Thumbs up Pro's & Cons - UMP vs USRA vs IMCA vs AMRA. Rt 45 Raceway (IL) going USRA in 2016

Pro's & Con's - UMP vs USRA vs IMCA vs AMRA
    -
    Route 45 Raceway (Flora, IL) Announced a few days ago they are dropping UMP and signed with USRA.
    Formally Clay County Speedway.
    Says he was told by his driver they happy with the decision due to UMP's tire choice for 2016 among other things.
    -
    Here is the interview with Promoter BJ McCammon. His interview starts at the 29 minute mark. link below. Just fast forward with the curser arrow.
    https://www.soundcloud.com/pedal-to-...-16-15-podcast
    -
    The GOOD and the BAD between the 4 sanctions.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 12-17-2015 at 11:25 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Thanks HoosierDirtFan, very interesting.

Thanks for the link HoosierDirtFan. I'm certain most of the promoters in the region will be watching how things unfold at Rte 45 in 2016. BJ didn't say what UMP threatened to take from the other tracks but it's most likely their SN shows. Those aren't the cash cow for the tracks that they used to be so if things go well for Rte 45 in 2016 I expect more promoters to make the switch for 2017.
    Support WEEKLY racing......while you still can!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pops15 View Post
    Thanks for the link HoosierDirtFan. I'm certain most of the promoters in the region will be watching how things unfold at Rte 45 in 2016. BJ didn't say what UMP threatened to take from the other tracks but it's most likely their SN shows. Those aren't the cash cow for the tracks that they used to be so if things go well for Rte 45 in 2016 I expect more promoters to make the switch for 2017.
    No problem. I agree. UMP has turned into some what of a joke. There tech is crap and really only exist at the BIG shows and rules are crap. They can barely get decent rules for the Late Models and Modifieds. Personally I think they should have stayed out of the lower tier divisions <> Besides the bad economy and high gas prices, I believe they are partially to blame for the BAD car counts in Sportsman, Street Stocks, ect...
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by Pops15 View Post
    Spot on Pops, there were more promoters looking at something different then most people think. I heard from a promoter that said there were several who have considered trying something different but, were concerned about their Summer National dates.
    If some tracks keep losing money on those nights who knows they might be willing to make the change if things go good for RT45. And that will depend on how well the racers attend the track in 2016 and from the interview it sounds like they are off to a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    No problem. I agree. UMP has turned into some what of a joke. There tech is crap and really only exist at the BIG shows and rules are crap. They can barely get decent rules for the Late Models and Modifieds. Personally I think they should have stayed out of the lower tier divisions <> Besides the bad economy and high gas prices, I believe they are partially to blame for the BAD car counts in Sportsman, Street Stocks, ect...
    You are right they are partially to blame. I can't say they are all to blame but, dam they really messed things up with the rules in the SS class about 6 or 7 years ago. And you are right they should have stayed out of the lower classes.