Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hell Tour advice

I'm going to try to make a four or five race Hell Tour trip this year. Which should I shoot for: Belleville, LaSalle, Fayette County and Pevely, or Peoria, Macon, Farmer City and Highland. Coming from Georgia and a week is all I can swing. Never been to any of these tracks, so any assistance will be much appreciated

Out of those tracks Macon and Famer City are personally my favorites. Can't go wrong with either swings tho. All pretty tight racing bullrings

Quote Originally Posted by reddyfreddy View Post
    I'm going to try to make a four or five race Hell Tour trip this year. Which should I shoot for: Belleville, LaSalle, Fayette County and Pevely, or Peoria, Macon, Farmer City and Highland. Coming from Georgia and a week is all I can swing. Never been to any of these tracks, so any assistance will be much appreciated
    I would go with belleville,LaSalle, Fayette County, pevely

I would say Spoon River through Tri State if you can get up here earlier in the year. Really good tracks in that run. I haven't had time yet, but I like to check major touring schedules to see who might be off and back in the area as well (Erb, BShepp, etc)

Peoria, Macon, Farmer City and Highland

Honestly of the two options you said they are pretty even. Lasalle is hit or miss though as that is my home track and it can be awesome or a one groove bottom feeder. I don't bother going to farmer city without a pit pass because you are so far away from track, usually good race though. Macon is a must see track just on size alone. If I was going to go any four in a row I would also choose what was stated above... Spoon, tri city, FALS, and tri state. Nice thing about ending at tri state would be you would have already taken a chunk out of your trip home. If you could only do one of your two options you listed I would wait on weather if that's possible for you.

I've been to most of those tracks, I would suggest Jacksonville, Farley, Spoon River, Tri-City, FALS, Tri-State. Jacksonville is one of the most underestimated tracks in Illinois. Of the 70 tracks I've been to, Jacksonville is one of my favorites, in my top 5 for sure. Farley pretty much sucks but it's a nice place and they get a great field of IMCA Lates too. Spoon River's SN race was great in 2014 and Tri-City is a premier track in Iliinois. FALS is the best track in the country. Helfrich makes Tri-State the best prepared racetrack in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    Peoria, Macon, Farmer City and Highland
    Of the 2, this would be my choice also. It would be the most travel friendly for you. The 1st 3 are usually good shows. Don't know about Highland.
    8/13/16

i would say the Peoria, Macon, farmer city, and highland Peoria is usually a pretty good show with a good car count Macon is a must see race (get there early) and Farmer City is always a good show with a good car count. Locals are fast and a threat to win. I have never been to highland. That may change this year it has never fit in with my schedule. Pevely is for sure the track to see on the other swing. That is another place that has a lot of fast locals and usually a really good car count. Like someone else said Lasalle can be good but it usually locks down on the 100 lap shows. Usually pretty good the first 50 laps. I think they only run 40 for the Hell Tour. Watch the weather mother nature won a lot of races last year.
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

they are equal, both are very good. weather should be the determining factor.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Peoria, Macon, Farmer City and Highland ...Macon is the True Bull ring You have too go too at least once in a life time.. FarmerCity 80 % change of seeing one of the top 4 races on the SN ..Peoria and Highland All has good racing..
    But then theirs Spoon river..Tri-city..Fairbury and Try-state Would be 4 good ones too

for me its because of Macon that place is just so unique. I usually love the 3/8 tracks the best but that place is smaller than small. I believe Bill Fyre called it a soup bowl.
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

Farley, Spoon River, Tri City and Fairbury are each paying $10,000 to win and that usually draws a few bigger named travelers . In my opinion you would see some real good races at some real good tracks.

I appreciate all of the information. With all the help you've given, it looks my best option is to get more time off from work.

Quote Originally Posted by reddyfreddy View Post
    I appreciate all of the information. With all the help you've given, it looks my best option is to get more time off from work.
    Hope they give you some more time off .. Which ever you pick There is a 90% change you go home HAPPY ....

The earlier in the series you go, the more drivers who will still be following the series. As you get toward the last week and guys are lower in the point standings, they're more likely to skip races or drop off the tour.

You may also want to look at the Summer Nationals schedule compared to the Lucas Oil and WoO series at that same time to see if any of the guys who race those series (Erb, BSHep, Heckenast) may be home and hitting some of the Summer Nationals shows.

I don't get it why they call this a national tour it's regional midwest tour. Don't get me wrong like them tracks and i planing make the trip for the tri-city and Fairbury race. But still not a nation tour tho.

Peoria, Macon, Farmer City, and Highland would be my choice.
    Support WEEKLY racing......while you still can!

Went for the first time this past year in a camper and stayed in the parking lots. Fairbury, Quincy, Peoria, Belleville. Wasn't a bad one in the bunch. Fairbury and Belleville were my favorite. Peoria was great racing but the atmosphere is lacking in comparison to fairbury. Quincy was a nice little place but got rained out. Heats were awesome though. Wherever you go I recommend getting there early (like 1 or 2 in the afternoon) and taking blankets or towels to mark your seats. Definitely plan to do it again, hopefully for more races next time. No matter where you end up I bet you have a great time. Best racing trip of my life so far.
    Last edited by whyaskwhy; 12-17-2015 at 10:45 PM.

The 1st option would be the best of those two.