Default trailer questions

i am looking to buy a late model and I have an 18ft dovetail trailer. it is 82.5" between the fenders. is this enough to use a loading tire or should I build rampovers? I thought about moving the fenders out 2".

The loading tire will just solve the problem of getting the tires between the fenders. The nose will be your next issue as it will end up anywhere between 88 to 92 inches wide. You should go ahead and build rampovers not an overly hard or expensive thing to do.

with ric78 on this, build simple ramps 3/4 or 1"steel box tubing. you can get fancy and box em out for storage and add solid floor between ,make you tire rack as wide as you can also.

My old trailer was 84" between the fenders. The nose wasn't a major issue with a loading tire, mainly because of the amount of clearance on the RF flare it was above the fender when loading/unloading. The issue can be, though, the body itself where the doors flare out. Even with the car centered you only have a couple of inches clearance on each side. Too close and you rub a nice big hole in that expensive wrap you just put on while going down the road.

another vote for loading ramps. gives you more storage and you don't have to futz around with a loading tire.

can anyone give me some ideas on how I should do my ramps or send me some pics/measurements of your trailer so I can see how I wanna do mine?

Quote Originally Posted by Younggun32 View Post
    can anyone give me some ideas on how I should do my ramps or send me some pics/measurements of your trailer so I can see how I wanna do mine?
    this page has some pictures :

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/tow-r...d-trailor.html