Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bloomer got caught a long time ago for deck to low

The xr1 is a bad ass piece. There is so much differnt stuff going on pictures won't even show all the stuff. The deck slopes a ton from behind the driver back up to the spoiler. It's so.Low the fuel cap on the fuel cell about rubs the fuel door.

The XR1 is a CHASSIS, not a body. The body and decking configuration that Rocket is using for the bodies that leave their shop (full rollers) can be duplicated on literally ANY dirt late model chassis on the market.
    From reading this thread, if I didn't know any better, I would be convinced that getting a new Rocket roller is the only way to be on top of the current aero game.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    The XR1 is a CHASSIS, not a body. The body and decking configuration that Rocket is using for the bodies that leave their shop (full rollers) can be duplicated on literally ANY dirt late model chassis on the market. From reading this thread, if I didn't know any better, I would be convinced that getting a new Rocket roller is the only way to be on top of the current aero game.
    I think people are forgetting this, or don't want to put in the work

We made changes this years to lower the deck for room for driver to remove himself and it took ALOT of work to get enough space to get a large impact helmet out the right side.

Guy at our local track years back run with no roof all the time he was to big to get out between door and halo. Just crawled out the roof everytime

My guy is 6'1" 185 # but try getting a helmet out the right side, maybe able on its side but not vertically.

I'm 6'2" 265#. I had to move the roof on my car all the way against the roll bar. It's tough on a big boy getting out of these things, especially with a full containment seat. Gonna be a tall cage car for me next time for sure

I'm thinking about putting a hinged door in the roof. Getting out the right side is very difficult with the full containment seat. We got doored pretty bad one time last year and it folded the top of the door and decking up so that I couldn't get out after the race without having somebody really work to push it down from outside first. I got claustrophobic in a hurry.

I know what you mean, if I feel like I cannot get out I hate it. We had a guy flip couple years ago and his door got pushed up and we couldn't get him out. Took a couple guys jumping on top of the door so he was able to slide out. Scary feeling when your pinned in. Edit also he was leaking gas as all this was going on we was rushing pretty quick