Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No thread on Smoke

Disappointed in you guys... more truth coming out now. Sand buggy accident a little different than a 4 wheeler accident which is what most associate with an ATV. I say if he's out put Rico in that 14!

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Disappointed in you guys... more truth coming out now. Sand buggy accident a little different than a 4 wheeler accident which is what most associate with an ATV. I say if he's out put Rico in that 14!
    This could be good idea. Rico might be able to finish better than 28th in points.

Its always best to wait n see before suggestion what his options are ..... I guess the fact he was air lifted makes it look bad .....

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Its always best to wait n see before suggestion what his options are ..... I guess the fact he was air lifted makes it look bad .....
    That and the incident happened Sunday and they don't plan on releasing anything until Thursday.

No news most of the time is Bad news

Not a Tony fan one way or the other but appreciate his passion for grass roots racing and owning teams as well as a race track. Seems some on this site can be pretty tough on anyone that doesn't have the high standards they themselves have. I wish him a full and speedy recovery, as I would anyone else having an accident.

I mean if I had millions of dollars I would probably have all kinds of toys (sprint car, late model, dune buggy, motorcycle, etc) and I would not just have them to go half speed on. Tony is just trying to enjoy his life, unfortunately he has had his share of mishaps with the fun. I wish Tony a speedy recovery, thoughts and prayers.

I read on twitter he has a broken back

Nothing surprises me anymore with that guy lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    This could be good idea. Rico might be able to finish better than 28th in points.
    And where did you finish last year in Cup points.....

Quote Originally Posted by heinen81 View Post
    Wasn't he 26th????

what a shocker!!!
    Last edited by IZZOJR16; 02-04-2016 at 07:22 PM.

If I understand it correctly, that type of fracture is more serious. I'm wondering if he will be able to run DLM's or sprints after he retires. With the dirt tracks being rougher, he might have trouble doing that kind of racing. I'm not a huge fan of his in terms of NASCAR. But, I do hope he can enjoy the dirt track stuff after retirement.

Sounded like he may have to regain back strength before he can get into anything. I have doubts he will be in any race car much this year. It will be interesting to see if NASCAR gives him a waiver like they did Kyle last year. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't because it was non NASCAR related incident nor was it a personal family issue. The article I read stated he could walk but it was painful. The only reason he was air lifted because it was in such a remote area that an ambulance would have had a problem getting to. Also Greg Biffle was there riding but not with Tony and he said he had a close call once. I've rode the sand dunes here in MI and at times it can get a bit risky. You really have to be paying attention.

In the world I live in, Private Medical Information is meant to be just that.....PRIVATE. And I am tired of hearing the argument that he is a public figure. If any of you were famous public figures and came down with a case of Hemorrhoids would you want the world talking about it everyday? Probably not.

My point here is that I believe every public figure should have some level of privacy especially when it comes to a medical situation. I am a big Tony Stewart Fan and I wanted to know as much as the next person. However, I also understand why this information is not so forthcoming right after it happens. How many times have we seen "early" reports end up being inaccurate about these situations. There are too many near-do-wells in the Sports Press trying to be huge snoops instead of responsible reporters of the news.

So lets all give Tony and his family a break, I am sure we will all know his status in due time.

I broke my back in a car wreak when i was 18..It hurt too set in a car for over 2 years after..I walked in too the doc off. and that was not too smart.I was in too Drag racing then and the pain when you shift was so bad . Stopped racing and started working on a Sprint car team....It all depends on what he broke..I say theres a 50% chance he dont race for 3 mouths or longer....If at all....

Will now that I have read this If he makes it back this year I be Shocked.....That way worst then my back when it was hurt and I was in a back brace for 9 mouths...I just had cracks in the same bone and could not bend over for a long time....It hurt just to walk for over 6 to 7 mouths...The muscle you lose is unreal I lost almost 30 pounds...

Quote Originally Posted by heinen81 View Post
    Lol, entirely not the point. NASCAR is your career, that's first. Not dune buggies, dirt cars, drag racing, football, or pu$$y. NASCAR, it pays the bills and affords you the lifestyle you have. Risking it all in a fukin dune buggy is retarded. And I'm guessing it's like Biffles and Robbie Gordon's dune buggy, which is it's more like a sand rail car.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Lol, entirely not the point. NASCAR is your career, that's first. Not dune buggies, dirt cars, drag racing, football, or pu$$y. NASCAR, it pays the bills and affords you the lifestyle you have. Risking it all in a fukin dune buggy is retarded. And I'm guessing it's like Biffles and Robbie Gordon's dune buggy, which is it's more like a sand rail car.
    Big motor Sand cars