• FRIDAY

3 11.11%
  • SUNDAY

24 88.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vcs

Default Vcs

What night should they run ??????? Friday or sunday like they always have

I just do not think that they can buck heads with Farmer City on Friday nights.

Sunday.... also they should add B Mods with Peoria,Spoon Rules

Sunday, but start an hour or two earlier.

its fri nights already been announced forget your silly poll . you only get a bunch of people telling you what night is convenient for them instead of what would be more profitable for the promotor.then they never show up anyway . the attendance was terrible on Sunday,and you lose all the Indiana cars because of the time change ,like everybody else just my opinion ,but unlike a lot of you I will be there no matter which night.

Sunday nights are just not good anymore. People don't have the money to race or go as a fan Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Friday night is their best option. Maybe a points fund between the charleston track with vcs might help.

I hope it's done better than last year true concessions would be a plus and Sunday is the only night that fits for vcs

If Sunday is such a good night why haven't other Friday or Saturday tracks changed to Sunday, why because they know it's not a good option anymore. maybe some Sunday specials might work but, not on a weekly basis.

Vcs has always ran Sunday except when hey tried other nights which did NOT work. Personally I think they would be better off with specials only. I tryed several times to support vcs last year and left actually wishing they would pull the plug,those other very few that were there no what I mean.

It doesn't really matter what night they run the economy is really bad in that area! Their only chance is to try not to run against other tracks on the same night!
    I absolutely know what I am talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Vcs has always ran Sunday except when hey tried other nights which did NOT work. Personally I think they would be better off with specials only. I tryed several times to support vcs last year and left actually wishing they would pull the plug,those other very few that were there no what I mean.
    You make a valid point that they have always ran on Sunday's so, do you think Sunday's will still work if it's ran a little different or do you think it's a losing cause because, of changing times and Sunday's or any other day for that matter won't work.

Kid, yes it HAS to be run different than it is now for sure. I am not a huge sprint fan BUT that would be. Vcs ticket for success. You have to have concessions! What wAs there last year did not even qualify as a joke. I wish vcs well but if it is like last year I will not be in attendance and I am 5 mile from track

Quote Originally Posted by ggp127 View Post
    its fri nights already been announced forget your silly poll . you only get a bunch of people telling you what night is convenient for them instead of what would be more profitable for the promotor.then they never show up anyway . the attendance was terrible on Sunday,and you lose all the Indiana cars because of the time change ,like everybody else just my opinion ,but unlike a lot of you I will be there no matter which night.
    To many tracks run on Fridays as it is. We come from Indiana and wouldn't make many trips over if they ran on Friday. Starting a little earlier may benefit Sunday which would make the racing not last so late.

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Kid, yes it HAS to be run different than it is now for sure. I am not a huge sprint fan BUT that would be. Vcs ticket for success. You have to have concessions! What wAs there last year did not even qualify as a joke. I wish vcs well but if it is like last year I will not be in attendance and I am 5 mile from track
    I agree as far as maybe trying sprint cars.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadJacks View Post
    To many tracks run on Fridays as it is. We come from Indiana and wouldn't make many trips over if they ran on Friday. Starting a little earlier may benefit Sunday which would make the racing not last so late.
    I had a promoter tell me it don't matter how many tracks run on the same night it's how you run your track and how you treat your fans and drivers and how you run your show.
    Having a good announcer, good food, treat everyone the same, a decent payout and affordable admission along with affordable concession will go along way to be sucessful.

There's no magic in running Friday or any other night.

VCS needs to go to specials only for a few years. Run 4 shows a year and run them well ( that's the key). After they've proven they can run specials well, they might have a shot at running a successful weekly show.
    Support WEEKLY racing......while you still can!

Pops, what kind of specials would you run?

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Pops, what kind of specials would you run?
    The classes would somewhat depend on whether the end game was to run weekly or just stick to specials.
    I'd resist the urge to run more than 4 shows.
    I'd be looking at Sunday night of Memorial Day weekend, 2, maybe 3 classes.
    Then a Sunday night non-wing sprint and midget show.
    A Thursday night LM and mod show in late July.
    Then wrap things up with a Sunday night of Labor Day weekend show with 2 or 3 classes.
    Support WEEKLY racing......while you still can!

Quote Originally Posted by Pops15 View Post
    The classes would somewhat depend on whether the end game was to run weekly or just stick to specials.
    I'd resist the urge to run more than 4 shows.
    I'd be looking at Sunday night of Memorial Day weekend, 2, maybe 3 classes.
    Then a Sunday night non-wing sprint and midget show.
    A Thursday night LM and mod show in late July.
    Then wrap things up with a Sunday night of Labor Day weekend show with 2 or 3 classes.
    I think a powrI show would be a good fit for them if we're talking specials here.

Here's the deal. Debate is over. It's going to be Friday nights. VCS still has yet to post their 2016 schedule. What's up with that. The bad part now is that most everyone else has their 2016 Schedule out including SPECIALS! This puts VCS behind the 8 Ball when it comes to pulling any kind of car count around the 3 day weekend special. Example: Someone in this thread suggested hosting a Power I race. Folks, Power I posted their schedule weeks ago. My point is that it is too late to be talking about hosting SPECIALS or talking to other sanctioning bodies such as Power I, USAC, MOWA, MSCS, Hell Tour, AMS, and all other related UMP Series have locked in their schedules for 2016. Darrell will have to get real creative in planning specials at this point.

Some of the best racing in the area has been at VCS. I would have loved to see some kind of Sprint Car Series back at VCS. MSCS would have been a good fit for VCS because of their geography and history with Sprint Cars. But now they will have to wait another year and hope they gain the attention of these sanctioning bodies somehow.
    Last edited by DirtDirtCrazy; 01-28-2016 at 09:40 AM.