Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I honestly don't know much about tires, but if you make them run the same tires they hot lap with all night, wouldn't you also need to impound maybe 2 additional tires from each team at the drivers meeting to use in the event of a flat (or two) during the evening? That way they wouldn't be enticed to get a mystery pinhole right before the feature and ask to change a tire...?

This is only my opinion, BUT. You are 180 degrees off what I would do. I would pick a tire and say boys do what you want with it as long as its the series tire. Then you have an equal opportunity to compete. It is on the racer to prep them better than the next guy. Treated tires last longer, they do not wear out faster. That depends on the track surface. Put it in the racers hands. I would also make traction control legal. When you make things legal you no longer have to police it and the price comes down. You as a series cant afford to suspend drivers as they are your show. Before you say making tire prep legal is dangerous because of the chemicals I will remind you of two things. 1- guys are already doing it. 2- you sign a release for a reason, racing is dangerous and can kill you...

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart50 View Post
    This is only my opinion, BUT. You are 180 degrees off what I would do. I would pick a tire and say boys do what you want with it as long as its the series tire. Then you have an equal opportunity to compete. It is on the racer to prep them better than the next guy. Treated tires last longer, they do not wear out faster. That depends on the track surface. Put it in the racers hands. I would also make traction control legal. When you make things legal you no longer have to police it and the price comes down. You as a series cant afford to suspend drivers as they are your show. Before you say making tire prep legal is dangerous because of the chemicals I will remind you of two things. 1- guys are already doing it. 2- you sign a release for a reason, racing is dangerous and can kill you...
    Nice post..............never ever gonna happen, but nice post.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Nice post..............never ever gonna happen, but nice post.
    Thanks, but are you feeling OK? High Fever maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Henry View Post
    Policing tires are going to be the backbone of this series.
    Make no mistake, we are very serious about tire tampering and this series will only be as good as its teching.

Racers, since this is YOUR series, what are appropriate penalties for tire rules infractions?

Thanks,

Jimmy Henry
    REVOLUTION Super Late Model Series
    "For the racers, by the racers"
    1 year suspension.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

I think Oldfart50 is right if you gave out all these suspensions, there would be nobody left to race, They will be lucky to get enough cars to race before someone is suspended.

death penalty
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I like Oldfart50s post (I like run what you brung) and it started me thinking since I never soaked a tire, lets hear a list of safe tire coumpounds and the maybe deadly ones that have been tried. Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by poolcuemaster View Post
    I like Oldfart50s post (I like run what you brung) and it started me thinking since I never soaked a tire, lets hear a list of safe tire coumpounds and the maybe deadly ones that have been tried. Leonard
    I have never treated a tire, but I am pretty sure some of the cars I have wrenched on have taken years off my life.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

When i was kart racing I treated all my tires, but then I learned how bad ALL that stuff is for you. The last 2 seasons I kart raced I just bought all the compounds I needed and did nothing but clean the tires and keep them out of the sun and weather. I ran better and was doing less work. The part about treating not effecting the life of the tire is hogwash, it shortens the tires life and the treater. TC I'm not for, but I don't fear it either, it really only helps non-drivers and lazy chassis tuners be a little more consistent not necessarily faster. I like an open tire rule, but you've gotta race what you qualify on or maybe change a RR or something like that. I do not believe near as many racers are currently treating tires as some theorize. Liars never believe anyone else and cheaters tell themselves everyone else is doing it too so they'll feel ok about it.

Creasote, the black stuff they put on telephone poles, thinned out with lacquer thinner (highly carcinogenic) is the best i ever used. .5 tenths a lap on a dirt oval in a Kart back then. Oddly enough PB Blaster is good, the pentrant stuff, works pretty well. Simple green works well to clean tires and keeps them tacky.

Now days they have stuff made, goat pee ones is called LOL. If you ever want to see how bad tires can get, on a smaller scale, just go to a kart race (Dirt oval) them guys are crazy. They will take a new tire, and put it on a machine to tru it down, or cut it down, sand etc, right down to the cords. Treat it with goat pee, and then run em. There only good for 2 runs, and its about a second a lap faster, but costs you $250 bucks a crack or so. Its flat out crazy.

Just say no...

Told ya it would get insane.........................

Methylethylketone some bad stuff make a tire that punches 70 punch in the mid 40s but is some bad stuff extremely flammable and one whiff well give you a headache instantly just imagine what that stuff does to your lungs

PENALTY: DRAWN AND QUARTERED!!

Since we've gone insane, I remember reading about a track out west that leveled the playing field by making their racers run the hardest ASPHALT tire made(economy tire they called it, $69.00) on the right rear. Grooving allowed, no siping. Seems it worked since they had different winners each week. Tire was sold at the track and was stamped. Usually was good for about 8-10 races with little or no drop off.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    PENALTY: DRAWN AND QUARTERED!!

I like this idea or maybe 1st offense you lose a finger, cheaters choice as to which one. Second offense is the hand. I'm sure everybody will get in line pretty quick. If Ronnie Lott can take it, so can you.