Unhappy 201 speedway rip !!!

I see that this track is headed down this year and it is a shame cause it has so much potential. They are only gonna run 6 races this year. I've always enjoyed going to this great track. I've seen some of the best races there and some that were dusty as all getout,but all in all it's a realy good track when ran rite.
    It only takes me an hour to get there but I will be driving almost 3 hours to PRP and 3 3/4 hours to Atomic all that I can afford to this year.I'll probably go watch the Lucas at 201 but that's all if I don't change my mind.Again I don't want to see it closed but I'm afraid it will if nothing changes.

I have the same feeling. It is really sad seeing as I only live around an hour away and only started going there two years ago. But that's the fate of a lot of eastern Kentucky dirt tracks unfortunately

I hate to hear that, really liked the place the couple of times I've been.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

I feel you guys pain as my favorite track Modoc Speedway (S.C.) is not running in 2016 . such a great place to be sitting idle for a year......

It is a very sad site to see a track sit idle.

201 was the best racetrack in the state of Ky including Florence and Ky Lake until they resurfaced it. I just hope they get the new dirt off of it. They resurfaced it just before the first Lucas race, and it has been too dusty to see since then. Water wont fix it, but a bulldozer and a couple of dump trucks will.

you never know what could happen with a limited schedule. gas city speedway sat idle for a year or half year and then they went to a limited schedule last year and car counts were sky high! but then again they had a hell of a group of people that know what they are doing too!

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVY DUTY View Post
    201 was the best racetrack in the state of Ky including Florence and Ky Lake until they resurfaced it. I just hope they get the new dirt off of it. They resurfaced it just before the first Lucas race, and it has been too dusty to see since then. Water wont fix it, but a bulldozer and a couple of dump trucks will.
    I really like the location of 201 surrounded by those old strip pit hills. The pictures I've seen are awesome. I've never been there yet, but would like to go. The only reason I haven't made the 275 mile trip is the videos showing just how dusty it is there for the big races. Got a feeling that this has hurt the success of the track a lot.

I have no idea why people in KY think that red dirt is the best surface for racing. 201 has a pinkish- red dirt on it, and I was there for a test session last May and it went from wet and hooked up to dusty and hard to see within a couple sessions
    I remember racing there 2005-2009 and it was dark brown/black dirt, and it was not dusty, and multiple grooves all night. fun place to race.

-Kentucky red clay added to KY tracks have killed racing @:
    Bluegrass Speedway in Bardstown, KY now completely closed, up eat up tires, no passing, rubbered up on weekly shows
    -Ponderosa speedway still running , but eats tires
    -201 Speedway so dusty you cannot see
    -Richmond Raceway has just recently added it , and I hear it is hard on tires, and not much passing
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

I've always thought the racing at Ponderosa was good.

I've been to 201 twice, and both times the track was dusty and the concessions were sold out about the time heat races began. But I'd love to see it stay open and the wrinkles ironed out.

I always thought the racing was good there just very very dusty. My biggest complaint was basically just lack of facilities for the size of show they were having. I realize it doesn't effect the racing but concession stands thy have a line that's not moving and little to no restrooms made it unpleasant at times. I really hope they get a couple of races in this year and plan on keeping it going.