Default Rear main oil leak on 2300 Ford

Got a problem I haven't seen addressed on here. My 2300 crank is in great shape, the right weight, good journals, etc, but there is a small groove worn in the crank where the rear main goes. I can't get a good seal here because the wire on the seal rides on that groove. Anybody got an idea on how to fix this? I even thought about getting a thin shim to put on the crank and then add the seal, moving the wire slightly away from this groove. There must be a better way to fix it.

most racer leaks are caused by no crankcase evac.

Speedy sleeve.

Dave - I have the stock crankcase breather and one on the valve cover, not sure what else I could try. The deal where you use the header to pull from the valve cover area is illegal for us. BTW, I'm also getting a small leak around the distributor base.

Browndog what is a speedy sleeve?

agree on the speedy sleeve. it's a thin metal sleeve that fits on the crank to provide a smooth surface for the main seal.

olin

+1 on the speedy sleeve, works great,easy to install, and only about $12
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

Put a new O Ring on distributor. We had the header breather on Balluzzos Mod that's one or the reasons people threw fits was the puffing lol
    Quote Originally Posted by supertruck View Post
    Dave - I have the stock crankcase breather and one on the valve cover, not sure what else I could try. The deal where you use the header to pull from the valve cover area is illegal for us. BTW, I'm also getting a small leak around the distributor base.

Browndog what is a speedy sleeve?

Old post but I found a cheaper fix than the Speedisleeve. Race Engineering sells a seal with an offset lip for $11.00 Worked like a charm. just some info for others with the same issue.