Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I always wonder why there aren't more apps for google racers. That's a nice simple spreadsheet Matt49. Host it on a webpage or something.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Take your spammy sales pitch to the classifieds.
    Now that is comical coming from a guy that pretty consistently advertises that fact that he's a Motorstate dealer and even quotes prices on parts in the tech forum.

I really would like to create a way to publish this type of thing online. Just trying not to give away too much work for nothing. Obviously there are people out there that can appreciate that.

Just Stop SCD. Be good for the forum.

Just a quick update on this. I didn't realize this but apparently you can "copyright" something yourself in the US. Sounds too easy but its just a matter of putting a copyright on it (the little C symbol and the year). So my next step will be to create a final copy of this which I won't really consider completed until I've had an opportunity to test it against actual spring smasher results. I believe all of my math is correct to this point but I think it's worth checking. One thing I haven't accounted for yet is the thickness of the slider between the springs. My current version assumes a slider with no real gap between the springs but a 1/4 inch is pretty substantial if we're going for accuracy.

Can we go back to discussing go-to adjustments at the track ? This was a great thread till all the spreadsheet bru-ha-ha started !

Mostly shocks.
    Pinion side of j-bar
    Top left bar to add rear-steer and help with drive off

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    Mostly shocks.
    Pinion side of j-bar
    Top left bar to add rear-steer and help with drive off
    Thanks Matt ! I'm making a notebook with all this good info to take to the track

Does anybody adjust stagger at all? front or rear, or so you just set it per the tires you have a move on.

Thanks, Krom.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Does anybody adjust stagger at all? front or rear, or so you just set it per the tires you have a move on.

Thanks, Krom.
    You have to leave some things alone to be able to have some consistency. There is a lot going on with a simple stagger change. I avoid that as much as possible.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I have always followed that rule MB Racer, but i know a few guys at the track, that win, and that's one of their main adjustments. Always sort of puzzled me.

Think i will start scaling the car with different sets of tires to see where i am with different staggers.

Also, anyone ever miss with spoiler adjustments? stand it up or lay it down?

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    I have always followed that rule MB Racer, but i know a few guys at the track, that win, and that's one of their main adjustments. Always sort of puzzled me.

Think i will start scaling the car with different sets of tires to see where i am with different staggers.

Also, anyone ever miss with spoiler adjustments? stand it up or lay it down?
    I don't typically mess with spoiler. But, I have never been above some crazy stuff. 15 years ago I was racing one night on a small bullring and couldn't loosen my car up all night. Qualified terrible. Terrible in heat. Luckily, all cars made the feature. I took the spoiler off for the A main. People laughed at me. I started 20th and finished 3rd. I was working on 2nd with about 5 laps to go and the track finally started going away. I was hanging on the last few laps. LOL
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I rode one of my motorcycles behind my brothers car on an open trailer one night, you wouldnt believe the amount air they move. I got close enough, say 6 foot behind the spoiler, the rear end of the bike would actually come off the ground LOL. I couldnt believe it.

Once i got in the low pressure area, i could almost let all the way out of the throttle and get pulled along. thats when i started feeling the rear end wobbling sort of, then i noticed the rpm fluctuating, it was intense LOL.

Just say no...

That is a fact. Most people don't believe air has much effect. Your car will run much better by itself then in traffic .even on a small track.