Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rico Abreu

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    I was at dodge that night as well. Was unreal, I sure hope that he still gets to run a lot of dirt this year. Would love to see him on Father's Day at MIS in arca car too
    WWMF, it's fun to watch Larson, Rico and Christopher Bell, among others, do what they do on dirt but the downside of their success is their dirt racing activity is limited once they get to the big time thus depriving us of their talent on dirt. Can't blame them but it's kind of sad for us dirt fans!!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    And the best part about it. This Kid can flat out get it.
    True story...His car control is amazing, mostly because his arms aren't long enough to over correct...
    Opinions may vary...

Things are always looking up for Rico!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    WWMF, it's fun to watch Larson, Rico and Christopher Bell, among others, do what they do on dirt but the downside of their success is their dirt racing activity is limited once they get to the big time thus depriving us of their talent on dirt. Can't blame them but it's kind of sad for us dirt fans!!
    If he's planning on having abreu vineyards on his truck maybe this will allow him to play in the dirt more frequently then guys we have seen in the past?
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

I was at Dodge that night as well. It was quite a thing to see. Every time he passed a car the crowd would cheer. The closer he got to the front, the cheers became more numerous and louder. When he took the lead, the whole place went crazy. Like the others have said, I hope he can still make some dirt appearances this year.

It is true about he is a hell of a driver, just too bad so many people jump on the bandwagon because of his being different then because of his ability.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Yea no talent at all.....it must feel awesome to be a keyboard zero.
    Fixed it for ya z young...........pretty pitiful, dude probably kicks his dog too.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by ddracing View Post
    It is true about he is a hell of a driver, just too bad so many people jump on the bandwagon because of his being different then because of his ability.
    I agree to a point. I guess that is a bit of a reason why I jumped on his bandwagon as well. Outside of talking a few times through out the night and respecting how nice of a guy he is, and an obvious talent... the fact he is able to accomplish all he has despite his small stature, makes me respect him all the more. A sprint car is not easy to handle, I've tried it... and If you ever see how he walks, you have to wonder how easy it can be to work those pedals. So in a way, him being different is a big reason I support him, more out of respect.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    And the best part about it. This Kid can flat out get it when it comes to dirt now let's see if he can do it on pavement.

The really sad part is you calling him a gimmick.
    Deal with it.

Nascar is the gimmick.........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Heinen81 very well said. That's my point. A lot of people don't understand what it takes to be good at driving like he is. I respect him for that just sad why other people think they like him.

I've watched Rico at a couple of sprint car shows and I can tell you he can handle a sprint car. He also ran pretty dang good at the World Finals in November.

Quote Originally Posted by ddracing View Post
    Only a few on here see him for being different but, the rest of us see him for the talent he has.

Quote Originally Posted by heinen81 View Post
    I agree to a point. I guess that is a bit of a reason why I jumped on his bandwagon as well. Outside of talking a few times through out the night and respecting how nice of a guy he is, and an obvious talent... the fact he is able to accomplish all he has despite his small stature, makes me respect him all the more. A sprint car is not easy to handle, I've tried it... and If you ever see how he walks, you have to wonder how easy it can be to work those pedals. So in a way, him being different is a big reason I support him, more out of respect.

I agree you have to respect what he can do in a race car. Have you ever looked inside the coc pit of his sprint car. It makes you wonder how in the heck can he man handle that car like that.