Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Race fuel for2016

Just curious to know if race fuel has dropped like gas at the pump??? Any info would be appreciated.

I bought a drum of VP for East Bay and It was the same price as last year. Not one cent less. Someone is cashing in for sure.

Dave
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports

As of Monday drum of vp. Late model plus $725

Quote Originally Posted by Racer96m View Post
    I bought a drum of VP for East Bay and It was the same price as last year. Not one cent less. Someone is cashing in for sure.

Dave
    By reading this forum I thought it was open motors and soft tires that were hurting the sport.

Default Vp / sunoco fuel ripoff

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanscrew View Post
    as of monday drum of vp. Late model plus $725
    it is hard enough to race without being ripped off . But we all know the
    price of fuel is down . And for the fuel distributors to clearly rob the
    racers , is pure greed . Everyone knows that the price of fuel is way down,
    and no adjustment from ( vp) or < sunoco > if there is a way to screw us
    its the big company every time . So if there is a way anyone can find it
    cheaper post it , i doubt it . But lets keep putting out there so all can see .

Vp / sunoco whats up with the greed .

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    The price of race fuel didn't go way up when gas prices did, how can you expect it to go way down? Its been about the same for years.
    Idk about that. from 1992 until 2008-09 the price was $4-$7 a gallon at the track. At $725 for 54 gallons it's 13.42 now, bulk 54 gallon price. That's quite an increase. I will say that it hasn't been as volatile day to day or week to week..... just a slow steady increase.

The price of race fuel didn't go way up when gas prices did, how can you expect it to go way down? Its been about the same for years.
    I dont expect it to go down , i am pointing out the greed just goes up , and i have been
    buying a long time , it has gone up . Just fighting for the racer , When the the race teams
    keep dropping out , racin buy your self wont be much fun . any help to lower the price of
    racing for all racers is what i am for . I dont know if you get your fuel from a sponsor .
    but all i see is greed.

As original posted...just curious if anyone has heard about fuel price. Not looking for your resume stock car driver. Plenty of guys race out of pocket

This might be a silly question but what are the big difference between regular gas and race gas yes I know octane but I am talking other componats

In about 1978 when we were forced to start using racing fuel, because Sunoco quit selling 104 at the pump, Cam 2 or Union 76 was what everyone used. It was close to 3 bucks a gallon in 1978. That was when regular gas was less than a dollar. Racing fuel has never spiked up when regular gas did, and probably wont come down much with regular either. I run 93 octane in my 415 LS engine. It makes a little over 620 hp. It sure beats paying $11 for VP I was using in a motor that made 600hp I was running 3 years ago. At 10 gallons a night, it is about 80 to 90 dollars a night cheaper. That will pay for a freshen up in a season.

Pretty sure we pay $440 for a drum and it's been that way the past 4-5 years, and as far I know price is the same for this season.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Resume?

I was answering all dirt if I buy my fuel or not, pretty simple to follow along on the thread.

Fuel prices are the same in my area, you would have to call a distributor in your area to confirm, maybe you have a bunch of dum az so they can over charge
    Well i do have to admit i have a very big roush yates engine by Andy Durham . I like
    steak , but i dont want to have to pay no more than i have to . Like u said Dumb azzes
    that dont speak up dont get the oil. i will complain as much as it takes , I like oil , i also
    like good barbecue . KNUFF SAID .

I have switched to E85 and have had great success. When I had motor on dyno last spring I ran it on VP , alcohol and E85. The motor made the same horsepower as gas but 12 foot pounds more torque, Alcohol was better both ways by a small amount. I get my fuel at the station and am paying on average $1.69. Best move I ever made had Prosystem build the carburetor and at the time Patrick told me that any Saturday night racer not running it is (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) fool! LOL

How does your fuel out of the pump test? The same all the time? I run race gas because of the burn off and like consistency in my fuel.
    Real consistent after first of May will always be E85 or a little more maybe 86 or 87. I have a number of stations close to me within 20 miles. I get 110 gal at end of season and keep in heated garage over winter to start the season. Right not E85 here in Indiana is $1.29 a gallon. According to Patrick at Pro Systems it can get down to E80 before you have to make a jet change.

I run about 12 gallon of fuel for hot laps, 10 lap heat and 20 lap feature. That equals $20.28 per night in fuel. It runs just a tick warmer than alcohol but a bunch cooler than gas. I ran gas for years. My burn off is around 6 gal for a feature. It burns about 33% more than gas but 67% less than alcohol.

What kind of engine are you running 4time? Is it a crate, or an open motor? I have been wanting to try E85, but have heard horror stories about the mixture. What do you do when it is early in the year, and you are getting E70? Is there a place that you can get pure ethanol to bring the mixture back up to E85? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVY DUTY View Post
    What kind of engine are you running 4time? Is it a crate, or an open motor? I have been wanting to try E85, but have heard horror stories about the mixture. What do you do when it is early in the year, and you are getting E70? Is there a place that you can get pure ethanol to bring the mixture back up to E85? Just curious.
    I am running an open 404 cubic inch motor with CNC ported heads static compression is 13.6 to 1. I had absolutely zero problems from the start as I said earlier call Patrick at Pro Systems he will walk you through it, he is no more expensive than anyone else I believe the carb was $780. I run a good mechanical pump (clay smith the inventor of the six valve pump) with a dead head regulator at 8lbs pressure no bypass. I get 110 gal at the end of the year and put in the heated garage for the next spring and by the time it is gone the good stuff is back the 1st of May.

stock car I am running because of cost the way I figure it if I have a bad night my brother and I pit pass at 30 each with $20 dollar of fuel I break even. it pays $75 too start. But all that aside it is a very good fuel for what I am doing and the cooling is zero problem for me too I run a double pas radiator and have two rows of tape to keep it at 190 it runs the best there.

I also like the feel of it. This is kind of hard to explain but it runs like gasoline but feels like alcohol made not sound right but it just gives you that feeling of wamo when you smash the throttle if you have to turn the car with the rear.