Default 2016 NASCAR Hall Of Fame Inductees Congrats to Texas Terry

Bobby Isaac, Jerry Cook, Curtis Turner, Bruton Smith and my personal favorite, Texas Terry Labonte.

A very deserving class, to be sure. It was good to see Curtis Turner finally get the recognition that he has always deserved. It's safe to say that the induction of Curtis was a bit uncomfortable to some. He wasn't exactly a favorite of the late Bill France Sr.

I found it very ironic and contrasting that pee wee herman jr., aka Kyle Busch introduce Terry Labonte for induction. There couldn't be a more odd couple in the history of NASCAR. Terry exemplifies and epitomizes manners, class, dignity and proper humility which is in sharp contrast to pee wee jr. who is a polar opposite with no apparent manners, class, no dignity and virtually no humility.

Dale Inman was Terry's crew chief early in his career and Terry credits Dale for keeping him on an even keel and showing him how a driver in the public eye conducts himself both on the track an off. If there were more Terry Labonte's and Dale Inman's and less Busch brother types NASCAR, as well as the world, would be a bit better place.

Congrats to all the inductees, especially Terry!!

Glad to see Terry get inducted also CIRF well deserving, also good to see Isaac he was a local around here that done good I was at Hickory Speedway the night he collapsed and later died was very sudden and really young to pass away like that.

drano, didn't mean to slight Mr. Isaac. He was before my time but I've read plenty about him and just how good he really was. I looked it up and he passed away at the age of 45. That is way, way too young.

In the course of my reading of NASCAR in Isaac's day I got the distinct impression that Bobby was someone that was not to be unnecessarily provoked. He once was quoted as saying "if NASCAR would let me do whatever I want for 15 minutes following each race they'd sell out every one of them" If we had a bit more of that these days there would be a lot less BS going on during the races. Those boys policed themselves and it worked very well, too.

Jerry Cook is a well deserved inductee, as well. I didn't follow his career but his numbers were quite impressive.

I have some mixed feelings concerning Bruton Smith. He's no doubt done much good for stock car racing but I'll never quite get over his handling of North Wilkesboro and a few other deals. You don't amass a fortune the size of Bruton's without destroying some good people along the way.

Terry LaBonte represented NASCAR professionally on and off the track. Congrats to Terry on his induction to the Hall

Jerry cook?

Same Jerry cook that works for Gibbs and who's son drives the modified ( Taylor)

Fine young man, clearly comes from good stock.

Congrats to Jerry.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Not the same Jerry Cook BBQ