Might as well do what you want to do. If someone else foots the bill, even better.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I would have agree with just about everyone so far about Chris running full WoO tour. He is very talented driver and can run and beat the best. I could see him in his first year finishing 3rd-5th in points, that if the same guys run it from last season. I would like see him run it, if he can find the funding to do it. If he can find the funding just for the first half and wins 3 or 4 and had has lot of top 5s and looking good in points. Some one or couple small sponsors would see its worth help funding him for the last half of season. He has take a gamble and needs someone to gamble on him with the backing so he can prove he can win on a national tour.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Wells, Junghans, Bags, Frankie, Overton? Please, their are lots of guys that could produce the same or better results with the proper funding and help. Folks seem to not realize that the help is a very important factor in running a series. Not everyone can quit their day job and travel the Country with a touring series. Do the research and you'll find the above mentioned drivers have some serious $$ backing. Give that same financial backing to a slew of racers and a top 5 in WoO is not a longshot at all.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    lol I'm sure if he could get $300,000 then winnings and merchandise would be profit. How did Overton run the series with one car and motor? I'm sure people on here would have laughed at that and would have claimed you need "500k".lol

Hope he does, and Good Luck Chris! He's about the best I've seen come out of NC since the double 0 from Kings Mountain.

FreeBird

I was thinking about what I said on the subject last night and I think I may have let me inner Fergy Fan Boi get the best of me. I would have pegged Overton for a possible top 5 in WoO or at least to have done better than he did last season, but experience on a tour and having limited resources did hold him back.

Fergy has the talent, but he may need a full year on the road to begin to realize his potential as a tour racer...even if he did have a well funded team. He was able to beat the WoO guys on his home turf, set quick times everywhere and perform well in heat races and shorter features, but he really seemed to struggle in the longer races. I know sometimes he pulled out to save his stuff, but that was usually only after he fell back from starting at the front.

That is what concerns me with Fergy right now. It's similar to how Randy Weaver ran this year. When he started up front in shorter races, no one could touch him. If he didn't start up front in longer races and against top competition, in general, he struggled. Fergy has time on his side right now, but even as someone that sees his potential, he has to get the chance and then prove he can do it before predictions of a top 5 in points....even on the WoO tour is warranted.
    Last edited by SnakeX3; 12-18-2015 at 05:41 AM. Reason: spelling