Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I will never switch back for sure found what I like and saves me money too.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    So you have two carbs? a gas carb and a e85 carb? 780 for a built carb? That guy should be real busy if they perform, a box stock hp is about that price.
    Call him if you don't believe me have no reason to lie and IF you tell him exactly what you have down to cam heads intake headers and such you will not touch it when you get it home he IS that good. Murder Nova, Big Daddy and the Crow car all run his carbs. Oh and they perform he owns more world records with his stuff than any other carb manufacture. Bloomquest has run them as well as Owens but those guys change to whoever will give them stuff and he wont do it. Patrick is a fluid engineer from MIT and he races also Drag and SCCA although he is hurt right now he had a bad crash in his Camaro.

Yes I have the exact same carb in gas and alcohol and E85,have been running the exact same combination for probably 15 years. I have been using his stuff since 1998. He builds all his own metering blocks also no revamped crap. Mine are a 4150 main body blank. Patrick is a racer for the racers and he knows his stuff, I have never so much as adjusted the idle air on mine when I get it back from him and I know if I ever have too something is wrong. Back to the E85 I think for sure if you like gas you will love E85 it is the best of both worlds and will also save you a ton of money.

You are off on burn off it is only 33% more than gas and 67% less than alcohol. I never mix fuel it is absolutely not necessary not even for bracket racers but hey each to there own I wont ever change back for sure not for Saturday night 20 lap features. All of my fuel here in Indiana is very consistent from the first of May until the first of October. If the ones you knew of went back to alcohol at $4.50 a gal and burn 67% more must have more money than sense. It is good for me that's all I care about don't care if anyone else uses it or not.

Have a nice day Stock car last time I respond to your stupidity on here. I don't give a xxxk what you run, your numbers are way off or maybe you run a little motor on a little track greased slick with no throttle and are on a 2 barrel. So stupid just as every one else says.

Heavy Duty give me a call you have my number Jimmy Owens used to stay with me when he was running Mods. I would PM but yours is full.

At your figures your using 1 gal of gas for every 10 laps my god you better go to nascar you have found the secret to fuel mileage. LOL more ignorance LOL

4time,
    I emptied my mailbox out. Leave me your number. I use 6 or 7 gals of gas in a feature. I usually use 12 in a night. On alcohol I went thru 25 or more. An open motor would use more than a crate. I believe that the BSFC is or has a lot to do with how HP is figured. More fuel and air make a bigger explosion, which makes more power. That is why more airflow on one head will make more power than another.

Last season we started with a drum of race e85 at 310 a barrel once we used it we went with pump e85.It checked dead on the money all season long it averaged around 2$ a gallon all summer long.We can buy 10 gallons for 20$. 110 at the track is right at 10$ a gallon.We use it it a claimer type lift rule motor with a 600 vaccum secoandry Holley.The motor was good on gas but e 85 really woke it up.I have not drove it on track but have drove it on the road in front of my dads house it is much smoother and gives you the feeling he is talking about when you mash on it.We start with race e 85 because they claim the winter mix will be like e 70 I have not checked it myself but will this year.We will never go back. One more note Brad Hibbard said they saw no HP difference between renagade e85 which we used and pump e85
    Last edited by RW57; 02-15-2016 at 02:04 PM.

Race fuel prices are more dependent on chemical prices than gasoline prices. But in Florida, Renegade has actually lowered their race fuel prices, and they were already the lowest priced race fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Croley View Post
    Race fuel prices are more dependent on chemical prices than gasoline prices. But in Florida, Renegade has actually lowered their race fuel prices, and they were already the lowest priced race fuel.
    Now there is a answer i was and others was looking for , not some dumb azz that think
    they know it all and continues to run a mouth like a dumb azz to the tread wanting to know
    if the price is coming down .

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVY DUTY View Post
    What kind of engine are you running 4time? Is it a crate, or an open motor? I have been wanting to try E85, but have heard horror stories about the mixture. What do you do when it is early in the year, and you are getting E70? Is there a place that you can get pure ethanol to bring the mixture back up to E85? Just curious.
    donnie we have a run 370 on E85 with no issues, had to get bigger carb to make it work. I work with builder in MN and have had zero issue. I have a test kit for the fuel out of the pump, but have never seen the mixture drop below the acceptable limits. Love it and would not switch. Get the right crab guy and the E85 deal is the way to go. There are some places that will sell E98 to rich up the % but you have to find the right place. It also depends on where you buy it. I dont start getting fuel until April and I have not seen an issue even as late as Nov with the mixture.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Croley View Post

Well thats what i wanted to know , when add who are lowering prices, and when
    stocks and fuel go down , like i said squekin wheel gets the oil . i mean i look for the
    best prices .

When they build you a carb at Pro Systems never make any adjustments without a phone call. Best thing to do is go to their site and fill out a build sheet and send it to them. They can go from there and fit you with a price.

I saw last week E85 here in MI was .92 a gallon. The price for regular 87 was like $1.40 something . That's straight up E85 all the time.

MI Dirt Fan I agree if you have to make adjustment he is a simple phone call and always answers or returns cal promptly.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLDIRT View Post
    Now there is a answer i was and others was looking for , not some dumb azz that think they know it all and continues to run a mouth like a dumb azz to the tread wanting to know if the price is coming down .
    I do not believe I would be calling people names. Read what you wrote and then call your state Senator and demand a refund for your education.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart50 View Post
    I do not believe I would be calling people names. Read what you wrote and then call your state Senator and demand a refund for your education.
    I was just replying to quote # 14 . And if i wanted to smell old air i would have asked you .
    my educations just fine , as i own a salvage yard , two car lots , and a horse stables.
    that pays for my late model , modified . I was looking for lower fuel bills , Thats how i became
    to own the things i have . not just a bench racer thats a internet junkie that just reads post
    and throws his 2 cents in.