Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Wheres that at?

IMCA tracks all over pretty much rained out april and may last year and when we did get to race weekly shows weren't dry at the tracks I went to.
    Fairmont, MN, and Jackson, MN for 2 places. I heard this from the Promoter's mouth that IMCA encouraged tracks to let them slick off to give the Crate cars a chance, so take your BS somewhere else. We had a Crate driver who was teched and his car turned over 7500! He claimed he had a faulty MSD box, and they didn't DQ him. They allowed him to change the box and start scratch at the rear of the feature, and get paid!! Your theory of no cheating in Crate land is like putting your head in the sand so you can't see it. It doesn't mean it's not happening.

Yeah pay no mind to me, I post with FACTS. This thread is about mike v who ran a crate at a ump race with a 5" spoiler against cars without one. FACTS are if anyone wanted they could buy mikes crate any time from him, he has paid staff who work on his car all of his stuff is always for sale. Another crate finished top 3 with a 5 inch blade on another night is my understanding.

Where are all the cheated crates being caught at? Post some FACTS here why don't you.

I ran a open and a crate last season almost exactly 50-50 split. I hate the crate and will be running my open again this year hopefully more.

Its called racing, if one option is faster than the other that's the one I will hopefully have in my car on that night, its not rocket science.

Why would anyone want to cheat the crate internally? We are allowed open engines if you want more power than the crate a simple vortec head 383 will provide it and weigh within 30#.....

cheated up crates caught ??? does not happen because promoters wont check a crate because they are sealed...meanwhile they can do whatever they want and no one questions it. Then we get to hear from crate huggers like you telling us how mighty the crates are and how they are saving the world and fixing world hunger. if the crates are so awesome then great they can compete weekly with NO rule breaks and the track prepped the same as any other week and lets see how mighty they are then.

Is modracer and sirleafalot the same person? I quoted sir and mod is replying maybe you forgot to log in out?I raced at Jackson it was heavy all night... It was a big special so it should have been easy to make the track dry if they wanted. big cushion and a lane of tacky on the bottom. I was told it had that tacky lane ALL season because of the new way the cut the track and banked it down there. over 7500, lol that wouldn't last long or go any place. I didn't say there is no cheating they caught a bunch of cheated msd boxes, that's common knowledge.
    Beg to differ SCD my name is Graham and I race FALS speedway in IL feel free to look me up. I will let mod41 post for himself and on his own not my circus or monkeys. I have never ran in MN and have no idea wth is going up there.however I dislike crates as much as anyone, and I have grown tired of the push for crates. UMP is screwing themselves right now in the Bmod class because they are ONLY crates, and they are losing tracks because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sirleafalot View Post
    Beg to differ SCD my name is Graham and I race FALS speedway in IL feel free to look me up. I will let mod41 post for himself and on his own not my circus or monkeys. I have never ran in MN and have no idea wth is going up there.however I dislike crates as much as anyone, and I have grown tired of the push for crates. UMP is screwing themselves right now in the Bmod class because they are ONLY crates, and they are losing tracks because of it.
    not correct right now crates are and option and not a bad option last year the national champ ran a crate and yes they lost one track which hit that track witha another track with UMP talking about changing nights best of luck to all
    Last edited by old fan; 02-06-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    not correct right now crates are and option and not a bad option last year the national champ ran a crate and yes they lost one track which hit that track witha another track with UMP talking about changing nights best of luck to all
    oldfan..here are the rules right from UMP's siteDIRTcar UMP Pro-Modified Engines);A,) The Chevrolet Performance Parts 602 engine (GM Part Number – 88958602) will be the only engine permitted for competition. (seeG, below) All engines are to remain sealed from the factory. The original factory seals must remain unaltered, tampering, removal,modifications of any type and/or broken factory seals will not be permitted. (The Chevrolet Performance Parts 602 crate engine mayhave part number changes from time-to-time as issued by the manufacturer.)These are the 2016 rules. I have heard UMP may back off on this because so many people are complaining, but rules clearly state only crates.

looks like you can run other than crate....further in the rules....but in typical UMP fashion you have to check with the tracks..more UMP nonsense, of course open motor gets a weight penaltyH.) As an option, for the 2016/2017 season(s) , a “Steel Block/Steel Cylinder Head” engine may be used. This shall include:1. Steel engine block, steel heads,2. Chevrolet, Ford, and Dodge OEM Engines ONLY. Aftermarket blocks will not be permitted. A maximum of 360 cubicinches will be permitted for any steel engine.3. The “Steel Block/Steel Cylinder Head” engine may only use one 500 CFM 4412 Holley unaltered carburetor is required.The local track rules reserve the right for carburetors to be claimed and/or changed (i.e. “exchanged”) for competitiveanalysis and/or inspection. Choke horns may be removed.4. Only flat tappet type cams and lifters will be permitted. In 2016 and 2017 Roller rocker arms and/or any type of rollercomponents will not be permitted.5. Note: this engine option may not be permitted at all tracks. In the event this engine is not an option, track officials willdetermine the eligibility for a “Steel Block / Steel Cylinder Head” Engine. The weight penalties for the “Steel Block / SteelCylinder Head” Engine must be applied in every application.6. Overall vehicle weight will increase by 100 pounds each year, for cars using this engine option. The weights shall be:2015- 2500 pounds, 2016 – 2600 pounds, 2017 – 2700 poundsENGINE INSPECTION AND/OR ENGINE EXCHANGEA.) World Racing Group and/or DIRTcar Officials reserve the right to exchange or im

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    no wonder crate did well, open motor gets a weight penalty. If the crate is so awesome then let them runs heads up.

Went to racers auction in Iowa couple of weeks ago and promoter is having a 10k to win show, with the following rules, no crybabies, no crates, no yuppies, and no f@gs.

Best rules package ever.

constant confusion from UMP, rules say ONLY crates, then you read further down open motors is allowed at some tracks and some not and then some are allowed but have to add weight.,..WTF.

Sam cannot write rules to save his life.

Is modracer and sirleafalot the same person? I quoted sir and mod is replying maybe you forgot to log in out?

I raced at Jackson it was heavy all night... It was a big special so it should have been easy to make the track dry if they wanted. big cushion and a lane of tacky on the bottom. I was told it had that tacky lane ALL season because of the new way the cut the track and banked it down there.

over 7500, lol that wouldn't last long or go any place.

I didn't say there is no cheating they caught a bunch of cheated msd boxes, that's common knowledge.
    Nice try. I race at both weekly and depending on which night you went to Jackson it could be tacky, however, more nights than not it went dry. Fairmont was dry most nights and wasn't farmed most weeks. They would apply water to the track the day of the races but not farm it so the water ran to the bottom and it was slick from the go, again, at IMCA'S request to give the crates a chance. One particular idiot crate racer was crowing like a rooster about how dry it was and how much he loved it.
    I can tell you, there are a LOT of racers, true dirt racers who HATE everything that Crate engines bring to the table. The cheated up engines, no tech, tracks catering to them, you name it. As time goes on with the likes of this crap, I get more respect for the promoters who hold big-money, no-crate engines allowed races. I wish one of the 2 tracks mentioned above would do that for a weekly show.

You can't find people cheating in crates or any other division for that matter if you don't tech so, in UMP land who really knows who's cheating and who's not.

sorry 10 k to win b mod race is just plain stupid , if you want to ryn for that kinda money put your big pants on and run with the a mods

Quote Originally Posted by modracr41 View Post
    Nice try. I race at both weekly and depending on which night you went to Jackson it could be tacky, however, more nights than not it went dry. Fairmont was dry most nights and wasn't farmed most weeks. They would apply water to the track the day of the races but not farm it so the water ran to the bottom and it was slick from the go, again, at IMCA'S request to give the crates a chance. One particular idiot crate racer was crowing like a rooster about how dry it was and how much he loved it. I can tell you, there are a LOT of racers, true dirt racers who HATE everything that Crate engines bring to the table. The cheated up engines, no tech, tracks catering to them, you name it. As time goes on with the likes of this crap, I get more respect for the promoters who hold big-money, no-crate engines allowed races. I wish one of the 2 tracks mentioned above would do that for a weekly show.
    that's called running a UMP A MOD LMAO

I am not a crate lover by any means but I know anumber of teams that would not be racing if it was not if they did not have the crate option I am

You don't really race at Fairbury unless you call being there a time or two in that low budget mod class!
    I absolutely know what I am talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by $UMP$ View Post
    You don't really race at Fairbury unless you call being there a time or two in that low budget mod class!
    I dont recall meeting you anywhere $UMP$, so I am not sure why the insult. I managed to win a couple of features last year. How many did you win last season ?Hey if its so easy to win then come on down to FALS and race with us and show us all how its done.My name and user name is out for everyone to see. Whats your name and where do you race ? I see you on here a ton insulting people etc. I am not hiding behind a user name. Graham Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by $UMP$ View Post
    lmao if this cat raced one time thats more that you $ump$ lmao, all you do is scrape mud on the 36L and change out Jamie's tearoffs.

I dont recall meeting you anywhere $UMP$, so I am not sure why the insult. I managed to win a couple of features last year. How many did you win last season ?Hey if its so easy to win then come on down to FALS and race with us and show us all how its done.My name and user name is out for everyone to see. Whats your name and where do you race ? I see you on here a ton insulting people etc. I am not hiding behind a user name. Graham Jackson
    good luck Graham, $UMP$ will not give out info he only hides behind the computer, and should be banned. this board has improved since his BFF Lite Inn, was banned hope now moderator will ban $UMP$.
    If you really want to find $UMP$ just go to Plymouth and look for the 36L, he is on the crew.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzxxx666 View Post
    no wonder crate did well, open motor gets a weight penalty. If the crate is so awesome then let them runs heads up.Went to racers auction in Iowa couple of weeks ago and promoter is having a 10k to win show, with the following rules, no crybabies, no crates, no yuppies, and no f@gs.Best rules package ever.
    they are trying to get more racers involved is that a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolmod View Post
    good luck Graham, $UMP$ will not give out info he only hides behind the computer, and should be banned. this board has improved since his BFF Lite Inn, was banned hope now moderator will ban $UMP$.
    If you really want to find $UMP$ just go to Plymouth and look for the 36L, he is on the crew.
    Sorry to say but he's back, lite-inn big.ed goes by old fan now.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Sorry to say but he's back, lite-inn big.ed goes by old fan now.
    thats a shame, they have (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near shut him off on STL Racing..he goes by f40 over there beware