FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 4th, 2016

Austin Kirkpatrick Joins Big Frog Motorsports; Set to Debut at the Ice Bowl

Ocala, Florida (01/04/16) – Talented, young driver, Austin Kirkpatrick has been tabbed to take over the driving duties of the Big Frog Motorsports #58 Dave’s Towing Late Model for the 2016 season and beyond.

The Ocala, Florida racer replaces Mark Whitener as the team’s pilot. Whitener has driven the Big Frog Motorsports entry for the past several seasons. Together Whitener and the team enjoyed considerable success. The split came amicably.

“We’ve really enjoyed having Mark (Whitener) drive our car, and he did a great job,” said Big Frog Motorsports owner, Augie Burttram. “We just got to a point, where it was a time for change for both of us. Mark is still a great friend, and I have zero doubt that he will continue to be a very successful racer. I wish him the very best of luck.”

For the 23-year-old, Kirkpatrick the chance to pilot the Big Frog Motorsports entry is a dream opportunity.

“I’ve been driving my family-owned stuff for pretty much my whole career, so to get the chance to drive for somebody else is just an amazing feeling,” said the recent University of Florida graduate. “I’m so thankful to Augie and the entire Big Frog Motorsports team for giving me this opportunity.”

In regards to Kirkpatrick joining the team, Burttram notes, “Austin is a really talented driver with a lot of great ideas, and I’m excited to see what the future may hold for our partnership.”

The team will utilize Rocket Chassis. Mike Rey will continue to serve as the team’s crew chief.

Kirkpatrick will make his debut with Big Frog Motorsports during this weekend’s running of the 25th Annual Ice Bowl at Talladega Short Track (Eastaboga, Alabama). The event begins with an open practice on Friday evening, while qualifications and preliminary action will be held on Saturday. Last chance qualifiers and the $6,000-to-win finale are slated for Sunday. Kirkpatrick opened eyes in the Dirt Late Model world, when he scored a Southern All Star (SAS) Late Model Series victory in his self-designed, race car at the famed, 1/3 mile during the NASCAR weekend in October 2015. For more information on the event, please visit www.TalladegaShortTrack.com .

Big Frog Motorsports would like to thank their principal and associate sponsors including Dave's Towing, B&B Produce, Big Frog Shocks, Big Frog Signs and Graphics, FK Rod Ends, Schaeffers Oil, Racecar Engineering, PFC Brakes, Rocket Chassis, Sunoco Race Fuels, Koury Racing Engines, Custom Racing Engines, Ohlins Shocks, Hoosier Race Tire by Brian, Daytona Sensors LLC, Schoenfeld Headers, COMP Cams, AR Bodies, Vahlco Wheels, Leaf Firesuits, Bubba Army, JE Pistons, Red Line Oil, NGK Spark Plugs, Fast Shafts, Callies Race Products, Superior Bearings, Ferrea Valves, Butlerbuilt Seats, C&R Racing, Leaf Racewear, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest team news and updates on Big Frog Motorsports please visit www.BigFrogMotorsports.com .