Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by $UMP$ View Post
    UMP is a business and it's fine with me if they make money because that's what a good business does, make money! I support UMP because I race with them and feel it's wrong to bash them and then race with them! A hypocrite I am not!
    sure UMP is making money from Hoosier because everyone that runs UMP is stuck buying there overpriced garbage tire, with the constantly changing tire rules and rumors. rules are NEVER out before the season except for this season. any one else that ran a business that way and would be out of business. The only reason UMP is not out of business is NOT because mod racers support them. Its because the track promoters have not listened to complaints because they are making money. Racers are complaining and if UMP does not make changes soon they are going to loose more tracks. To ignore this fact means that one you either work for UMP of Hoosier or have had your head buried in the sand for years.

In 2017 UMP is going to make another tire change....unreal. Hoosier and UMP are laughing all the way to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by $UMP$ View Post
    UMP is a business and it's fine with me if they make money because that's what a good business does, make money! I support UMP because I race with them and feel it's wrong to bash them and then race with them! A hypocrite I am not!
    Your right UMP is a business and yes they should make a profit and I don't think anmyone can or will dispute that but, the problem is if they don't find a way to help the racers curb cost they might not have enough clients in the future buit, i will give UMP credit they did pay out over 300,000 in point fund money so, they do do some things right and no one can dispute that.

I dont think anyone can blame a track if they decide to try a different sanction if they are not happy with how that sanction is running their business. Do You?

The only way to make a change is not to support UMP by not buying their sanction membership until that happens nothing will change
    Last edited by kidrock; 01-11-2016 at 03:46 PM.

"UMP is a business and it's fine with me if they make money because that's what a good business does, make money! I support UMP because I race with them and feel it's wrong to bash them and then race with them! A hypocrite I am not!" -$UMP$

Ok, fair enough. But if it were cheaper to go a different direction, with just as good racing, car counts, payout, etc. and doing so would prolong the life of the modified class, wouldn't you agree that would be a better choice than sticking with UMP and what they're doing now and not having a class to run eventually? That's what I don't understand. I've run at UMP tracks under sanctioning many times, and I have to tell you, the tire cost, and engine cost for what we're racing for doesn't make sense. I now live in IMCA country, and even though it's not entirely the same, I can tell you that from the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit, the racing is just as competitive, the cars are the same cars, and I actually have the same fun for way less money. As you said, it's a business. If it costs me more to do something at one place than another, and I don't get anything more for my money at the higher place, it doesn't make good business sense to continue doing that.
    Last edited by modracr41; 01-12-2016 at 01:27 PM.