Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Lucas was the bigger fish on the rules. Not sure UMP ever techs other than weight and most of the smaller tours are following the lead of lolm

And I agree 100% with Mastersbilt on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    The Lucas rules are official. The new suspension rules more or less restrict you to a straight 4 link and that's it. They have also added a provision that they can outlaw anything they want if you manage to come up with a new mousetrap within their very strict rules. It's garbage.

If WoO/UMP are smart, they leave their rules alone.
    What's truly funny is that according to the NEW LOLMDS rules you HAVE TO run the LR spring behind the rear end. So if you literally put your 4-bar setup on the car as run in mid 90's you would be illegal. If its about money put the spring in front on 1 shock. Series directors want to keep the NARSCAR engineers out but they are acting like NASCAR directors in the process. This is the stupidest rule change ever.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatTire View Post
    Playing devils advocate here......if everybody had a rumley device there would be no advantage, Just more money spent. So in the end all you did was drive up the cost to compete. The same can be said for soft tires, expensive shocks, and widebore motors
    There are no additional shocks. A couple bump stops. Really no cost to speak of. Cheaper than going from leaf to 4 bar.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by davis2902 View Post
    What's truly funny is that according to the NEW LOLMDS rules you HAVE TO run the LR spring behind the rear end. So if you literally put your 4-bar setup on the car as run in mid 90's you would be illegal. If its about money put the spring in front on 1 shock. Series directors want to keep the NARSCAR engineers out but they are acting like NASCAR directors in the process. This is the stupidest rule change ever.
    No kidding! A current Pierce car is not legal. A 3 link is not legal. This is comical!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Forgive me, I am behind and trying to catch back up onto the Late Model tech and latest innovations after being out of it for some time, but I have a few questions about what I've seen in this thread and one or two others.
    A. What does a Pierce Race Car have on the LR, or anywhere else that is different than a "standard" late model or 4 link setup?
    B. What was different about Bloomquist's shocks that were confiscated earlier this year? I don't recall hearing about that but do remember a picture or two of his car at the end of the 2014 season that seemed to have had the look or attitude in his car that Davenport had this year in his car. I remember someone telling me that it was something with his shocks, but they did not know what.

Thanks for info
    P.S. Sorry to change the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodel86 View Post
    Forgive me, I am behind and trying to catch back up onto the Late Model tech and latest innovations after being out of it for some time, but I have a few questions about what I've seen in this thread and one or two others.
    A. What does a Pierce Race Car have on the LR, or anywhere else that is different than a "standard" late model or 4 link setup?
    B. What was different about Bloomquist's shocks that were confiscated earlier this year? I don't recall hearing about that but do remember a picture or two of his car at the end of the 2014 season that seemed to have had the look or attitude in his car that Davenport had this year in his car. I remember someone telling me that it was something with his shocks, but they did not know what.

Thanks for info
    P.S. Sorry to change the subject.
    The rules say your shocks must attach to the birdcage. A lower tech way would be to connect directly to the axle. I have seen that on Bobby Pierces car.

Bloomer had j dampers or inerters that have been outlawed in several forms of racing. They react to shaft acceleration, not speed as most shocks do. They cost more than my engine apiece.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Also inerters can be computer controlled, they are electrical devices, they would be the equivalent of a traction control for the suspension movement, one could outfit the car with sensors and make a full active suspension if they wanted to.