Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    According to those on here, they were around $20k. If that's true, then they are 100% feasible to the big teams. Lemme guess, you and the other naive people on here think Kevin's knowledge and things he did was "cheap". The testing, data acquisition, and other machines he had access to aren't cheap.

Do I care, not really. But the hypocrisy on here of the Rumley rule and its such a travesty, while they do it to Bloomer and it's applauded. Lol, like has been said, fukin hypocrites.
    You think it was expensive because Kevin is held up as a "super genius". You think it was expensive because you don't understand it. That is where people are coming from.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 12-22-2015 at 11:12 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

This is comedy. Everybody is spending big money and big time innovating. Many smart guys in this sport. One just hit on something more than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gray View Post
    Bloomers design? Don't you mean f1 tech supplied buy the biggest high end shock company in the country that wasn't even financially feasible to the millionaire budgets in the sport. Yea that was a bad decision.
    So what did Bloomer have that was outlawed, please enlighten me? It seems everyone here agrees on what he had. Tell me so I can laugh my aS$ off.

12.22 Suspension Components
    A.) Any new chassis design or component design and or technology pertaining to and/or containing
    suspension must be submitted to the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series for approval before they will be
    permitted for use in competition. Manufacturer and/or competitor may be required to disassemble for
    complete inspection before instatement of new part is permitted.

it says chassis design, so I take it the new Rocket XR-1 is going to be submitted?

Just a thought: hard to believe they spent that much money on the device if they didn't even know if they were gonna run the whole schedule.

4. Floating, pivoting and/or rotating mounts and/or brackets of any sort are not allowed. All brackets or
    mounts attached to the birdcage must be bolted or welded solid.

Most cages have rotating shock mounts with a clevis, by the words of the rules that is now illegal.

It's called the Whack-A-Mole rules policy. lol

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    4. Floating, pivoting and/or rotating mounts and/or brackets of any sort are not allowed. All brackets or

Most cages have rotating shock mounts with a clevis, by the words of the rules that is now illegal.
    And clamp brackets, the pierce 3 shock lr, the cmc cantilever shock, bearing chain holders, pretty much all the fun is gone.

I hope Davenport and the Rumleys get PO'd about Lucas trying to "rule" out their innovation and jump to the WoO circuit just to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post

And if everyone went by the words of the rules the bodies would never gotten to the wind tunnel tested aerodynamic monstrosities they are today.....
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

Facebook

Thats the thing, knowone is definite on what Bloomer had. the just assume. Remember, assumption is the mother of all f@%k ups!

Quote Originally Posted by jcotton02 View Post
    Thats the thing, knowone is definite on what Bloomer had. the just assume. Remember, assumption is the mother of all f@%k ups!
    The thing is, some of us do. I just want to hear what people "think", more for amusement. Not that I'd comment either way. Brian Gray obviously knows more than us lowly peons, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jcotton02 View Post
    They outlawed 3 types of shocks. He got slower. It was one of them.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

It's a double edge sword. You want to be able to keep the cost down but, yet you want the guys to innovated in making the car better. There is no doubt the more you get the engineers involved the higher the cost is going to be to operate your race team.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    I hope Davenport and the Rumleys get PO'd about Lucas trying to "rule" out their innovation and jump to the WoO circuit just to make a point.
    Im with you jog49!!

Seems like some think an engineering degree, makes you a god. We have all seen some very smart shade tree engineers and more than one educated idiot. There is not one thing a Engineer knows about racing, that the smarter than average guy can't learn on his own.

This millions in research is BS. Some guy gets an Idea and tries it. It works or it don't. That is all there is to it. The home made bell and whistle is probably the cheap way to a little extra speed. Buying tech, is certainly not, and the rules left most of that intact. If you can ask the right questions, there is probably a lot of bells and whistles to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    WoO is going to follow suit with their rules. Do you really think that the best thing for the sport is having 2 different sets of rules for the 2 national series, therefore causing chaos and confusion that will send shockwaves through all of the regional series and weekly shows? Some of you need to think before you speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    The thing is, some of us do. I just want to hear what people "think", more for amusement. Not that I'd comment either way. Brian Gray obviously knows more than us lowly peons, lol.
    If you know what Bloomer has, will it still be legal by the new rules?
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    WoO is going to follow suit with their rules. Do you really think that the best thing for the sport is having 2 different sets of rules for the 2 national series, therefore causing chaos and confusion that will send shockwaves through all of the regional series and weekly shows? Some of you need to think before you speak.
    Lucas is the group that caused a disruption based on the complaints of a few. Regional series are already bucking the changes. WoO, who seemed to be losing importance and drivers, is now in the drivers' seat. They do nothing and Lucas is the odd man out.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

A rules loop hole / grey area, paved the way for Wedge cars. Not only were the bodies wild looking, they had 6 to 8 foot long bill boards along the sides of them. They ran sprint car sized RR tires, and some ran Big Block Fords etc for power to the toon of about 650hp back then. Cars in that era went really fast, gained a lot of speed very quickly, and safety was an after thought.

Schwartz after a drive shaft injury, that broke his arm, built and someone i thought restored the car where he sat in the middle of the car up towards the nose, and the Engine was in the middle of the car. That was the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. NDRA came a long and set up the rule book, and Wedge cars were out. The cry's from the masses was pretty consistent, dirt racing was over... You can see it on all forms of racing, watch Street Outlaws sometimes... Street cars racing, great, then someone builds a Pro Mod with 4k HP and wants to come take all the money, good times are over.

Everyone complains about Nascar, but forgets its not the racing that ruined NASCAR, it was you ! via pure capitalism. Someone seen a great opportunity and marketed it right, to the right sponsors and off it went. Fans loved it, and fed the beast with a lot of $$. Once the money got so prolific, Teams got bigger hired Eng's to win etc, its a self sacrificing prophecy, but that's racing in a nut shell. Someone will always want to win by any means necessary, wrecking others, buy the wins or just out right cheat.

Lucas Oil is on the right track i believe (although what is Lucas's intent with DLM racing is another good question?) for now keep the cars relatively simple and try to control the bodies. Getting a handle on the cost of tires is a great move as well, same tires thru to the B mains.

The long term consequences are far more important than one guys device. So that's my question, allowing the Rumley device, what would be the UN-intended consequences? cantilever type set ups on all 4 corners? 8 shocks per car? Speeds in excess of 180mph at Eldora?

and i know most will say all the history is irrelevant...
    Last edited by Kromulous; 12-23-2015 at 02:52 PM.

Just say no...