Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tony Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Careful CW. This guy seems to be really pissed off about the lawsuit with the vitriol and all caps and such. I can't imagine how pissed he would be if the wrongful death suit don't go Stewart's way. He might would spontaneously explode! LOL!!
    OMG you're right CIRF! I'm backing up a couple of feet now just in case the text size gets even bigger!!!

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/sto...tured-vertebra

A ron, that would be a story, wouldn't it! LOL!

Sounds as if Stewart will end his career without a Daytona 500 win on his final stat sheet.

But there his hope for him to win the Cup Championship since another waiver of sorts may well be in his future that would allow for a championship run in his final season. We know he has until at least July to heal up and still be eligible to win the 2016 Cup title.

How $hitty would it be if NASCAR didn't bend the rules for Stewart, again? Does anyone else get the feeling that the disregard of the rule that states to win the championship a driver must attempt to qualify for every points race on the schedule is going to become a regular occurrence?

I don't agree with the qualifying attempt for every race waiver but I dam sure wouldn't fault Stewart for being plenty pissed if they don't allow it for him in this instance!! What's a few races missed when we have a past (asterisk) "*champion" who missed 11? LOL!
    Heck if he missed a few races he could come back and win the NASCAR Championship and be a real Lucky Dog!!
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 02-04-2016 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cirf View Post
    http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/sto...tured-vertebra

a ron, that would be a story, wouldn't it! Lol!

Sounds as if stewart will end his career without a daytona 500 win on his final stat sheet.

But there his hope for him to win the cup championship since another waiver of sorts may well be in his future that would allow for a championship run in his final season. We know he has until at least july to heal up and still be eligible to win the 2016 cup title.

How $hitty would it be if nascar didn't bend the rules for stewart, again? Does anyone else get the feeling that the disregard of the rule that states to win the championship a driver must attempt to qualify for every points race on the schedule is going to become a regular occurrence?

I don't agree with the qualifying attempt for every race waiver but i dam sure wouldn't fault stewart for being plenty pissed if they don't allow it for him in this instance!! What's a few races missed when we have a past (asterisk) "*champion" who missed 11? Lol!
    stewart is no where near the driver that kb is ..............he could never miss 11 races and still qualify like kb did !!!!! Jmo !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtMAN007 View Post
    stewart is no where near the driver that kb is ..............he could never miss 11 races and still qualify like kb did !!!!! Jmo !!!!!
    That's true!!!

#1. How good of a driver Stewart is compared to pee wee jr. is not the subject matter at this point.

#2. The only reason pee wee jr. "qualified" as you put it is because NASCAR granted a waiver of one of their rules allowing pee wee jr. to "qualify".

NASCAR has granted the waiver of the rule several times now and if they don't waive it for Stewart this season then he has every reason to be highly pissed off.

NASCAR's arbitrary waiver of the rule is bull$hit, pure and simple, but if they're gonna' do it for one then it should apply to everyone regardless of circumstances.

With Tony not racing that team will be broke. With Danica still with the team, that's a sure bet!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by racer67x View Post
    KB could win every race this year..but he'll still be a punk who rode his brothers coat tails.

Stewart is more of a race driver than any Busch will ever be.
    You are talking about an elite talent there racer.

kb could win every race this year..but he'll still be a punk who rode his brothers coat tails.

Stewart is more of a race driver than any busch will ever be.
    please .......................... You bump your head ?

Stewart is more of a race driver than any Busch will ever be.

Maybe a few years ago, but as of the last three or so years, life has taken its toll on ole Stewpot... KB is arguably one of the best on the speedway...bar none....

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Maybe a few years ago, but as of the last three or so years, life has taken its toll on ole Stewpot... KB is arguably one of the best on the speedway...bar none....
    Jeff Gordon has stated the Kyle Bush is maybe the best of them all, at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Jeff Gordon has stated the Kyle Bush is maybe the best of them all, at this time.
    Yup, I heard him say that.... but you can bet the NASCAR experts here on this board will argue that point with much fervor ..... LOL And there is no doubt that Tony will have a shot at the title, providing he can get back in time and jump through the hoops that Kyle B did.... and make the top thirty, all Kyle had to do was win a few races and ole Stewpots been doing that for ...... well not lately LOL.... any who Tony will be eligible I'm sure, and it will be up to Tony to get himself up to the job... if he can figure out how to drive like Kyle, it shouldn't be a problem at all...

No doubt NASCAR will once again make a mockery of their own rules. And since it's been done repeatedly in the past it also should be done for Stewart.

As far as pee wee jr. is concerned, at this point in time he can't carry Jimmie Johnson's helmet bag. He has yet to legitimately win a championship of any kind in NASCAR. The numbers don't lie and it's 6 to nothin' in championships and 75 to 34 wins in favor of JJ. The truck and Infinity wins are minor league and not worthy of note so don't even refer to that nonsense. I'm not a huge JJ fan but the numbers are what they are. I'm sure the NASCAR experts on this board will attempt to debunk those irrefutable facts but read em' and weep, the numbers are what they are and they ain't on pee wee's side! LOL!

CIRF , The facts prove you correct !

LOL see, I knew the NASCAR experts would chime in...oh wait, did I say experts? I meant h8rs.... Kyles just starting and JJ's about washed up...

Last edited by old fan; 02-08-2016 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    LOL see, I knew the NASCAR experts would chime in...oh wait, did I say experts? I meant h8rs.... Kyles just starting and JJ's about washed up...
    JJ is washed up? 5 wins in 2015 and another top ten finish in points. Yeppers, that's some washed up numbers right there. JJ has run Cup full time for 14 seasons, won championships in almost 1/2 of those 14 seasons and not ONCE has he had to have the rules waived for him to win a championship. In fact Johnson has never missed a race for any reason in all of his 14 seasons.

JJ is less than 10 years older than pee wee jr.

Your boy pee wee herman jr. has yet to win a legitimate championship and has half as many wins in just 107 less starts and just 3 fewer full seasons (if you want to call 2015 a full season). Just gettin' started?! I don't think so.

And here's what really pisses you pee wee peter puffers off! Jimmie Johnson has done it with class and dignity and is universally lauded as being a very good human being. Pee wee jr. on the other hand has no class and even less dignity and is universally lauded as a mannerless, immature a$$hole.

Get back to me when pee wee wins 5 in a row and 6 total and tally's up 75 total victories. LOL!! He!!, get back to me when he wins one legitimately without a rule waiver.
    Last edited by CIRF; 02-09-2016 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    The point made by the guy in the video doesn't hold any water since no rules were waived to accommodate any one of the past champions mentioned that didn't race in all the races. Those past champions won their championships because they scored the most points, not because NASCAR changed the rules.

Besides that, pee wee jr. missed 31% of the season. That is nearly 1/3 of the season. No other past champion came close to missing that much of the season and was still able to be called "champion".

Gotta' do better than that. LMAO!!

The problem I have is saying one driver is better then the other especially when it comes to wins and Championships in the NASCAR world. Many things come in to play. The team, the personal on the team, money, equipment, driver crew chief combination. I think Kyle is every bit as good as JJ, Yes he doesn't have as many wins or championships but, let's not forget JJ wouldn't have as many championships as he does if NASCAR still had the old points system.

Kid, the key words in your post are "I think Kyle is every bit as good as JJ". The reason all sports keep track of individual and team performances is to maintain an ongoing yardstick of statistical data by which all participants and teams are judged. Stats do not lie and that separates the "I think" factor to hard and fast numbers.

We can all "think" whatever we want, but the numbers are the only definitive gauge that can be used for comparison. And since pee wee jr. and Jimmie have performed in the same era then the statistical comparison is even more valid. Pee wee started out with the most successful team in the sport over the past 30 years so lack of equipment and technical support was never an issue.

Kid, the key words in your post are "I think Kyle is every bit as good as JJ". The reason all sports keep track of individual and team performances is to maintain an ongoing yardstick of statistical data by which all participants and teams are judged. Stats do not lie and that separates the "I think" factor to hard and fast numbers.

We can all "think" whatever we want, but the numbers are the only definitive gauge that can be used for comparison. And since pee wee jr. and Jimmie have performed in the same era then the statistical comparison is even more valid. Pee wee started out with the most successful team in the sport over the past 30 years so lack of equipment and technical support was never an issue.
    According to some of the most prestigious drivers in NASCAR, Kyle Busch is second to none... put that in your ole pipe and smoke it..... Ask Jr Johnson who he'd want to pilot a car for him... Jeff Gordon, need a few more? You see, all you have is your hatred for Kyle, and you throw a couple of numbers here and there to make it "LOOK" like you know what your talking about, however, it boils down to you just don't like the guy... all you guys that think Tony is so good, won't even come close to what Kyle did last year...