Thread: opinion?

Default opinion?

Should racers be using gofundme accounts to subsidize their racing programs? I think gofundme should be used for things like family tragedies weather its a illness, job loss etc.
    I absolutely know what I am talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by $UMP$ View Post
    Should racers be using gofundme accounts to subsidize their racing programs? I think gofundme should be used for things like family tragedies weather its a illness, job loss etc.
    agreed, starting to see some racers going that way its there call of course but I have to agree I dont see it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolmod View Post
    agreed, starting to see some racers going that way its there call of course but I have to agree I dont see it.
    It's troubling to see racers abusing the spirit of go fund me for emergencies to Instead finance their racing ambitions!
    I absolutely know what I am talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by $UMP$ View Post
    It's troubling to see racers abusing the spirit of go fund me for emergencies to Instead finance their racing ambitions!
    I can see if they got a car or hauler stolen or loss by fire etc, or God forbid an accident etc...but to be able to race, not so much

There are plenty of crowd funding sites available. As long as you disclose your intentions I don't see a problem using GFM. Two years ago some racers tried to get a motorsports-specific crowd funding site going but it failed due to lack of interest.

I've considered trying to get some engine funding from one of these sites...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019