Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default New rules for Lucas out

And Kevin Riley is probably not happy about the changes. I can't blame him one bit either. They are basically punishing him for being smarter than his colleagues.

Go get em kevin!!

It should be referred to as the " Kevin Rumley Rule "

Lucas Oil Late Model Series = NASCAR on Dirt.
    8/13/16

Money wins! This is a joke!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Got to give him credit for being smart. However, engineers ruin racing in many ways. They have made racing safer, but they have driven the cost through the roof. Argue with me all you want, but once the NASCAR boys started playing in DLM's, they upped the Annie. Which means you either hire the guy or hire a guy like em. Next thing you know, it'll cost $1M to run a Lucas or WOO tour. My dad is a retired engineer and I can tell you, they are advantage. In 5 years there will be no more high side heroes. It'll be bottom feed and the cars will be straight. There will be 2 engineers per car and full time data guys. It just never ends. Look what engineers did to NASCAR. No offense to any engineers out there, but this is an expensive and ugly road. I'm not saying to make the cars spec, but there must be some compromise. I don't have the answer, but allowing "no holds barred" will ruin the sport. It seems like every form of racing from Karts to Cars is always the most fun and the most competitive when it first gets popular. Once the crazy innovation gets involved, it's not fun anymore.
    Here is a great example. Can Am was an awesome series back in the 60's and 70's. Cool innovation and awesome racing. Plenty of wild ideas and designs. Then Porsche got involved and brought all of their engineers to the series. They developed the 917 and unlimited budget. They killed everybody and that killed the series. Period. Roush brought in major money and technology to TransAm, and killed the series. And on and on and on.

Everybody is on here crying about the rule changes Lucas made. Last year you applauded them for doing away with Bloomquist's shocks. Talk about hypocrites!

Quote Originally Posted by jcotton02 View Post
    Everybody is on here crying about the rule changes Lucas made. Last year you applauded them for doing away with Bloomquist's shocks. Talk about hypocrites!
    And they will be crying when the next big name driver retires. They will be saying we should do more to limit the cost of racing.

People seem oblivious to the fact that Lucas officials went to teams' shops and talked with them in detail. Then they had a meeting with the drivers and crew members to further discuss the changes. Then sent out a questionnaire to get more info and opinions. Has anyone considered that a majority of the teams actually wanted this? It is ludicrous to think Lucas went through all that trouble only to make rules the drivers didn't want. Now I'm sure Kevin and JD were strong opponents to any rules (as apparent by Kevin's twitter feed right now), just like I'm sure Bloomer was a strong opponent to the rules they made to outlaw his dominating design. But just like you said, everyone was applauding Lucas for outlawing Bloomer's design.

Bloomers design? Don't you mean f1 tech supplied buy the biggest high end shock company in the country that wasn't even financially feasible to the millionaire budgets in the sport.

Yea that was a bad decision.

Btw bloomers design was outlawed by formula 1.

Quote Originally Posted by hotshoe65s View Post
    And they will be crying when the next big name driver retires. They will be saying we should do more to limit the cost of racing.

People seem oblivious to the fact that Lucas officials went to teams' shops and talked with them in detail. Then they had a meeting with the drivers and crew members to further discuss the changes. Then sent out a questionnaire to get more info and opinions. Has anyone considered that a majority of the teams actually wanted this? It is ludicrous to think Lucas went through all that trouble only to make rules the drivers didn't want. Now I'm sure Kevin and JD were strong opponents to any rules (as apparent by Kevin's twitter feed right now), just like I'm sure Bloomer was a strong opponent to the rules they made to outlaw his dominating design. But just like you said, everyone was applauding Lucas for outlawing Bloomer's design.
    Did you ever consider that 4 or 5 guys may have been sore losers? That they don't represent the thousands of racers across the country that been in this sport their whole lives? They don't care that Bowyer can't buy Rumley deal and his engineers aren't smart enough.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Did you ever consider that 4 or 5 guys may have been sore losers? That they don't represent the thousands of racers across the country that been in this sport their whole lives? They don't care that Bowyer can't buy Rumley deal and his engineers aren't smart enough.
    I bet if Rumley would have taken the job he was offered at CBR none of these rules would have been put in place...So what do you do when you can't buy something you push to get the rules changed.. Page right out of NASCAR... . Welcome to the next level.

For you people that don't follow Lucas, this is what they are talking about.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...00000863184866

Quote Originally Posted by Vettemaker View Post
    For you people that don't follow Lucas, this is what they are talking about.https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...00000863184866
    I am sure most people on this site follow Lucas.... This isn't the message board for AMA or F1 racing.But thanks for the info. It really enlighten the people that doesn't know.

I think most of you assume engineers are making millions in racing, maybe in Nascar but certainly not in a role like Rumley has, even with another team. I work in engineering(though I am not a credentialed engineer) and a typical Mechanical Engineer is probably pulling in something around 70-100K unless they our in a special role. This is midwest dollars, so get into areas with lower or higher cost of living and it is different, but that's a good ballpark figure.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMatt View Post
    I think most of you assume engineers are making millions in racing, maybe in Nascar but certainly not in a role like Rumley has, even with another team. I work in engineering(though I am not a credentialed engineer) and a typical Mechanical Engineer is probably pulling in something around 70-100K unless they our in a special role. This is midwest dollars, so get into areas with lower or higher cost of living and it is different, but that's a good ballpark figure.
    That is correct. It's what the engineers cost when you need to start engineering. Testing, R&D, buying equipment... Look at it from the other end. He cost a lot of teams $100,000+ this year 😜. I think it's great that we still innovation room left in the sport, but it'll get out of hand.

Does anyone really know Kevin's secret? Heck, I've even got a photo of the "Rumley Device", the same one everyone else has.....If the "secret" is so public, seems like someone (else) in the industry would have figured it out by now. And what of all the other drivers that have seen the exposed rear suspension of that car...waiting on the grid, pace laps, etc......were they not paying attention? The photographers focusing on JD...did they miss it too? Was the photo staged, and the info leaked, has Kevin sent LUCAS, and everybody else, on a wild-goose chase? Kevin's pretty sharp and plays the game on several levels. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by mopar92 View Post
    That is correct. It's what the engineers cost when you need to start engineering. Testing, R&D, buying equipment... Look at it from the other end. He cost a lot of teams $100,000+ this year . I think it's great that we still innovation room left in the sport, but it'll get out of hand.
    Very few can afford to do testing with data acq. to optimize all the current shocks on the car. That is where we are now. The hacksaw and welder, tools of the common man, have been removed from the race.

Engineers are way more important now.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleZero View Post
    Does anyone really know Kevin's secret? Heck, I've even got a photo of the "Rumley Device", the same one everyone else has.....If the "secret" is so public, seems like someone (else) in the industry would have figured it out by now. And what of all the other drivers that have seen the exposed rear suspension of that car...waiting on the grid, pace laps, etc......were they not paying attention? The photographers focusing on JD...did they miss it too? Was the photo staged, and the info leaked, has Kevin sent LUCAS, and everybody else, on a wild-goose chase? Kevin's pretty sharp and plays the game on several levels. Time will tell.
    I expected it to show up at East Bay. Surely, someone else has it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gray View Post
    Bloomers design? Don't you mean f1 tech supplied buy the biggest high end shock company in the country that wasn't even financially feasible to the millionaire budgets in the sport.

Yea that was a bad decision.
    According to those on here, they were around $20k. If that's true, then they are 100% feasible to the big teams. Lemme guess, you and the other naive people on here think Kevin's knowledge and things he did was "cheap". The testing, data acquisition, and other machines he had access to aren't cheap.

Do I care, not really. But the hypocrisy on here of the Rumley rule and its such a travesty, while they do it to Bloomer and it's applauded. Lol, like has been said, fukin hypocrites.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Shocks , springs , 4 link lengths and angles , all front mounting points , arm lengths , spindle design , ballast placement all wide open and you guys say we have iroc cars now ??? Brian grays car is identical to Bloomquist now ?? Because 1 guy had his contraption outlawed??