Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Heard Gas prices could get down to a 1.00. what does this mean for our sport?

I heard on Drudge report that they are saying gas will get down to a buck a gallon. Right now in my home town it is 1.75.

Now I know these clowns have been screwing everyone over for awhile now. I wonder if more teams will make a comeback to racing because of it. I certainly hope so!

Actually it could mean that some teams will be sitting at home. There's more than a few teams that are fueled by the gas/oil industry.

One team has dismissed it's driver.... May or may not be related.

One team is gonna cut there schedule significantly after running a national tour last year.

I'm curious since regular gas is down what about racing fuel is it down or are they still ripping people off with high racing fuel prices.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Actually it could mean that some teams will be sitting at home. There's more than a few teams that are fueled by the gas/oil industry.

One team has dismissed it's driver.... May or may not be related.

One team is gonna cut there schedule significantly after running a national tour last year.
    Care to elaborate......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

As a fan I will be able to travel further to see a few more races this summer if that happens, because my fuel expense will be down. So looking forward to seeing a few new tracks this summer.

might see a few more fans in the stands, really dont see anymore cars coming out because of it. high costs all over is whats killing the sport

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Care to elaborate......
    I'm referring to Rowland/Owens and Chris Brown.

Google some of these sponsors you see on racecars and see what type of businesses they are.

Quote Originally Posted by racecar1127 View Post
    As a fan I will be able to travel further to see a few more races this summer if that happens, because my fuel expense will be down. So looking forward to seeing a few new tracks this summer.
    I agree with you there. There are some tracks a few states away from me that I have always wanted to check out. Although I don't really recall ever sitting here thinking, "Man, I'm all ready to go, but I just can't swing the fuel bill...." in the past, it certainly doesn't hurt to be able to think that the expense would be quite a bit less this year. Maybe I will have an easier time convincing myself to get out and go to some of these places this season.

It may not be a good idea to bank on $1.00 gasoline throughout the entire 2016 racing season. It doesn't take a crystal ball to know the first chance that the petroleum power brokers get to jack prices they certainly will.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    It may not be a good idea to bank on $1.00 gasoline throughout the entire 2016 racing season. It doesn't take a crystal ball to know the first chance that the petroleum power brokers get to jack prices they certainly will.
    A round March something will happen and it will go up I say too about 2.50 bucks.. I could live with that more then 3 bucks or more ..
    Got Gas too day and said fill up put 40 on it and then it stoped at 18.95 I went O $hit....
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 01-11-2016 at 05:05 PM.

I will believe it when I see it on price of gas

I'm really wondering why the price of motor oil is still so high. Just doesn't make sense.

Yea motor oil and food are still sky high, I think at some point something is gotta give. Our leaders of America has screwed this place up.

I for one will be going to a few more races for sure and might find something farther. Heck maybe I will rent a car too.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    I'm really wondering why the price of motor oil is still so high. Just doesn't make sense.
    Must have something to do w the over population of crickets!!

Also sucks that UPS and FedEx are still charging a fuel surcharge on all packages.Seems they might be gouging us.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Advertising $$$$$ would be my guess.

I don't pay much attention to diesel but is it dropping also? A lot of the big pickups and most all toters run on diesel.
    Fuel prices will help the fans but maybe not the race teams.
    8/13/16

Diesel is about the same, if you think about it it does cut fuel in half of what it used to be so it is great for the local guy who wants to go race with the big boys.

Would venture it means an increase for sales of racing parts, tires, tools, etc. Human nature, when they see an expense decrease in one area the race teams may well reallocate to purchases that have been put off in the past or to buy upgrades to make the car more competitive.

Lower gas prices have more effect on the local racers and low budget teams I believe than the high budget, national teams unless they are sponsored by some oil/gas company. For my team, since it looks like our local track will be closed for the year (15 mins away from my shop) we will most likely follow a regional crate racing series and run a few more tracks I've not been to yet.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    I'm referring to Rowland/Owens and Chris Brown.

Google some of these sponsors you see on racecars and see what type of businesses they are.
    I think you have the Rowland Owens thing backwards if your thinking Rowland dismissed Owens........they both claim amicable.

And then there is the rest of the story.

I'll pass on the Google recommendation.......if I don't know ill just ask when I see them.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????