Thumbs up Crossville Raceway (Crossville, Tennessee) Coming back to life in 2016. Full Article.

CROSSVILLE, TN (January 16, 2016) - Crossville Raceway will come back to life this upcoming season under a new ownership group.

Sparta, Tenn. native Perry Delaney along with Lewis Jackson of Buffalo Valley, Tenn. have made the recent purchase of the 1/3 mile oval located in the heart of the Cumberland Plateau.

Both Delaney and Jackson have been around the sport of dirt track racing for several years, each have turned laps in the middle-Tennessee area.

Delaney is looking forward to the transformation he'll have to make from the racer side to now an ownership roll. "I've raced for thirty years and it's sure going to be a transition for me. I'm not going to quit racing, I may race on some Saturday's or Special event if I have time.," chuckled Delaney who also operates his own business and is primarily a "weekend worrior" type racer.

Delaney also went on to say that one of the toughest obstacles for him will be rules. "We want to get the rules in line with other tracks and have it where the average guy can be competitive especially to someone who just races on the weekend and that works all week." Crossville Raceway plans to operate on Friday Nights this season.

The duo, who will be assisted by Late Model drivers Michael Luna and Scott Shelton, will help in the day-to-day operations of the track. Many improvements are planned and the track group expects to get to work soon. "We want to make it safer for the racers. It's a good facility and there's a few things we want to do to keep it that way," Delaney said who's group plans to close the hole (left by the previous promoter) in the wall back up in turn one and get the back-stretch gate back up in operation.

Rules and a newly deigned website for the upcoming season are currently being put together as well as a schedule of events. For more information, Perry Delaney can be reached by calling (931)-316-4073, Michael Luna at (931)-510-1482, or Scott Shelton at (931)-544-4055.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 01-16-2016 at 12:11 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Couldn't be happier to hear about this. Hoping they can build it back up to the point of being able to host at least some regional tours in the next few years. Sure would be nice to not have to drive 2+ hours for a decent supers show. Not that I mind doing that.

Also be nice to not have 15 different classes. Hard to hold your interest when heats of 2-3 cars are out there in a heat.

From what I was told from a pretty good source, there is a possibility of bringing in a really good super show next year. I'll leave it at that...

Quote Originally Posted by ddracing View Post
    Also be nice to not have 15 different classes. Hard to hold your interest when heats of 2-3 cars are out there in a heat.
    Amen. I haven't been since the 2013 season finale when they had a "big" $1,000 to win late model show. I left at midnight when they still had four or five features left to run. The stands were packed that night just for that kind of show. That place is starved for a decent supers race.