Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Pro's & Con's - UMP vs USRA vs IMCA vs AMRA.

Pro's & Con's of each sanction. The Goidelic and bad of each.
    UMP vs USRA vs IMCA vs AMRA.

Your thoughts?
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Your problem with having both (UMP-USRA) in the same area is the divide it will create. Lets say you have 50 cars in a given area that support 2 -3 tracks in that area on any given night. One track goes USRA, so those who live closest to that track will switch over to those tires and weight and engine rules, once they have a trailer full of G60s and a spoiler and a crate eng, they will end up stuck at that track and no longer support the other 2 tracks, sure they could get Hoosier tires, and an open motor, remove the spoiler and re scale if they wanted to race the UMP track, but thats a lot of work and additional money and for most the money savings is the biggest point. So what you end up with is 50 that could race 2-3 tracks but now just stay at 1. Anyone that thinks thats good for the sport is an idiot. I wish there was a good solution but unless one organization comes in and buys the other so all the available cars can support all tracks in the area, all we are going to accomplish is driving one track or another out of business, and I dont think thats what we are trying to accomplish.

There is nothing in the usra rules that says you have to run a crate engine. Also in reference to Route 45 switching to usra in 2016, they noted there is a one year grace period on tech rules, but must still run the usra tire,(g60 or kk704).

Then this is the time other tracks should jump on board also ..

Pro's

Actual Tech is done at most USRA tracks

ONE tire choice ! an typically less that the cost of ANY UMP tire, plus last longer !

Better run sanction that has rules out AHEAD of the start of the season, well organized !

Spoiler are allowed

CONS

Long distance to other USRA track currently

I am sure there are some other cons but with the state of things in UMP these days I dont see how this switch will make things worse.

For all you naysayers, UMP is not working and they have had ample time to make changes and for years now it has been the same song and dance. Wait around for Sam to get rules out when season has already started. tire choices that make ZERO sense, and change when you leave your track and cross into Indiana or MO, no tech etc. The list of issues with UMP is long and this years tire mess and last years tire mess has created this.

None of this takes into account what UMP has done to the Bmods by forcing all to crates.

Good Luck to USRA and Route 45, it wont be easy at first but its certainly a step in right direction.
    Last edited by oldschoolmod; 12-16-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolmod View Post
    Pro's

Actual Tech is done at most USRA tracks

ONE tire choice ! an typically less that the cost of ANY UMP tire, plus last longer !

Better run sanction that has rules out AHEAD of the start of the season, well organized !

Spoiler are allowed

CONS

Long distance to other USRA track currently

I am sure there are some other cons but with the state of things in UMP these days I dont see how this switch will make things worse.

For all you naysayers, UMP is not working and they have had ample time to make changes and for years now it has been the same song and dance. Wait around for Sam to get rules out when season has already started. tire choices that make ZERO sense, and change when you leave your track and cross into Indiana or MO, no tech etc. The list of issues with UMP is long and this years tire mess and last years tire mess has created this.

None of this takes into account what UMP has done to the Bmods by forcing all to crates.

Good Luck to USRA and Route 45, it wont be easy at first but its certainly a step in right direction.
    They are going to tech 10 cars because that's all their going to get!
    I absolutely know what I am talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by $UMP$ View Post
    Get back to work on the 36L, none of this affects you. You are a UMP kiss@ss so stay in Indiana and hang out with UMP, no ones wants you here or on this board.

Even less than that by July and looking to sign on with UMP for 2017 but you have to wonder if UMP would even take them! Man that track is doomed! Bad move!

Even less than that by July and looking to sign on with UMP for 2017 but you have to wonder if UMP would even take them! Man that track is doomed! Bad move!
    keep digging everyone on 4m knows you and your pal Lite Inn are pimps for UMP, we get it. you dont run Flora, so it has no impact on you at all. Stay in Indiana and mind your own business. All know that you think anything other than UMP wont work, so keep drinking the UMP koolaid and buying more UMP tires, no one in stopping you from going to UMP tracks.

Lol just Lol at all you guys,,,
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

What are you worried about $UMP$ ??????

According to your BS lies you run Shady Hill, thats a 4 hour pull to Route 45 last i checked. Doubt you will be showing up there with Lomax since he runs UMP.

Stay at Shady Hill or under the rock you live under

SUMPS Super Uneducated Mud Pushing Simpleton Find another hobby you troll, you don't know the first thing about racing,all you know is how to stir crap, take it somewhere else jackwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolmod View Post
    What are you worried about $UMP$ ??????

According to your BS lies you run Shady Hill, thats a 4 hour pull to Route 45 last i checked. Doubt you will be showing up there with Lomax since he runs UMP.

Stay at Shady Hill or under the rock you live under
    I'm not worried about anything just hate to see a track making a mistake like that thinking the grass is going to be greener! What they did is increase the tire bills for anyone who wants to go there and for others who want to race other than there!

Quote Originally Posted by buzz xxx666; 197311 6
    keep digging everyon e on 4m knows you and yo#ur pal Lite Inn are pimps for UMP, we get it. you dont run Flora, so it has no impact on you at all. Stay in Indiana and mind your own business. All know that you think anything other than UMP wont work, so keep drinking the UMP koolaid and buying more UMP tires, no one in stopping you from going to UMP tracks.
    You don't run anywhere! At least you are acknowledging that I buy my own tires but don't you worry I will be writing them off March 15th

Quote Originally Posted by lowgroove View Post
    SUMPS Super Uneducated Mud Pushing Simpleton Find another hobby you troll, you don't know the first thing about racing,all you know is how to stir crap, take it somewhere else jackwagon.
    It looks like you have trouble putting a sentence together! Lol

so I guess in the eyes of the owners of route 45 speedway It was worth trying and really that's all that matters. Like I said before know one knows if it will work or not but, one thing is for sure they would never know if they don't try it.

What I get from them trying this is they lost confidence in UMP and want to try something else. I say good luck to them and I hope it works out.
    I thought it was stated they had a year to conform to the rules but, I don't know if that means tires as well.

kidrock,,you have to start the year with american racers,,,
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

Quote Originally Posted by backspace View Post
    good news is that the AR is cheaper than the current Hoosier, it lasts longer and you dont have to switch tires in July. Yeah buying news ones to start is not a cheap deal but in the end its a better deal than UMP, where you are allowed to run Ds at one track not at another,

Quote Originally Posted by backspace View Post
    Ok thanks, I didn't look at that close. Well that will cost the racers more money up front if they already have Hoosier tires they could use but, in the long run it will save them money if the AR are a good tire.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Ok thanks, I didn't look at that close. Well that will cost the racers more money up front if they already have Hoosier tires they could use but, in the long run it will save them money if the AR are a good tire.
    AR's are 10X better than any Hoosier out there. They will not help a non-driving idiot keep from wrecking like the Hoosiers do, but they wear great, last way longer, and are only about $100/tire. All much better than the over-priced 40-series tires UMP mandates. This was the original IMCA modified tire before Hoosier baited IMCA into the one they use now.