Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rumley Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by Kwoods25 View Post
    Was anyone a fan of Dale Earnhardt hear? I loved watching Dale cause he did WHATEVER it took to win. He didnt care if he wrecked you, Beat on you, or run you off the track. Dale didn't want finish 2nd and neither does Richards. That's why I am a fan he Drives harder than anyone else. I know he pushes the issue sometimes but that's what I like. The WANT to win.
    Almost everybody that races wants to win.........some just do it the right way and earn respect.

Others do it by what ever means possible and then wonder why they don't get any respect...........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Most people don't do it down the straightaway though......especially by hooking you in the rear at the highest speed section on the track coming down the back straightaway.
    I was there

I was there
    Ditto.......for all of it.

You will enjoy the racing at screven.......
    I just hope i can get down the road in time for Saturdays show

No i wasnt a fan of Earnhardt. I understand racing hard for the win. Racing someone, catching them and passing them clean just to get slammed in the next turn will get you plenty of lumps on your skull, but not much respect from the other drivers. Especially the 1s you run over or through to get to the front. Maybe thats just me tho bc 1 was a friend of mine and im a Roberts fan

Almost everybody that races wants to win.........some just do it the right way and earn respect.

Others do it by what ever means possible and then wonder why they don't get any respect...........
    I agree to an extent, but if you're willing to punt them, you are showing them no respect. And Dale was big on the chrome horn etc.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

We all have people we are fans of and we are always going to pull for our people over any one else. I would door slam, spin anybody for a win if it comes down to it and I will until I quit racing. That's just me

We all have people we are fans of and we are always going to pull for our people over any one else. I would door slam, spin anybody for a win if it comes down to it and I will until I quit racing. That's just me
    I'm the exact opposite. I believe in Eddie Carrier Jr's philosophy, and far as I'm concerned, Bloomers too. Pass them clean or don't bother. As long as they raced you clean that is. Race others as they raced you.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    I'm the exact opposite. I believe in Eddie Carrier Jr's philosophy, and far as I'm concerned, Bloomers too. Pass them clean or don't bother. As long as they raced you clean that is. Race others as they raced you.
    I agree..........and I'm a huge fan of the 28 for that very reason.

I find it ironic though that you are a proponent of racing others as they race you , considering our conversations about rocket man.

What are your views on the JD/erb deal then?

I agree with you both about Carrier. Ive also watched Bloomquist since about 95 and any race ive seen in person or on TV hes always raced clean

I agree..........and I'm a huge fan of the 28 for that very reason.

I find it ironic though that you are a proponent of racing others as they race you , considering our conversations about rocket man.
    Well, it's complicated. I've never seen him dirty someone in person. Seen the Roberts stuff and didn't agree with any of it at all. Didn't say I'm sporting a Josh shirt, but I do like him. I like Randle too, and he wasn't clean. I dunno really, I like aggressive drivers, I would be that way. But the stuff he did to Casey no, some of the other stuff that gets labeled as dirty, I'd have to see video or be there to form my opinion. I put Josh in the Bobby Pierce category, have to see it for myself, because there isn't very many unbiased opinions on either one. Same with Bloomer, but he's clean, so we attack other BS on him.

What are your views on the JD/erb deal then?
    I'm surprised Dennis or heather didn't walk over and punch him in the face for driving like josh Richards .

Well, it's complicated. I've never seen him dirty someone in person. Seen the Roberts stuff and didn't agree with any of it at all. Didn't say I'm sporting a Josh shirt, but I do like him. I like Randle too, and he wasn't clean. I dunno really, I like aggressive drivers, I would be that way. But the stuff he did to Casey no, some of the other stuff that gets labeled as dirty, I'd have to see video or be there to form my opinion. I put Josh in the Bobby Pierce category, have to see it for myself, because there isn't very many unbiased opinions on either one. Same with Bloomer, but he's clean, so we attack other BS on him.
    We are more alike than either of us would like to admit then..........very good post.

We are more alike than either of us would like to admit then..........very good post.
    I know BBQ, I still respect you man.

Thumbs up

I'm surprised Dennis or heather didn't walk over and punch him in the face for driving like josh Richards .
    Good deal then

My only issues with Richards have been where he flat out slams or dumps the driver that passed him clean for the lead. Everyone does or has thrown a slider or 2 at some point and i dont consider that dirty necessarily. Just dont get mad when they return the favor. When you see that happen to a friend and then to 1 of your favorite drivers (twice) you start to sense a pattern. Plus theyre both good local drivers that arent on that big stage every week

I know BBQ, I still respect you man.
    Roger that c and b.......right back at ya.

We can disagree, talk it out, still disagree and still be respectful ................the way it should be.

Some should learn how to do that.