Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What's the story on the Rice brothers?

This is the rumor mill season,I have heard that they are getting Longhorns etc.I also heard through the grape vine that both of them are getting the latest and greatest C.J.Rayburn late models,and will compete on the Lucas circuit.

Please fill me in with the real fact's!
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

Quote Originally Posted by lazermod3 View Post
    This is the rumor mill season,I have heard that they are getting Longhorns etc.I also heard through the grape vine that both of them are getting the latest and greatest C.J.Rayburn late models,and will compete on the Lucas circuit.

Please fill me in with the real fact's!
    Rayburn by Robbins. Potential is limitless with shocks that don't say Koni on them.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I dont see Josh racing with the Lucas series. That would be tough while still in school.

Whatever it is they end up in i wish them luck they where fun to watch last year i was also impressed at there interviews..... how well spoken they where an how composed they where when they ran well on the bigger stages.

Quote Originally Posted by aflack83 View Post
    I dont see Josh racing with the Lucas series. That would be tough while still in school.
    He will be dropping out of high school to commit to the full Lucas Oil schedule.
    Just anotha guy on 4m who think's they know what they're talking about...

Is there really that much difference between chassis for the rice brothers to switch after this year ? Seems like they had a good season ....

Who is Robbins?

Please don't tell me they'd actually let the one kid drop out of High School to run a tour!?! What's the rush? Isn't the average age of the Lucas regulars somewhere in their 40's? This isn't like your one shot at making the NFL or something. Is there that much to be made on tee shirt sales? Get him that education while you can, before he has to start paying a mortgage and a car payment or two, plus kids, etc. etc. Even a Bachelors degree doesn't carry much weight anymore, but drop out of school? I just don't get it.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but I know for a fact that Josh will graduate from High School. If anyone knows anything about the Rice family, it is that finishing school is a priority. Just read Josh's own words in the November interview in Dirt Late Model magazine where Josh is quoted as looking at local colleges! I do know that Josh is ahead of schedule in high school and, with permission from school officials, is doing extra work so that he may be granted permission to miss a few days of school sometime in very early February. The rumor is he wants to miss school Feb 3-5 and Feb 8-12. I wonder what's happening on those dates?

Quote Originally Posted by WatchThis View Post
    Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but I know for a fact that Josh will graduate from High School. If anyone knows anything about the Rice family, it is that finishing school is a priority. Just read Josh's own words in the November interview in Dirt Late Model magazine where Josh is quoted as looking at local colleges! I do know that Josh is ahead of schedule in high school and, with permission from school officials, is doing extra work so that he may be granted permission to miss a few days of school sometime in very early February. The rumor is he wants to miss school Feb 3-5 and Feb 8-12. I wonder what's happening on those dates?
    Those days must be test days, tell me this how does a kid in high school own a race car when I was in high school I could barely afford a tank of gas I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    Those days must be test days, tell me this how does a kid in high school own a race car when I was in high school I could barely afford a tank of gas I just don't get it.
    The Rice's don't own thoE race cars you dummy...

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    I had an old Swartz swingarm car that a guy couldn't give away. Long way from a Club 29 unit!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Well who own thoE race cars

Kuzman owns the cars

I'm sure its no different than kids who graduate a semester early. So they can enroll at whatever college they plan to attend, and be eligible for spring practice. That puts them much further ahead than the kids that start in august!
    Some say the end is near.
    Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
    Certainly hope we will.
    I sure could use a vacation from this...Bullsh!t...three ring circus sideshow of Freaks!
    MJK '96

Rumor is theyre switching to boat racing, guess we'll have to wait and see..
    2015 Tracks So Far (Big Races)-Florence- 5 (Ralph Latham)Ponderosa- 1Eldora- 3 (Dream)Fairbury- 1

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish N Rice 11 View Post
    Rumor is theyre switching to boat racing, guess we'll have to wait and see..
    What boat manufacture will they be racing?
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

Isn't boat racing dying faster than most other forms of racing? The Madison Regatta is 1/100th of what it used to be.

They wouldn't let me out of reform school to race... beside we had to be 21 to drive.
    Last edited by Krooser; 01-01-2016 at 11:07 PM.

I remember back when a friend raced big block hydro's ..... he wore a parachute on his back in case of a flip .... Who in their right mind would strap into drivers seat wearing a schute doing over 100 -150 .... The first time I went testing with him at the local pond I saw what crazy/respect meant ....