Default Nascar charter system

Nascar is close to having a charter system in place this would guarantee teams starting spots in all events, could nascar get any more pathetic why even qualify the cars any more just show up on sunday morning and draw for spots these races are such marathons it really dosen't matter where they start anyway.

What's the big deal? They do that now. No reason to get your panties in a wad over that...

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    What's the big deal? They do that now. No reason to get your panties in a wad over that...
    I didn't know they drew for starting positions

There was talk of franchising back when NASCAR was still remotely relevant and it was resisted by many at that time. As mud said, there is no real reason to be disappointed about it happening now. NASCAR has completely lost all credibility and relevance and the big money owners really want this. Does that tell you anything?

If I recall, top "30" in points always make the show... I don't necessarily like it but its been that way for ever so I go into "whatever" mode... Personally, the more I think about heat races with qualifiers, B-Mains and an A main would be far more exciting then a four hundred mile race..

If I recall, top "30" in points always make the show... I don't necessarily like it but its been that way for ever so I go into "whatever" mode... Personally, the more I think about heat races with qualifiers, B-Mains and an A main would be far more exciting then a four hundred mile race..
    The top 30 in points deal is merely one element of the gimmick package that has turned off so many fans over the past decade or so. That being said I would agree that it's significance to the remaining NASCAR fans is obviously inconsequential.

From a spectator point of view I would agree with you 1000% on the heat races, etc., mud. However, I'll play devil's advocate here and say the qualifying and starting the field straight up (except the Daytona 500) is what is supposed to separate what is supposed to be the "big time" from the local Saturday night format. Right or wrong that distinction means something to many folks. Not us, but to some it does, for whatever reason.

The other factor to be considered regarding the heat race format is would there be qualifying for that type of process or would a passing points system be better. I personally would go with a passing points system. Qualifying for a heat race format somewhat defeats the purpose even if an inversion factor was put in place.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    The top 30 in points deal is merely one element of the gimmick package that has turned off so many fans over the past decade or so. That being said I would agree that it's significance to the remaining NASCAR fans is obviously inconsequential.

From a spectator point of view I would agree with you 1000% on the heat races, etc., mud. However, I'll play devil's advocate here and say the qualifying and starting the field straight up (except the Daytona 500) is what is supposed to separate what is supposed to be the "big time" from the local Saturday night format. Right or wrong that distinction means something to many folks. Not us, but to some it does, for whatever reason.

The other factor to be considered regarding the heat race format is would there be qualifying for that type of process or would a passing points system be better. I personally would go with a passing points system. Qualifying for a heat race format somewhat defeats the purpose even if an inversion factor was put in place.

Passing points would work, that's how they do it at Tucson for the DLM's. Heading there in a couple of days for a weeks worth of fun and excitement... And I was calling for qualifier heats, not qualifying for heats... I was thinking of just a pill draw for heat line up...

New NASCAR rules if Hillary becomes President: (by executive order)

1. All race cars will have to have turn signals/brake lights installed. Horns are optional.
    2. All teams will be required to have racially diverse crewmembers,ie; LBGT, Muslim(fireproof burkas required).
    3. To reduce noise pollution, all cars will have to run mufflers, with a 35db rating at 100ft.
    4. All competing drivers are allowed family leave time (up to 10 races), and will still be eligible for the Chase.
    5. ANY retaliation by any driver towards another will be deemed a hate crime by the Attorney General.
    6. All cars not on the lead lap will automatically be put back on if it is deemed they are really trying hard.
    7. Major corporate sponsors will not be allowed to spend more than the lowest funded teams.

Passing points would work, that's how they do it at Tucson for the DLM's. Heading there in a couple of days for a weeks worth of fun and excitement... And I was calling for qualifier heats, not qualifying for heats... I was thinking of just a pill draw for heat line up...
    Passing points system would be the best IMHO.

Passing points formula works pretty dam good for the biggest and best dirt race of the year, The Chili Bowl, so I reckon it'd be good enough for NASCAR.

We're heading for Tulsa a week from today for the 5 night, 330+ car extravaganza that draws about 11,000 people per night, on average. There will be several NASCAR Cup drivers racing at The CB, maybe they can relate the success of it to the powers that be running NASCAR. Chip Ganassi has been at the past 2 or 3 Chili Bowl's and he's probably an influential NASCAR car owner.

Knew this has been coming for a while but would have been nice to have had it when some of the under funded teams like Marcis Donleavy and some of the others were in it so when they got out they would have had something to sell

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    Knew this has been coming for a while but would have been nice to have had it when some of the under funded teams like Marcis Donleavy and some of the others were in it so when they got out they would have had something to sell
    drano, your point is exactly what the advocates of franchising have been arguing for decades. The argument is very well taken. I remember Kyle Petty saying many years ago that the Petty Enterprises brand had dropped in value to the point that the Petty family had very little to show for 4 or 5 decades of dedication to NASCAR. He went on to add that an organization like the Petty's had been instrumental in NASCAR becoming the billion dollar entity that it is and he believed it really wasn't fair that the family's investment in time, labor, money, sponsorship and human life could be devalued almost to the point of being a liability rather than a family asset.

There definitely is 2 distinct sides to this issue and both are equally valid.

Passing points sucks... you race to win not just pass. You can't eat points. Weekly tracks should go back to total inverts and pay four spots in the heats, etc. Maybe some racing for real $$$ would bring back the fans...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Passing points sucks... you race to win not just pass. You can't eat points. Weekly tracks should go back to total inverts and pay four spots in the heats, etc. Maybe some racing for real $$$ would bring back the fans...
    You know if you try and propose inverts today your track will not be open long. To many racers don't like inverts today. I think some of it is because of how the cost has gotten out of control. What I mean if they get in a wreck trying to get to the front it just cost to much to make the repairs to get back out on the track.

I'm with ya' Krooser. But it won't work in the economic climate of racing today. Not in NASCAR and not at our local tracks. The reasons are identical to the reasons 1/2 mile tracks are becoming extinct in regards to weekly racing. It all comes down to money.

Just a side note, the last track I can remember that used total inverts was Fairbury American Legion Speedway. I was very young bu can remember the fast qualifier starting in the back of his heat race and the feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    You know if you try and propose inverts today your track will not be open long. To many racers don't like inverts today. I think some of it is because of how the cost has gotten out of control. What I mean if they get in a wreck trying to get to the front it just cost to much to make the repairs to get back out on the track.
    Those full inverts sure made for some exciting racing , kid. I know I'd attend a lot more weekly events if they did a full invert.

In Tucson, with group qualifying, if you get a bum lap (and it happens) the passing points can be your friend, however, I have seen the guy who one the heat end up in the B-Main... they have since rectified that issue... passing points make for some hell good heat races, no body is stroken then...

And I'll be in Tucson tomorrow!!!

They qualify and use a passing points system, too?

I absolutely DESPISE group qualifying. Single car qualifying wingless 410 sprint cars at a place like Terre Haute, Indiana is a show in and of itself and group qualifying detracts from that show. It's been tried and failed miserably.

Of course where we'll be next week, Chili Bowl, they can't qualify, group or otherwise. 340+cars=85 per preliminary night. With that huge of a car count even preliminary night qualifying just isn't feasible. Besides, straight passing points has always worked very well for the CB.

Have fun mud, take plenty of warm clothes!

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    New NASCAR rules if Hillary becomes President: (by executive order) 1. All race cars will have to have turn signals/brake lights installed. Horns are optional. 2. All teams will be required to have racially diverse crewmembers,ie; LBGT, Muslim(fireproof burkas required). 3. To reduce noise pollution, all cars will have to run mufflers, with a 35db rating at 100ft. 4. All competing drivers are allowed family leave time (up to 10 races), and will still be eligible for the Chase. 5. ANY retaliation by any driver towards another will be deemed a hate crime by the Attorney General. 6. All cars not on the lead lap will automatically be put back on if it is deemed they are really trying hard. 7. Major corporate sponsors will not be allowed to spend more than the lowest funded teams.
    This may seem funny but look how so many tracks have shut down since the libs took over. Given the fact that most of the loony Lib people are hard core environment police, it may only be a matter of time before they think that racing is an unnecessary fuel waster and dust maker and they shut it down altogether. Look at all of the poor coal workers that have been laid off because of their crazy policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    This may seem funny but look how so many tracks have shut down since the libs took over. Given the fact that most of the loony Lib people are hard core environment police, it may only be a matter of time before they think that racing is an unnecessary fuel waster and dust maker and they shut it down altogether. Look at all of the poor coal workers that have been laid off because of their crazy policies.
    Yes, the out of control EPA has many employees that have an ear out about anything that they can shutdown such as dusty, noisy racetracks, that pollute the air for no good reason. You can bet they don't care about your sport.