Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default WOO in a great position.....

Lucas changing the rules to be more like NASCAR makes the perfect time for World Of Outlaws to step up and be the "True Outlaw Series". I guess the epic year that Lucas had in 2015 wasn't enough.... They got to change the rules to protect their own... All promoters that have Lucas races should be concerned because they just came off of a record crowd attendance year to change the game. WOO will gain drivers and tracks because of it. And I hope the WOO series gets back on top because the path Lucas is cutting is right in line of NASCAR. I don't even watch any NASCAR races anymore because of the poor racing. Guess that little under funded team from NC upset the minority big budgeted teams... Lucas had the momentum and just gave it to WOO.... WOO time to rescue the dirt late model world and keep it from going to the "Next Level".
    Last edited by onlyfacts; 12-21-2015 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    Lucas changing the rules to be more like NASCAR makes the perfect time for World Of Outlaws to step up and be the "True Outlaw Series". I guess the epic year that Lucas had in 2015 wasn't enough.... They got to change the rules to protect their own... All promoters that have Lucas races should be concerned because they just came off of a record crowd attendance year to change the game. WOO will gain drivers and tracks because of it. And I hope the WOO series gets back on top because the path Lucas is cutting is right in line of NASCAR. I don't even watch any NASCAR races anymore because of the poor racing. Guess that little under funded team from NC upset the minority big budgeted teams... Lucas had the momentum and just gave it to WOO.... WOO time to rescue the dirt late model world and keep it from going to the "Next Level".
    Other than Davenport, who do you think would switch to WoO just because of the new Lucas rule?

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    Other than Davenport, who do you think would switch to WoO just because of the new Lucas rule?
    Don't assume Davenport is gonna run WoO. In fact don't assume Davenport will even run a national tour.

There will be a trickle down affect with these rules.

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    Not that they will get more travelers than JD but they will be a better option for a regional guy or locals because the rules they have just set will make it tough on those guys to run Lucas... Template nose, shocks and suspension rules that most all local tracks don't have or can afford to police... But JD (if he choose to race woo),Clanton, Richards will be big for WOO.. Three of DOD top 5 drivers of the year and Lucas with only 1. Last thing this sport needs is rules to stop it from how it got where it is.

I would like to see how many of you 4m keyboard jockies actually own a late model. I understand the concept and tradition of an all-out, outlaw style car where a guy can try about anything. But you people are constantly complaining about the cost of the sport and trying to figure out ways to make it cheaper. To say Rumley's design is cheap is a lie. It was way more than a spring-bar that you could buy from Penske or the one JRI is selling now. He had special birdcages and additional shocks. Now if you add up the cost of all those things it may come out to only 3 or 4 thousand, but you have to take into account the amount of testing time and money it takes to figure out a system like they were running.
    With the way things were heading last year it was going to be bad for the sport. It was getting to the point where regional stars were no longer able to beat the Lucas guys. Besides Simpson's win at Knoxville (because JD and Bloomer had issues) and Babb's win at the Topless (because JD and Bloomer had issues) the only other regional winner once JD and Bloomer got going was Weaver at one of his best tracks.
    And before all you people get butthurt and tell me I just dislike Rumley and his ability to engineer a better car, I have a Masters degree in mechanical engineering and work at a high level racing team as an engineer. I understand Rumley's design and given more time would be putting something like it on my car. But I think what Lucas is trying to do is save the regional guys. As good ole C.J. says, "Racers are their own worst enemies". Lucas is trying to save the racers from themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by hotshoe65s View Post
    I would like to see how many of you 4m keyboard jockies actually own a late model. I understand the concept and tradition of an all-out, outlaw style car where a guy can try about anything. But you people are constantly complaining about the cost of the sport and trying to figure out ways to make it cheaper. To say Rumley's design is cheap is a lie. It was way more than a spring-bar that you could buy from Penske or the one JRI is selling now. He had special birdcages and additional shocks. Now if you add up the cost of all those things it may come out to only 3 or 4 thousand, but you have to take into account the amount of testing time and money it takes to figure out a system like they were running.
    With the way things were heading last year it was going to be bad for the sport. It was getting to the point where regional stars were no longer able to beat the Lucas guys. Besides Simpson's win at Knoxville (because JD and Bloomer had issues) and Babb's win at the Topless (because JD and Bloomer had issues) the only other regional winner once JD and Bloomer got going was Weaver at one of his best tracks.
    And before all you people get butthurt and tell me I just dislike Rumley and his ability to engineer a better car, I have a Masters degree in mechanical engineering and work at a high level racing team as an engineer. I understand Rumley's design and given more time would be putting something like it on my car. But I think what Lucas is trying to do is save the regional guys. As good ole C.J. says, "Racers are their own worst enemies". Lucas is trying to save the racers from themselves.
    If you are so down with his design, you would know there is two shocks, unless you count the axle damper. Not sure that is a game changer there.

And certainly, the change from leafs to links killed LM racing. That was sarcasm.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    Not that they will get more travelers than JD but they will be a better option for a regional guy or locals because the rules they have just set will make it tough on those guys to run Lucas... Template nose, shocks and suspension rules that most all local tracks don't have or can afford to police... But JD (if he choose to race woo),Clanton, Richards will be big for WOO.. Three of DOD top 5 drivers of the year and Lucas with only 1. Last thing this sport needs is rules to stop it from how it got where it is.
    I will agree that the nose template is a terrible idea, but the suspension rules Lucas made are to get the Lucas guys back to what almost every regional and local guy has. And even if a regional or local guy has the spring-bar (which is about as complicated as any regional guy will get) all he has to do is drag out an old solid bar and put on it. The only thing I think might affect some guys is the two shock rule. I know Bobby and a few other people have used a shock instead of a limit chain on the left rear. But once again, get a chain and put on it. One thing is for certain, the suspension rules will not scare many local or regional guys off.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    If you are so down with his design, you would know there is two shocks, unless you count the axle damper. Not sure that is a game changer there.

And certainly, the change from leafs to links killed LM racing. That was sarcasm.
    You're opinion is you're opinion and I understand exactly where you are coming from. But don't be on here next time a big name driver retires and start complaining about the cost of racing.
    In my opinion the best rule they could've come out with is a increased weight for anyone running a big bore engine. Progressively increase that weight over time until having a huge $$$ engine is no longer a must.

Quote Originally Posted by hotshoe65s View Post
    You're opinion is you're opinion and I understand exactly where you are coming from. But don't be on here next time a big name driver retires and start complaining about the cost of racing.
    In my opinion the best rule they could've come out with is a increased weight for anyone running a big bore engine. Progressively increase that weight over time until having a huge $$$ engine is no longer a must.
    A huge engine isn't a must now unless you run a tacky or huge track every week or tour. Guys bankrupt themselves to spin their tires harder at tracks all around the country.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    A huge engine isn't a must now unless you run a tacky or huge track every week or tour. Guys bankrupt themselves to spin their tires harder at tracks all around the country.
    But yet every big name has a big engine. Are they made to be very drive able, yes. But they all got them.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    But yet every big name has a big engine. Are they made to be very drive able, yes. But they all got them.
    And they take timing out and choke them down with restrictor plates. They have them for the rare times they need them.

At an NDRL practice during the 2014 season, the guys I was helping were running identical times to Don O'Neal. We had a 730 hp engine with a restrictor plate closed as tight as it would go.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

WOO will be close in the rules package as Lucas has put out, but the problem now is gonna be with regional series. 80% of those cars now have spring bars. Now a lot do not have all this he engineered setup packages, but some of the top regional guys are hiring engineers now. The saying has always been the racers are their own worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by LMNED10 View Post
    WOO will be close in the rules package as Lucas has put out, but the problem now is gonna be with regional series. 80% of those cars now have spring bars. Now a lot do not have all this he engineered setup packages, but some of the top regional guys are hiring engineers now. The saying has always been the racers are their own worst enemy.
    I think you are way off on the 80%. But if a guy wants to waste money on a spring bar. That is his business.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Now the question is what is the next million dollar traction device that Kevin comes up with. And then lucas bans it too. Also if u do design something different than the normal 4 link system u have to have it approved by lucas before I even run it. RIDICULOUS

Ah the ole "How many of you actually own a late model" and "I have a masters degree in engineering" disclaimer. Gotta love it.

Quote Originally Posted by DEKconsulting View Post
    Now the question is what is the next million dollar traction device that Kevin comes up with. And then lucas bans it too. Also if u do design something different than the normal 4 link system u have to have it approved by lucas before I even run it. RIDICULOUS
    Yea the messed up part is that kevin supposally went to lucas on the banned gadget and they said it was ok. Lol

I think you will see most other series follow suit. That's what happened last year on the shock rule: one changed the rule and the rest followed the lead.

2015 World of Outlaw Late Model Series rulebook is 58 pages in length
    2016 Lucas Oil Series Rulebook is 29 pages in length.

I'd say both series have a lot of rules. No Series is a blank slate anymore and those days will NEVER come back. I'd look for the rulebooks to get thicker and thicker in years to come....

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    I think you will see most other series follow suit. That's what happened last year on the shock rule: one changed the rule and the rest followed the lead.
    I don't think that many regional series will be able to enforce the rule package like that. You will have to have a tech guy that is very very familiar with the setups and can enforce the rules and many regional series are not equipped to do that. I know I talked to one track promoter today and he runs super specials and he said he was not gonna do anything about it. It is a super late model and it should be open.

I don't think that many regional series will be able to enforce the rule package like that. You will have to have a tech guy that is very very familiar with the setups and can enforce the rules and many regional series are not equipped to do that. I know I talked to one track promoter today and he runs super specials and he said he was not gonna do anything about it. It is a super late model and it should be open.
    Does he enforce a tire rule or is that open too ? (As it should be)