Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Lucas is the group that caused a disruption based on the complaints of a few. Regional series are already bucking the changes. WoO, who seemed to be losing importance and drivers, is now in the drivers' seat. They do nothing and Lucas is the odd man out.
    The best thing for the sport right now is to slow the cars down, which makes for better racing. If somebody doesn't step up and start limiting the cost, speed, and size of late models we'll be back to horrible wedge car racing. I'm not infatuated with speed like the sprint car guys who love to watch them follow each other around and not pass, I want to see good racing. Everybody complains about dwindling car counts, which would continue to happen if every team needs an engineer, but when somebody tries to do something about it everybody flips out. I say make the cars harder to drive like back in the day and let the drivers do all the work again.

I'm just glad they didn't outlaw my '95 MB... dodged a bullet right there!

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    If somebody doesn't step up and start limiting the cost, speed, and size of late models we'll be back to horrible wedge car racing.
    I've been saying the size needs addressed for years. Address the body size and it will take care of some of the other problems as well.....
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by 25drtrkr View Post
    If you know what Bloomer has, will it still be legal by the new rules?
    Let just say this... You'd be very disappointed if you looked under his car, and expected anything trick.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    The best thing for the sport right now is to slow the cars down, which makes for better racing. If somebody doesn't step up and start limiting the cost, speed, and size of late models we'll be back to horrible wedge car racing. I'm not infatuated with speed like the sprint car guys who love to watch them follow each other around and not pass, I want to see good racing. Everybody complains about dwindling car counts, which would continue to happen if every team needs an engineer, but when somebody tries to do something about it everybody flips out. I say make the cars harder to drive like back in the day and let the drivers do all the work again.
    The problem is, you can't go back in time. You can't unlearn technology. To be honest, everyone needs an engineer to be their best. The only reason they don't is cost vs benefit. I race against people who bolt 12 new tires on their car in one night and collect $200 at the pay window. That doesn't work in my accounting for racing. Neither does the toter to go race 40 miles away. What it costs to race is every dime you have. That is if your budget is 10k or a million. People getting into the sport would be shocked how decent you can run with how little if you just have a little knowledge.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The problem is, you can't go back in time. You can't unlearn technology. To be honest, everyone needs an engineer to be their best. The only reason they don't is cost vs benefit. I race against people who bolt 12 new tires on their car in one night and collect $200 at the pay window. That doesn't work in my accounting for racing. Neither does the toter to go race 40 miles away. What it costs to race is every dime you have. That is if your budget is 10k or a million. People getting into the sport would be shocked how decent you can run with how little if you just have a little knowledge.
    It's funny that you mention toters. I know of a racer that has a toter and stacker to race at a track about five miles from the shop.

I also know of a guy who buys all second hand stuff and and it's all mismatched, but he's very competitive at the tracks he runs regularly.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    Let just say this... You'd be very disappointed if you looked under his car, and expected anything trick.
    If he had "standard" stuff at the end of the year, he's definitely ahead of the curve. Davenport/Rumley will be behind at the beginning of the year. Bloomer usually doesn't run well during Speedweeks, but this year might be different!
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by 25drtrkr View Post
    If he had "standard" stuff at the end of the year, he's definitely ahead of the curve. Davenport/Rumley will be behind at the beginning of the year. Bloomer usually doesn't run well during Speedweeks, but this year might be different!
    i dont doubt what you are sayin
    but
    remember this year davenport was quick at golden isles, just hampered by mechanical failures
    and im guessing he wasnt using the best version of what they were working on that got banned
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

Quote Originally Posted by 153J View Post
    i dont doubt what you are sayin
    but
    remember this year davenport was quick at golden isles, just hampered by mechanical failures
    and im guessing he wasnt using the best version of what they were working on that got banned
    Davenport was awesome at Golden Isles before you guys knew who he was. Who says he runs Lucas?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDirt View Post
    OMG That is too funny

@ Krooser, your '95 MB undoubtedly is illegal now. Rule 12.8 (e) - 38" minimum between floor pan and the bottom of the roll cage. If yours is like my '07, it's only 36"...not that I need to be at a Lucas race anyways.

http://www.nesmithracing.com/wp-cont...ekly-Rules.pdf Looks like Nesmith followed Lucas.

Here's the bottom line , rumley is pissed he's back to the drawing board so he try's to outsmart you geniuses by spinning a narrative that he can design the same thing to beat the rules but it will cost a million dollars .... He's using your own stupidity against you , you can't build
    What he has under the new rules for any amount of money . Master racer suggested he could engineer solid 4 links that act like spring rods except Lucas mandated the thickness , diameter and material for the 4 link rods. You going to have to man up and out wheel the single greatest talent to ever strap in if you want to win now !! Your not going to win jumping the cushion 3 times a lap now because you have a gadget on the left rear ... This is going to put it back in the drivers hands and you guys ALL know (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) well that scenario stacks the odds in the favor of the GOAT Mr Bloomquist

There are holes in the rules. I already figured out how to get my current suspension back legal, but it would cost serious dollars on non suspension parts to make it work.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Mb racer your missing the point , they want you to run a standard 4 link rear with either a lift bar or a pull bar .. If you design something else it needs to be approved by them . And if they approve it and you start dominating with a non standard piece they will just outlaw that. They want to make racing about the driver and not an exotic design.

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    here's the bottom line , rumley is pissed he's back to the drawing board so he try's to outsmart you geniuses by spinning a narrative that he can design the same thing to beat the rules but it will cost a million dollars .... He's using your own stupidity against you , you can't build
    what he has under the new rules for any amount of money . Master racer suggested he could engineer solid 4 links that act like spring rods except lucas mandated the thickness , diameter and material for the 4 link rods. You going to have to man up and out wheel the single greatest talent to ever strap in if you want to win now !! Your not going to win jumping the cushion 3 times a lap now because you have a gadget on the left rear ... This is going to put it back in the drivers hands and you guys all know (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) well that scenario stacks the odds in the favor of the goat mr bloomquist

rumley will prevail and they will be on top of there game come season opener! They will still beat bloomer!

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Mb racer your missing the point , they want you to run a standard 4 link rear with either a lift bar or a pull bar .. If you design something else it needs to be approved by them . And if they approve it and you start dominating with a non standard piece they will just outlaw that. They want to make racing about the driver and not an exotic design.
    They outlawed very non exotic designs. Their idea of fun is terribly boring.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Thumbs down

They Herold Rumley/Davenport for being the, "David and Goliath Story of 2015" per Ritchie Lewis own mouth. Then turn around and tell David he can't use his slingshot no more because they asked Goliath how he felt about it and he said he didn't like it. I agree with so many of you, that this is what the next level is, legislation for every nut and bolt, the death of creativity and the triumph of "Mega-Bucks!!!". Soon they'll want to standardize the suspension and that will be my que to exit. I think its time to resurrect the NDRL and have a truly outlaw series that makes sense and doesn't punish ingenuity and creativity. Lastly I don't believe that the, "Gizmo" is the actual secret to there speed, I don't think it was one thing and I think 80% of what was pictured is simple misdirection on Rumley's part. But the knee-jerk reaction on behalf of the rule makers pi$$es me off, its simple pandering to the whiners and a very Nascaresqe mind set, one that seems to sadly be overtaking our country, laws, laws and more laws without ever dealing with a real issue effectively.
    Last edited by SuperEight; 12-24-2015 at 02:40 PM.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

Just measured the new rocket cars I have at my shop for customers and all 3 only have 37.5" in the drivers compartment . No floors even installed yet!