Default 604 Crankcase Evac

I thought I saw this on here a while back and cant seem to find anything online on how to properly setup a crankcase evac system on a 604. I have heard of people cracking timing covers, is this a common issue or where their systems setup incorrectly? Any help would be appreciated as I have never dealt with this system before.

I have had 3 604 and I have never had any issue with any of them. Never put any system on them either

I just noticed today while reviewing the 2016 IMCA rule book that evac systems are legal

has it always been that way?

we did some testing on a 602 several years ago and it was most definitely worth it but in most series its not permitted so we never really looked at it anymore.

not sure what it will do on a 604 with the low tension rings but I can theorize that it will respond even better than the 602

we have a full schedule of testing with the Sunoco fuel and some new aircleaner bases after that but I will be sure to do a little something with the evac deal now that I know it can be run somewhere

stay tuned>>>

Brad
    www.race-1.com

Jeff,
    Do you take the hose right from the valve cover to an oil separator tank or do you use the push in valve cover breather that comes in the kit?

OK, thanks for the info Jeff!

Champ makes the separator tank. Sold by kevko, stoa as well as others im sure.