Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I think you have the Rowland Owens thing backwards if your thinking Rowland dismissed Owens........they both claim amicable.

And then there is the rest of the story.

I'll pass on the Google recommendation.......if I don't know ill just ask when I see them.
    Well there had to be a reason Owens left this far into the off season. Right?

Ever since Stormy Scott got shown the door last year. The notion on here is that Rowland is out of money. I guess if you wanna disagree because that's your thing... Then that's fine. Just remember I'm not only one saying Rowland is out of money.

I have had the thought about getting back into a Motor home, and following the tours more.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    I'm really wondering why the price of motor oil is still so high. Just doesn't make sense.
    Gas prices are being driven artificially low to hurt Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    I it is a slow down in China, and an oversupply of oil. I don't think its artificial because it hurts too many Rich people to be that short sighted.

AS a nation, as bad as it sounds, we need the price of oil to go back up. Not to $4/gallon, but the current prices of oil and gas is hurting a lot of US manufacturing companies, the stock market, and in turn our 401K retirement. There are baby boomers who now have to delay retiring because of the above.

Understanding the Gas and Oil situation is really difficult thing to do. It requires a lot of research to really understand why this situation has some good and a lot of bad. I can say this. Reasonably Low gas prices are good. What is happening now is not so good. The economy is a mess and when any commodity is unreasonably low, it hurts more than it helps. There is far from just one or two things at play here.

Oil and gas should not cost no more than $30 barrel and 1.75 gal. sorry small oil companies have to complete with ExxonMobil, Texaco, BP ect. They never make it. Exxonmobil made profit a year of 30-40 billion and revenue 350-400+ billion.

I realize that, but as i said it is not that simple. I am not siding with any Oil company big or small. I am saying there is lot more to it than a couple of sentences of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I realize that, but as i said it is not that simple. I am not siding with any Oil company big or small. I am saying there is lot more to it than a couple of sentences of opinion.
    Man I hope this gas keeps going down it's $1.69 here in poplar bluff

Gas prices going down in America can be a very bad thing for our economy. What people don't understand is that the oil companies were investing a lot of money that were loans to build new oil rig and pipelines. The government was the one handing over the money. When the price drops the companies are still paying the loan off, but not making the same amount when they took the loan. The gas companies were making a killing so they take out more money than they need like most people then can't pay it off. If the gas prices drop to 1.00 the government will have every oil company defaulting on there loans and the economy will crash.

Someone posted above about FedEx charging still for shipping. This is because they probably signed a contract to pay a flat rate on gas at 2.20 from Exxon. When the gas prices go above that then FedEx wins. What is happening to a lot of shipping companies is they are stuck in those contract when the prices drop and cant get out of it. This is what is happening to FedEx.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    And our own drilling.

I say take the opportunity while you can. It won't stay like that forever. And besides that the oil company's have screwed us over for years.

It doesnt always affect the local companies either. http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...-downturn.html

Low fuel prices are the best thing possible for the economy. Everyone that drives has more disposable income and can spend it on other things that feed the economy and jobs instead of funneling everything to the oil companies and their investors. Only a small percentage of people benefit from high oil prices. Which is exactly what has been wrong with this country lately. A few getting rich at the cost of many.

Just means that racing gas manufacturers will make an even bigger profit because there price only goes one way.....up!

Quote Originally Posted by ukdirt View Post
    Gas prices going down in America can be a very bad thing for our economy. What people don't understand is that the oil companies were investing a lot of money that were loans to build new oil rig and pipelines. The government was the one handing over the money. When the price drops the companies are still paying the loan off, but not making the same amount when they took the loan. The gas companies were making a killing so they take out more money than they need like most people then can't pay it off. If the gas prices drop to 1.00 the government will have every oil company defaulting on there loans and the economy will crash.

Someone posted above about FedEx charging still for shipping. This is because they probably signed a contract to pay a flat rate on gas at 2.20 from Exxon. When the gas prices go above that then FedEx wins. What is happening to a lot of shipping companies is they are stuck in those contract when the prices drop and cant get out of it. This is what is happening to FedEx.
    good post. There is a lot more to this than many think. As i said, lower reasonable gas prices are great but bottom falling out is not. Several reasons you mentioned. Some one always has to pay the freight. Just like raising taxes on Corps. Consumers pay, not the Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluminium Block View Post
    Low fuel prices are the best thing possible for the economy.....
    Right from ABC News last night:

It's been a turbulent ride for stock market investors this year and it got worse Wednesday.
    A broad downturn in U.S. stocks on another volatile day for crude oil prices knocked the Standard & Poor's 500 index down 10 percent from its November peak. That's known as a correction on Wall Street, and it's the second time in less than five months for the S&P 500 index, considered the bellwether for the stock market.
    The rocky start reflects mounting worries on Wall Street about a slowdown in the global economy, plunging oil prices and the implications for U.S. companies.

Watch state and federal lawmakers use this to increase fuel taxes, they think we won't fight it as hard with many of us feeling all fat and happy with gas and diesel being cut in half. Bet your bottom dollar they won't give it back when prices go back up, which they will at some time.

Everyone seems to want to blame the Oil Companies. Sure they most certainly took advantage of high oil prices and some even participated in driving prices up, but the big culprit in this was investment banking. Did you realize that some of these firms where holding over 10% of all the oil in the world and could manipulate three different commodities markets, by trading back and forth. They caused the rise in price, now, just like the home loan fiasco, they will want bailed out. Maybe a crash isn't such a bad thing. Isn't it time the market players paid their own losses at the markets, instead of the US taxpayer.

This happened in 2006 2007 2008. Congress knows they broke commodity laws and nothing has ever been done. They where over the guidelines of market cornering and they where too big to fail or go to prison.

This is believed to have started the crash in the housing market by some. It was a sharp down turn in household finances that started the house foreclosures.

The question, can the US afford high gas prices or can the speculators afford Low gas prices? Is the same. Yes they can, but not overnight. The sharp rises and falls are what hurts. Manipulating markets are what causes the sharp rises and fals. Market gas price can change over night, but your income doesen't