Default Why USRA? Click here for my BJ McCammon Interview

I had a chance to talk to BJ McCammon for a bit about the switch to USRA at Route 45 for 2016. Hear it here

https://soundcloud.com/pedal-to-the-...-16-15-podcast

Thanks for sharing indyboy, good interview. Like B.J said there are other promoters looking at moving away from UMP.
    There were some prominent promoters out there considering it but, just wasn't sure how it would be procieved by the racers but, from the sound of RT.45 it could be better then they thought. I didn't see it happening this year but, they could next year if things go good for RT.45.

I look for a couple more to do it in 2017 especially if they continue to lose money on their Summer National night. If your a track that keeps making money on those nights probably not unless the racers demand it or go other places.

I say tire change is a very good start... and with that I mean a Hard Tire..

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Thanks for sharing indyboy, good interview. Like B.J said there are other promoters looking at moving away from UMP.
    There were some prominent promoters out there considering it but, just wasn't sure how it would be procieved by the racers but, from the sound of RT.45 it could be better then they thought. I didn't see it happening this year but, they could next year if things go good for RT.45.

I look for a couple more to do it in 2017 especially if they continue to lose money on their Summer National night. If your a track that keeps making money on those nights probably not unless the racers demand it or go other places.

Quote Originally Posted by indyboywilliam View Post
    I say tire change is a very good start... and with that I mean a Hard Tire..
    A tire that last as well.

I had a chance to talk to BJ McCammon for a bit about the switch to USRA at Route 45 for 2016. Hear it here

https://soundcloud.com/pedal-to-the-...-16-15-podcast
    thanks for sharing, wow sounds like others are interested

UMP trying hold down the fort by threatening to pull dates for Summer shows to keep tracks from switching. The bmods are what got this deal going.

Lots of racers not happy with UMP forcing everyone to crates. UMP is going to have to switch up or die when it comes to bmods, too many racers not wanting to run the crate.

Drivers get in free! It is about time that a track realizes that without drivers, they have nothing. Around here, they charge the drivers a pit pass for every class he runs. That is a slap in the face to the guys who are putting on the show. Promoters ( so called) need to figure out how to put people in the grandstands, instead of taking the lazy way out and making the racers pay their own way. Kudos BJ Mccammon for looking out for the racers, and trying to help make a difference. I hope it works for you.
    Last edited by HEAVY DUTY; 12-24-2015 at 08:57 AM.

best part of the interview was the discussion on the 23-30 Bmods they have weekly and they all complained about being forced to crates and that this was the one the driving forces to move AWAY from UMP. Before 2017 when UMP offer no other option at all, I fully expect more tracks to go away from UMP at least for B mods

Not so sure other promoters looked in to it because there are no names out there! I'm sure they were presented with the opportunity and quickly realized it is bad one! One promoter with no car count is rolling the dice! Big deal! And a bunch of no name promoters looking into it! B.S. B.J. couldn't find any promoters dumb enough to walk the plank with him!
    Last edited by $UMP$; 12-24-2015 at 01:33 PM.
    I absolutely know what I am talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by $UMP$ View Post
    Not so sure other promoters looked in to it because there are no names out there! I'm sure they were presented with the opportunity and quickly realized it is bad one! One promoter with no car count is rolling the dice! Big deal! And a bunch of no name promoters looking into it! B.S. B.J. couldn't find any promoters dumb enough to walk the plank with him!
    What do you know $UMP$ ??? You dont race you are only on the Lomax crew and nothing more. Why do you care what Flora does, it does not affect you in the least, you CLAIM to race Shady Hill, so keep paying John your money and leave everyone else alone.

The promoter at Route 45, is upfront and shared what he knows you have no clue what promoters he talked to. All you know $UMP$ is that you dont like anything but UMP. Too bad the rest of the world is waking up and figuring out that your boys at UMP have been screwing everyone with there over priced trash tire and no rules for years now and its caught up with them.
    UMP's ruthless push for crates on bmods is not helping either.

Dont like it $UMP$ ?? Well that keep running UMP, no one is stopping you. There are tons of UMP tracks that are running in 2016.

Times are changing, the BS that UMP keeps pulling is what caused this. As the Route 54 promoter said, UMP coming out with there garbage tire rules for 2016 is what also lead to his choice.

You can keep blindly following UMP, but we all know what happens to a fool and his money.

What I read here is FEAR you are scared that other tracks will see the light and move on too, which is bound to happen since UMP could not organize a two car funeral.

There is a reason for no names at this point but, I know for a fact there were and still are other promoters out there that had or have considered making a move. Now what I will say there was no mention of what sanction they were looking at or if they would form their own but, they know in order to form their own it will take a couple of sponsors to pull it off. Some even considered no sanction. And instead of paying a sanction fee they would put that money towards the purse or a year end point fund or have a big paying race like the summer nationals race but, now that RT.45 has made the move they probably will sit back and see how this works out. So don't think for a minute this is last your going to hear of it.

I have one question. $UMP$, why are you so supportive of UMP as a sanctioning body for modified racing? I have been on this board for years, and every winter you come on here and defend them to the hilt. Unless you have some stake in this, why would you insist on doing that? They don't do anything for the racer. They don't do anything to help control costs of racing, or to further the cause. They only line their pockets with money from hard-working people and laugh all the way to the bank. DirtCar as an organization could care less about Modified racing. They purchased UMP to have Late Model racing. So, I ask you again, why is this so important to you? There are numerous other sanctioning bodies out there that actually care about modified racing, and the future of modified racing. IMCA, AMRA, USRA, USMTS, and others. Rt 45 is tired of the status quo and is attempting to do something about it. I hope that other tracks see how successful this venture is and follow suit. If you're afraid of the unknown, so be it. Just wait and see but if you're truly a modified owner/racer as you claim, you surely would welcome change that would prolong your sport and possibly save you money. So without resorting to being nasty or hateful, please enlighten me.

I also know for Fact of 5 tracks that have been looking into dropping ump and talking to the racers and getting there feedback.... the tracks need to remember who pays there bills.... (the racers and fans) Not UMP or Hoosier

I also know for Fact of 5 tracks that have been looking into dropping ump and talking to the racers and getting there feedback.... the tracks need to remember who pays there bills.... (the racers and fans) Not UMP or Hoosier
    Indeed, also this area needs competition badly, and IF somehow UMP is the better product then they will win out. UMP has had it easy for years, but lasts years tire mess and this years tire deal and the upcoming tire deal for 2017 are enough to cause promoters to look at other options.

UMP could have done the right things and gone to one tire long ago, but there greed has got them to where they are now. Greed is what is also causing UMP to push B- Mods to the CRATE only deal for 2017.

From the sounds on the interview this is what will cause the death of UMP for Bmods. To many racers that have no desire to get rid of engines they already own.

I know that both local tracks in our area Dropped UMP B-mods due to the direction the b-mod rules with UMP Are going... to Stick with there own Rules... any suspension... (same as Mods) just Sealed Crate motor or 365 ci (steel Heads - No roller cams- ) with 2 barrel Carb.. and seems to be working good

Quote Originally Posted by rustymod View Post
    Indeed, also this area needs competition badly, and IF somehow UMP is the better product then they will win out. UMP has had it easy for years, but lasts years tire mess and this years tire deal and the upcoming tire deal for 2017 are enough to cause promoters to look at other options.

UMP could have done the right things and gone to one tire long ago, but there greed has got them to where they are now. Greed is what is also causing UMP to push B- Mods to the CRATE only deal for 2017.

From the sounds on the interview this is what will cause the death of UMP for Bmods. To many racers that have no desire to get rid of engines they already own.

I know that both local tracks in our area Dropped UMP B-mods due to the direction the b-mod rules with UMP Are going... to Stick with there own Rules... any suspension... (same as Mods) just Sealed Crate motor or 365 ci (steel Heads - No roller cams- ) with 2 barrel Carb.. and seems to be working good
    Indy you got it right those rules make sense, now imagine those rules with ONE tire that last longer and costs less. Wow that would be the deal, and this is why I think USRA willl catch on for B-mods.
    Plus USRA actually does tech unlike UMP.
    I got no issue with unsanctioned becasue at this point either on is better than the forced crate deal that UMP has mandated for bmods.

This makes more sense because then Modified guys have someone to sell there cars to when they upgrade or sell out... and there are more cars out there and tech wise everything is very close when it comes to set up ... then they can move up to Modified with a boost in Motor program... if they choose to ... a lot more of the parts to go around among the racers and this is a good learning class also with experience you could move up if you choose

Quote Originally Posted by rustymod View Post
    Indy you got it right those rules make sense, now imagine those rules with ONE tire that last longer and costs less. Wow that would be the deal, and this is why I think USRA willl catch on for B-mods.
    Plus USRA actually does tech unlike UMP.
    I got no issue with unsanctioned becasue at this point either on is better than the forced crate deal that UMP has mandated for bmods.

Hollywood!

With car counts down EVERYWHERE, its time for a major overhaul in dirt racing in our region. I looked at the USRA rules for all divisions and think they would fit well at any track looking to get new blood into the sport.