Thumbs up For you wanne be promoters out there Montgomery Motorsports Park (Missouri) on ebay..

For all you wanna be promoters out there here is your chance to get one at a reasonably cheep price tag on Ebay
    Montgomery Motorsports Park
    New Florence, Missouri
    Price - $475,000.00
    3/8's mile high banked dirt track on 36+ acres of land with full lightning and fenced Grandstand area seating for approx. 3,500 race fans with a lighted and fenced in pit area for approx. 200 race cars.
    Track is located 70 miles west of St. Louis, Missouri
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/181978581337
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 01-03-2016 at 07:19 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

790 miles west of St. Louis???

ment 70 miles.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Close enough...

Hard for any promoter to make back his $$$ with a price tag like that. You had better have really deep pockets and hope to God you at least break even.

Having said that the new owner of Madison International @ Oregon, WI paid big $$$ for the track last year. But he is a young man who comes from a promoting family (his late parents owned the ARTGO racing series for many years before selling it to NASCAR) and he has turned the track around in 2015 with more promise to come. He is a true promoter and knows how to get asses in the seats.

There are new promoters in my backyard at Tomahawk, WI and Unity, WI. Both guys seem to have committed to work hard to turn things around at those tracks. But they have much smaller investments each having spent about $100K each for their new digs.

Most new promoters don't have a clue...
    Last edited by Krooser; 01-03-2016 at 07:41 PM.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Big price? Bull! If it could be picked up and moved 1000 miles, I'd buy it myself.........in a heartbeat. Nice looking facility!

The land value in the area is around 9k to 10k an acre. It sets at the interchange of interstate 70 and highway 19. Stl. May be 70 miles away but all the western suburbs of Stl. Make it fairly close to decent populations, and Columbia /Jeff. City is 50mi to the west. Crowds and car counts were not a problem. A halfway decent promotor can make it work.
    Last edited by westlingracing; 01-05-2016 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by westlingracing View Post
    The land value in the area is around 9k to 10k an acre. It sets at the interchange of interstate 70 and highway 19. Stl. May be 70 miles away but all the western suburbs of Stl. Make it fairly close to decent populations, and Columbia /Jeff. City is 50mi to the west. Crowds and car counts were not a problem. A halfway decent promotor can make it work.
    Jim Moon?

Didn't the owner have a "No Alcohol" policy? Or is this a local government rule?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    Jim Moon?

Didn't the owner have a "No Alcohol" policy? Or is this a local government rule?
    Jim Moon is a joke!!
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Have a call in too see what the No Alcohol is..... If you could not sell beer at the Big E 1/2 the people would not come.....
    looks like all they run there is Sprints and a and b Mods

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Big price? Bull! If it could be picked up and moved 1000 miles, I'd buy it myself.........in a heartbeat. Nice looking facility!
    Well if you have to finance the deal it is. Do you realize how much your debt service would be? Banks are cautious loaning $$$ to a seasonal business. Interest rates are much higher than a home mortgage.

If that joint only draws 500 fans each week you'd be hard pressed to make it work. Most promoters today rely on the back gate to stay alive but the fans in the stands help pay the bills. It's a much tougher business than most understand. Believe me... in the past 30 years I've done very well in the promoting biz and I've lost my ass, too. There's a reason more tracks are closing than being built these days...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Dmr37
    Jim did try and promote it a couple years ago. But the owner never signed his contract. And there were disagreements. Including the alcohol sales.. after 7 weeks the owner a non racer actually told ME he didnt like racers and didnt need any to own a track! That was the last night it ran. He has also refused to sell to anyone who has made an offer. Even for what he was asking. Not sure what to make of this ebay deal but if someone did a buy now i would think he would be obligated to sell.

That's about $200K more than a weekly track will support.
    Support WEEKLY racing......while you still can!

This is the anc. I got back from them : you would have to apply for a liquor license.. So Beer can be Had.....