Thread: East Bay

Default East Bay

Ok I'm making my first trip to East Bay. Do I need to buy reserved seats are can I just pay as I go. How crowded does this place get? I'm flying solo so I'm thinking I should be ok with just showing up. Any suggestions would be great and is there a better place to sit than others?
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

Quote Originally Posted by rc24 View Post
    Ok I'm making my first trip to East Bay. Do I need to buy reserved seats are can I just pay as I go. How crowded does this place get? I'm flying solo so I'm thinking I should be ok with just showing up. Any suggestions would be great and is there a better place to sit than others?
    I have never had reserved seats. Usually sit near flag stand about 70% way up.

It isn't real crowded until the Friday and Saturday shows.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

What he said. Find a good spot and save it for the week.

Went wed-sat last year, bought GA's every night. Stands are only about 50% full week nights and maybe 80% on the weekend. As long as you're ok sitting on lower 50% of stands I see no reason in getting a reserved seat.

Thumbs up

We all hope for good weather,I look for fuller stands

Quote Originally Posted by GA-DIRT View Post
    We all hope for good weather,I look for fuller stands
    I'd like to see fuller pits too.

It's very steeply priced for the amount of quality cars they get now, but they have the market cornered at the time. IMO 6 days is too many in a row

[QUOTE=WisWildManFan;1977059]It's very steeply priced for the amount of quality cars they get now, but they have the market cornered at the time.
    Understatement of the year especially when you consider the low early week purses and lack of any support class. Screven and Golden Isles have 4 cyl. and mods. Volusia has mods and BB mods. East Bay usually has a grader operator that is quite impressive some nights.

Yea tickets are a little steep. I would like to see them do something like the Wild West Shootout to spruce things up a bit and stir up some enthusiasm.

Don't forget to mention the choo choo trains

The first couple of sections coming off turn 4 usually have plenty of room until late in the week ...go in early and throw you a cushion or blanket down and go back out to the parking lot or whatever ..that's what we normally do ..Enjoy!!

NO need to get reserved seats, we always it in first section of grandstand out of turn four. You can see the entire track no matter where you sit, low or high.

I will admit i would pass if there is a day race, but any thing else is pretty darn good.

I have no problem paying the price of admission so I do NOT have to sit through the PAINFUL support classes. I want to see Late Models, not junk on the track. And you are generally done with the show by 9:30 or so every night.

What's not to like.
    Bo

--------------------------
    It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not...

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwrench View Post
    NO need to get reserved seats, we always it in first section of grandstand out of turn four. You can see the entire track no matter where you sit, low or high.

I will admit i would pass if there is a day race, but any thing else is pretty darn good.

I have no problem paying the price of admission so I do NOT have to sit through the PAINFUL support classes. I want to see Late Models, not junk on the track. And you are generally done with the show by 9:30 or so every night.

What's not to like.
    Good point that had more validity 15 yrs ago when the car counts were averaging around 80. Now with that count lucky to be half that I just feel something needs to happen. Maybe revamp the Strawberry Dash to be a larger, more inclusive non qualifier race.

Each to his own, if you do not like the format go to Volusia.
    Bo

--------------------------
    It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not...

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwrench View Post
    Each to his own, if you do not like the format go to Volusia.
    I plan on Volusia, along with Golden Isles, Bubba, and East Bay. But thanks for the suggestion.