Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Route 45 Racway to fly USRA Banner in 2016!!!

FLORA, Ill.—If you head about two miles north of Highway 50 on Highway 45 in Flora, Ill., chances are you will come across a legendary racetrack… and the latest member of the USRA Weekly Racing Series family.Officials from the United States Racing Association announced today that the Route 45 Raceway in Flora has signed on to showcase four USRA divisions as part of their Saturday night programs in 2016.“I want to run a track from the racer’s point of view,” said B.J. McCammon, who joined Michael Burmeister as the new owners and promoters of the former Clay County Speedway at the beginning of the 2015 season. “Besides a good rules package, there’s a lot that USRA has to offer our track and, more importantly, our drivers.”Fans at the 1/3-mile high-banked clay oval will witness USRA Modifieds, USRA B-Mods, USRA Hobby Stocks and USRA Limited Late Models.All classes get a one-year grace period to transition to complete USRA rules, except for the American Racer KK-704 racing tire which will be mandatory for USRA Modified and USRA B-Mod competitors. USRA Limited Late Models will continue to allow the Hoosier tire used in 2015, with special incentives in place for those drivers using the approved American Racer tire.McCammon, who worked for Bob Pierce Race Cars for several years and also competed in a handful of USMTS events in the past, also announced some eye-opening deals the racetrack is offering new and returning drivers.Drivers who buy their USRA license through the racetrack in the month of January will receive a V.I.P. pass which entitles the driver to a free pit pass for the entire 2016 season.American Racer tires will also be for sale through the racetrack at discounted rate.As part of their weekly Saturday night program, the Route 45 Raceway will also host Hornets, plus several special events throughout the year featuring both winged and non-winged sprint cars.Big shows on their 2016 calendar include the USAC National Sprint Car Series and the big-dollar mid-summer Tim Lewis Memorial race for Modifieds.The Route 45 Raceway is located 1.9 miles north of US 50 on US 45, then west on CR 20 (700 N) in Flora, Ill. For more information, call (618) 553-1074 or visit www.route45raceway.com online. You can also like the track’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Route45raceway and follow on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Route45Raceway (@Route45Raceway).The USRA is committed to providing a combination of cost-effective rules for competitors in weekly auto racing with proven and effective marketing strategies to propel the growth and popularity of the race tracks that they patronize.With the support of dozens of national, regional and local marketing partners that include some of the most trusted names in racing and successful consumer brands, the USRA is able to provide track and national points funds that are second to none in dirt track racing.What’s more, the USRA provides a gold-plated insurance program that covers each licensed competitor up to $100,000—that’s more than double the amount of protection afforded by other sanctioning bodies boasting more than double the number of competitors.The USRA was founded in 2002 with the sanctioning of Modifieds and Stock Cars at the Thunder Valley Speedway in Fayetteville, Ark. Hobby Stocks were added in 2003, and the organization grew steadily over the next three years with 14 tracks hosting USRA Weekly Racing Series events in 2005. The B-Mod division arrived on the scene in 2006 and has grown to be the largest class under the USRA banner.Thirteen years after the birth of the USRA, more than 2,100 drivers competed in USRA-sanctioned events in 2015 while USRA-sanctioned events took place at 40 different dirt ovals in 11 states throughout America’s heartland.To learn more about the USRA, visit www.usraracing.com or call 515-832-6000. You can also like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/usraracing, follow us at www.twitter.com/usraracing on Twitter and check out our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/usratv.

WOW great news hope other promoters will join suit !!

good deal way to go ! Good to see a promoter step up to the plate. UMP has been ignoring whats going on for a long time and taking things for grant it. Stunned this did not happen sooner.

Alright guys you asked for it and Flora has delivered now do your part and support the track because, it's the only way to make it work. Plus if it works here others may be inclined to join. The ball is in your court now so, grab it and run with it.

Good deal,,,at least one track has the nerve,,,,any followers?
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

congrats to Route 45

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Alright guys you asked for it and Flora has delivered now do your part and support the track because, it's the only way to make it work. Plus if it works here others may be inclined to join. The ball is in your court now so, grab it and run with it.
    too far to make it every week for us, but yes we will make it down some and get a USRA card to boot ! Hoping this will spread to other places. If USRA helps with tech and racers see that are better options out there than UMP and the word will spread.

Quote Originally Posted by sirleafalot View Post
    too far to make it every week for us, but yes we will make it down some and get a USRA card to boot ! Hoping this will spread to other places. If USRA helps with tech and racers see that are better options out there than UMP and the word will spread.
    Yeah that sucks for guys wanting something different but, the track is just to far to go for a weekly thing but, I'm sure they will welcome you when you can make it.

nice work Route 45

Route 45 has made a Gutsy move. I will be interested to see if other Central / Southern Illinois promoters will follow. If not, Route 45 will be on an island by themselves in the USRA. There are no other USRA tracks in Illinois. Most of them are spread out from Minnesota to Texas. This would be a huge travel issue for the guys who want to run for points or desire to attend some of the Big Shows that USRA hosts at those tracks.

I attended Route 45 three different weekends this past summer. All three were just weekly shows (not specials) and each time there Mod Count was around 12-13. I believe they had a couple of specials for Mods but if I remember correctly they ran those up against other track specials such as the Prairie Dirt Classic in July, which made it tough to get large car counts for those shows.

Hopefully, this be a positive move for them. We will likely know after a couple of months of racing. Good luck fellas!

They barely got any cars before...where are they going to come from now?
    Just anotha guy on 4m who think's they know what they're talking about...

This deal is going to fail! They might as well be unsanctioned because at the end of the day that's what they are in the heart of UMP land! That deal only has a slim chance of working if you have multiple tracks in the same area going with the sanction!
    I absolutely know what I am talking about!

UMP is a rudderless ship with no one at the wheel. Kudos to Route 45, even if it fails they have not lost a thing. at least the bmod rules are not forcing people into crates.
    As far as Amods go its not like Charleston was killing it either for car counts.

At least USRA has there act together.

Just remember one thing Rome wasn't built in a night. No one at this point can say it will or won't work but, they were out nothing for trying as a matter some people might go just because, they had the balls to try it. Kudos to Route 45

Default I agree!!!!!

I hope this works out for all involved, and starts a movement to the east of Flora!!!! I would love to see something happen in Indiana!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by superstock50 View Post
    I hope this works out for all involved, and starts a movement to the east of Flora!!!! I would love to see something happen in Indiana!!!!!!!!!
    Indeed !!! other tracks need to take a look one tire !!!

Quote Originally Posted by rustymod View Post
    Indeed !!! other tracks need to take a look one tire !!!
    [QUOTE=AnothaBenchRacerThey barely got any cars before...where are they going to come from now?]If they had 10 cars before, I'm sure they'll get 5-10 more who are tired of UMP's BS and decide to give it a try. All they would have to do is buy some tires, and go race! Once they had a good time, and saw that it didn't break the bank, the word would spread. Great move Route 45!
    Vote for Pedro!!

Maybe Paducah should give USRA a shot. That would give the guys that want to run a Friday/Saturday night track. UMP seems to be no longer viable for PIR and maybe this would allow for increased car counts.

I Heard today that Red Hill was re-opening under USRA and will work with Flora on scheduling. Has anybody else heard this??? I know somebody brings up Red Hill every once in awhile on here, but I heard this from a REAL track promoter.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by superstock50 View Post
    I Heard today that Red Hill was re-opening under USRA and will work with Flora on scheduling. Has anybody else heard this??? I know somebody brings up Red Hill every once in awhile on here, but I heard this from a REAL track promoter.
    Just out of curiosity, what track promoter?
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1