Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ice Bowl 2016

2nd heat went to tim rozell Ethan hunter, brian smith, and tim bush transfer cars.. sorry guys missed the last 2 heats

Ok, I'm home. Super heat 3 to 7 McIntosh over 77 Connor. Heat 4 to 19 Thomas over 58 Kirkpatrick. It's going to be cold tomorrow, so prepare accordingly! And nothing from you hearty Northerners about "cold in the South" either!

Only the crate heats & mini feature were not completed today & moved to tomorrow. Pretty good considering!

For Cook to keep his cool after that, is just another reason to respect the guy. Not sure I would've handled it that well. It'll be a long day tomorrow. Crate and Street Stock heats, Hot Shot B mains and A main, along with all the other B mains and A mains. I called the track and asked if we would have to pay again tomorrow if it rained out, I was told they were staying until it got done... Oh well... It was better than sitting at home and not doing anything. I'll probably go back tomorrow. If not, still have the PPV show from Arizona...

Super consis to Lackey & Rickman.

Dragging along so slooooowly!

Limited feature underway. Hangar flipped & is ok.

Great limited feature. 32 Manly won over 87 Fennell. 87 took the lead on the top. He stayed up there the whole race & gave the 32 the bottom to win. Good battles in the field too. Supers next.

Super feature ran green all the way. Good battles. 33 Brannon won over 7 McIntosh & 1 Hiett.

best ice bowl in quit a while, great racing all week end, here is a shout out to Dr. Dirt , johnny stokes, for a very well prepared track surface , track was racy from top to bottom, been a long time since the ice bowl had cars passing on the top and bottom by feature time. my hat is off to the whole crew, great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took forever to get cars back going after a spin or wreck like usual... I'm still shocked that there was no safety crew at the event for as many people/racers as there were. The response time to check on drivers after a crash or flip was way to long. Otherwise, good show. Track was the best I've seen at an Ice Bowl in quite a while. The staff did a great job to get the event ran after the loss of the tower. Super and Limited races were great. All green for supers and limiteds had a great race for the lead for the majority, if not, the entire race. Street Stocks was decent, but so many cautions. Left after that... Feet were too frozen to stay any longer. I'll definitely by a propane heater for the next Ice Bowl.

mine were froze to LM86 , the only complaint I could say was the old wreckers are about shoot, took longer than it should have to remove the wrecks, as far as some one getting to the wreck quick, I didn't see a problem, worst wreck I saw was henery hanger, man that car was tore up, but glad no one was hurt, also another good job from Late Model Mark........

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    best ice bowl in quit a while, great racing all week end, here is a shout out to Dr. Dirt , johnny stokes, for a very well prepared track surface , track was racy from top to bottom, been a long time since the ice bowl had cars passing on the top and bottom by feature time. my hat is off to the whole crew, great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well I don't know about Stokes doing the track. The man on the grader was Ted Lackey. Wow what a great guy. Tell him I got his $20 from Stokes LOL. Now I have a new person to oull for when I come to TST. Great weekend guys. Some of the best racing I've seen there in a long time. 3-4 wide at the Hornets Nest. Awesome

just found that out fireman, ive been knowing ted for over 30 years , talked to him several times over the week end. he never mentioned it so I didn't know. he designed and started building a track at Childersburg in the 80s but got the plug pulled. it was later finished by the parkers , and in my opinion could have been the premier track in the south east , but due to parkers personal issues got closed down. its still there and for sell but with down turn in economy , no one is willing to try it. But yes, I would put teds heavy equipment skills beside any one.......

Thanks for the kind words, it was a challenge this past weekend, long days yet with big rewards. I had a great time. The Late Model racing on Sunday was fun to announce. So thank full the fans turned out despite the cold, the concession challenges and so on.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer